• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

grandphuba

8/4/18
Thanks. Noob looks good...although the hands seem a bit too green compared to the dial lume but it could be difference in “charge”.

It just shows how the transition between the two bezel colours is NOT an issue on reps. It’s just community paranoia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There definitely is a difference and while there are no speed bumps and while you can attribute to difference to whatever Mk used during the replication process, once you see the red spilling inside the 6 and 18, you can never unsee. Regarding the brownish color, I kinda prefer the one from Noob than Gen though.

grandphuba

8/4/18
With the VR3186 movement out, I'm thinking if I should get one of these or wait a bit longer. What do you guys think?

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
There definitely is a difference and while there are no speed bumps and while you can attribute to difference to whatever Mk used during the replication process, once you see the red spilling inside the 6 and 18, you can never unsee. Regarding the brownish color, I kinda prefer the one from Noob than Gen though.

I have both gen and rep BLNR and personally don’t think the insert transition is an issue in real life (in not talking about looking at zoomed in pictures). The same applies for BLRO etc, see pic.

There are other bigger issues that will annoy you if you’re used to seeing gen (crystal, magnification, green hands lume, flat hour marker surrounds, none 3D lume...these are real issues that will stand out and annoy people who are used to seeing gen - as they make the rep look off).

The transition thing is only an issue for people looking for a specific issue in blown up pics.

Just my opinion.

7870ccd6b056db580f5bd11c938929ca.jpg

Reactions: RiffRalf

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
With the VR3186 movement out, I'm thinking if I should get one of these or wait a bit longer. What do you guys think?

It remains to be seen whether ARF or VRF will attempt a BLRO insert, but there's a pic of a supposed VRF BLNR in the other thread and the insert has bad speed bumps. Also the Noob case remains King of the hill IMO.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I have both gen and rep BLNR and personally don’t think the insert transition is an issue in real life (in not talking about looking at zoomed in pictures). The same applies for BLRO etc, see pic.

There are other bigger issues that will annoy you if you’re used to seeing gen (crystal, magnification, green hands lume, flat hour marker surrounds, none 3D lume...these are real issues that will stand out and annoy people who are used to seeing gen - as they make the rep look off).

The transition thing is only an issue for people looking for a specific issue in blown up pics.

Just my opinion.

7870ccd6b056db580f5bd11c938929ca.jpg

The insert does play a big role in the tell for me. There are other tells too, yes, agreed. Dial markings are my biggest tell...my eyes zoom right to it. bTW is your picture meant to trick us? Both look like reps to me at a quick glance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobi01

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Nice! I didn’t think the noob datewheel could be realigned?
I’ve been trying to source a gen but no luck so far...

Sent from the RWI App

DW overlays can be realigned vertically, though that one doesn't look like it needs it.

Reactions: Pietros

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
The insert does play a big role in the tell for me. There are other tells too, yes, agreed. Dial markings are my biggest tell...my eyes zoom right to it. bTW is your picture meant to trick us? Both look like reps to me at a quick glance.

They did a review before, one is a Gen from
2012 I believe

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
cca168c5753e4d0402fa99998c506a7c.jpg
0f8486656a93a10cfc9f41a8ddc7c3c2.jpg

Gen crystal and dw can’t get here fast enough.

Pelagic looking good. If you explore the bezel construction can you please tell us if the insert is pressure fit like the gen or glued in? Thanks in advance.

Interesting

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
Hi. Just question about the bezel. How is the transition from blue/red at 18 and 6? Is it rough, with a bump like previous or is it gen like now? Any pilling or flaking off the silver numbers? Are they similar to the platinum spluttering they use in gen? Thank you!

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
least of your worries , let me rank them in

1. Red/brown color accuracy and the lighting needed
2. CHS timebomb movement you should ONLY adjust between 10-2 pm
3. $100+ premium they charge over say the batman simply because they know it's a hot in demand watch

all else is really secondary, a non-issue or easily addressable

Reactions: stufuse and JDM180

thinker1

26/11/17
Pelagic looking good. If you explore the bezel construction can you please tell us if the insert is pressure fit like the gen or glued in? Thanks in advance.

It’s glued in. I have ordered VRF to swap over the movement but in the meanwhile I have deconstructed noob.

Reactions: m5smg2

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Hi. Just question about the bezel. How is the transition from blue/red at 18 and 6? Is it rough, with a bump like previous or is it gen like now? Any pilling or flaking off the silver numbers? Are they similar to the platinum spluttering they use in gen? Thank you!

Transition is awesome..looks a couple pages back on my macro shots I put up in pictures. The markings have a sparkle to them and is creamy. No flaking yet, time will tell. Not sure but we think noob is charging more only because the process of creating the insert. You can tell the new Batman is not as good, insert wise and still has the bump.

Reactions: KJ2020 and Neo_7