• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
For anyone wondering, the rep bracelet will not fit the Gen case unless you sand/polish down the sides to a taper towards the springbar end. What a pity.

Last edited:

RepWatchNoob

Known Member
3/5/18
EU
For anyone wondering, the rep bracelet will not fit the Gen case unless you sand/polish down the sides to a taper towards the springbar end. What a pity.

No gen, no problem ;)
guys how do you wash your watches after receiving?
i will wash the bracelet in soap water and afterwards just with normal water.
do you do the Babyoil Bath thing? And if so - how?

Last edited:

Ronald

Known Member
20/4/15
So there you go. I personally love it.
can anyone give me a hint how I can put the last link one step nearer to the clasp?
is this clasp a bit bent? Or does it have to be like this?

Very nice.
Would you say it looks even better in person than in pictures?

Jacobs89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/19
Just get info from TD the ZF BB58 V2 is out of stock in factory, is anyone know how long is taking to back in stock?

spdu4ia

25/7/12
My normal TD doest have them in stock. Anyone want to sell me one in CONUS ill pay what you paid ! Beautiful piece I think I must have it . Or what TD has one?

RepWatchNoob

Known Member
3/5/18
EU
Oh man this bracelet is killing me. Trying to remove it and can’t catch the springbar on one sel. Any advice again guys?

RepWatchNoob

Known Member
3/5/18
EU
Guys, now I am wearing it a bit and recognizing some rotor noise or whatever. When I am turning my hand to look at the watch I hear the rotor and like a winding noise. Is this normal? My pelagos was loud due to an other movement, thought this one is not noisy.

Finally made it. Took me one beer and a lot of nerves.
2ELo5.jpg
2E2gp.jpg
2Eh4b.jpg

Last edited:

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
is this a normal sound? Or should I sent it to a watchamith?

i mean if it bothers you sure but its not bad for the longevity of the movement or anything. i dont think as asian ETA clone is even worth servicing, at that point you may as well just replace it with a genuine swiss ETA

RepWatchNoob

Known Member
3/5/18
EU
Question is if it is getting less noisy after servicing it.
How much is an Swiss eta? And how loud is that compared to the Asian? Really don’t know what to do.

Has anyone a comparison with a gen?

Last edited:

Rastapopoulos

Supporter
5/4/19
Germany
Just get info from TD the ZF BB58 V2 is out of stock in factory, is anyone know how long is taking to back in stock?

Is there any confirmation or news about that? Still waiting for my QC pictures and have to be sure that i will get it till christmas :unsure:

DwightSchrute

8/10/19
EU
I'm also waiting for new stock before PT ships a new clasp. Could the halted production possibly mean that they are working on a v3?