• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

what "tells" to look for?

kitersoze

26/11/08
i got this pic from fakey's corner:

TheRealWorld.jpg

to put it in words, wear the watch for yourself and you alone, bcz you love it and love the way it looks on you. that translates in an intangible yet entirely authentic way. if you're comfortable and at ease with it on (and the rest of your overall ensemble doesn't look too contradictory), no one's gonna notice/sense a thing. but if you're struttin' about all puffed out, constantly shaking your wrist to draw attention to it, or talking to ppl cross-armed on yr chest so that the watch is somewhat near the face (don't laugh, i SWEAR to god i've actually seen n talked to ppl who've done that!), then it doesn't even matter if it's a gen, you come off like a fraud or a fool, likely both. n that's when ppl will whisper behind your back, that you're full of it, not because they necessarily notice the CG's, the rehaut, or that yr secs aren't sweeping, but bcz the PERSON didn't wear and fit the watch. that's with strangers and relative acquaintences.

for the people who know you well, it'll either be no big deal or pretty obvious: either they know you own nice things and this is just another addition. or they know you drive a dodge dart and likely didn't happen to fall upon a gen rollie lying on the road. it'd be like having a massively receding hariline n showing up the following monday with a full head of hair, hoping you got the really convincing texture (rehaut) and color shade (CG's) right, so no one will notice...

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Yes they stopped using the holograms and switched to some dumbass barcode that really fucks up the side of the watch IMO. In fact I may have a hard time finding the non engraved cases soon. Looks like the anals have gotten what they wanted even though it doesn't line up right. :roll: So if anyone wants one of the older ones get it now.

Heron25

Known Member
4/12/08
i'm a relative noob to this whole replica watch thing, but I like to throw myself into a hobby once I get the bug. I've spent over $2k over the past three months on reps and have 3 gens also. I have yet to spend over $300 for a watch (and that's only on one watch because I couldn't find that style in a lower price)- all the rest are under $200. My favorite rep to wear is a Porsche flat six quartz with a red face that I bought for $120. I don't care what tells it has. IT'S FAKE! In my opinion and only for my own watches, I can't justify spending lots of money on "high end" reps and lots of mods. Again, I'm only speaking for myself. End of the day, I can spend $2k on mods, bands, movements, boxes, etc. and it's still a fake. I was listening to a Howard Stern replay last week and he was talking about the Real Doll which is supposed to be the closest thing to a real woman in the erotic doll industry. Some of the guys who buy these things spend thousands of dollars on high end makeup, shoes, lingerie and more. Spend as much as you like, but it's still not a real woman. I was thinking that this is the same thing as buying a rep watch. I like quartz movements, I like 21j movements, I like Asian eta clone movements, as long as it's not outrageously priced. I am a lawyer and work at a big firm with guys who wear real rolexes, breitlings, etc. and not one of them has asked me why my watch beats at only 6 bpm or why the rehaut on my watch is so pronounced. None of them know what the hell any of those things are anyway. Again, this is only my opinion and only speaking for myself, but spending $500 on a fake watch or adding a $200 lume job on a $150 watch is overkill in my opinion and like putting a real rolex on a fake doll.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Heron25 said:
I was listening to a Howard Stern replay last week and he was talking about the Real Doll which is supposed to be the closest thing to a real woman in the erotic doll industry. Some of the guys who buy these things spend thousands of dollars on high end makeup, shoes, lingerie and more. Spend as much as you like, but it's still not a real woman.

There are high end rep erotic women?

Tranman

23/1/09
The guys that buy these dolls and treat them like real ppl are scarier than the dolls themselves. Nothing wrong with toys, just don't confuse what's real and what's not. It's like ppl that try to justify "loving" animals in that way. It's not normal AND it's creepy. :shock:

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Fakey these are the older models, the latast models look eerie, so I will not post here..
haha, this thread is going offline..

Para

Renowned Member
24/10/08
Heron25 said:
I was listening to a Howard Stern replay last week and he was talking about the Real Doll which is supposed to be the closest thing to a real woman in the erotic doll industry. Some of the guys who buy these things spend thousands of dollars on high end makeup, shoes, lingerie and more. Spend as much as you like, but it's still not a real woman.

Hey, I got a harem of Real Dolls... 50 of them... I'm training up for the 50 virgins... just in case, I wouldn't want to disappoint them! (I've worked my stamina up to one and a half Real Doll BUT without pharmaceutical help!!)...

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
LOL

On a serious note. PL seems to have abiandoned the thread. I do wonder what his take on the opinions expressed are.

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
I heard he have some problems with his breitling and that the last I heard of him...

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
The real tell on the rep women is the CGs just aren't quite right and the bph is off a little :p

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Yeah but they don't do annoying shit like talking to you. I can live with it.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
fakemaster said:
Well that does seem to happen when AH shows up..

I was not actually the one who started talking about rep women first. I just didn't know that there was a market for them out there.

jmd33 said:
The real tell on the rep women is the CGs just aren't quite right and the bph is off a little

You mean if the missing heads don't give them away first?

donnay458

1/1/08
WTF on the rep dolls and that reuters news story that was SICK.

tells on rep watch ... forget about it unless you are really anal and need it to be 1:1 spot on. a rep should never cost more than $250 (though i have 1 in my current PAMILY that i actually paid $600 for ... it really never gets any wear time; good thing is that the seller (forum member on another site) sold me the watch with a caveat that if ever i grew tired of it -- he would buy it back from me at the $600 price point no questions asked)

i like the reference on this thread of what a rep looks like at 2' ; 4' and so on. no one's gonna know except you. buy what you like, buy what fits into your current lifestyle.

just have friggin a good time with this hobby!

Tranman

23/1/09
donnay458 said:
. a rep should never cost more than $250 (though i have 1 in my current PAMILY that i actually paid $600 for
:?: :shock: :?:

alviando said:
Fakey these are the older models, the latast models look eerie, so I will not post here..
haha, this thread is going offline..

Post up the link, I wanna see.