• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
the print JF used on the tachymeter is a touch too small and the slope angle looks different. its very minor and needs a good eye.
a gen tachy would solve. i just notice AP did not raid the parts bin from the previous roo series. the print is laid different

guess the tach geometry is more obvious with the large gap up front. the gen tach likely thicker and fills the gap where you see the rubber piece

you could thin the rubber donut to drop the gap or use a thicker crystal?

i would be happy to wear as is. its a franken afterall. im more impressed someone's found gen hands

Last edited:
Reactions: Jurgenk

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
the print JF used on the tachymeter is a touch too small and the slope angle looks different. its very minor and needs a good eye.
a gen tachy would solve. i just notice AP did not raid the parts bin from the previous roo series. the print is laid different

guess the tach geometry is more obvious with the large gap up front. the gen tach likely thicker and fills the gap where you see the rubber piece

you could thin the rubber donut to drop the gap or use a thicker crystal?

i would be happy to wear as is. its a franken afterall. im more impressed someone's found gen hands

Thank you for the tips!

I was super lucky with the hands, happy that it had problems and had to get back to Domi and that the hands came in the same time :D

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
I think the 2.5 mm diver glass and a v2.0 Mikey black tachy would solve all that for low cost and little work (literally 5 min if you have a crystal press).

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
I think the 2.5 mm diver glass and a v2.0 Mikey black tachy would solve all that for low cost and little work (literally 5 min if you have a crystal press).

i was about to suggest the low cost mikey tachy until i notice the print on the new series is different.

the mikey tachy are for the classic series. does he sell a v2 with new print?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
i was about to suggest the low cost mikey tachy until i notice the print on the new series is different.

the mikey tachy are for the classic series. does he sell a v2 with new print?

What he said.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Some unreal builds guys fair play.

I've been sat on a 42mm noob elephant meaning to get the tachy shaved but fuck it, you lot have put me off. If anyone wants it hit me up and I'll list it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pompompurin

Limpy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
3/7/16
EU
Has anyone ever had a gen crystal installed in one of his franken projects? i have a gen crystal now but it seems the crstal does not fit plug and play due to its different peofile.

the problem is, my bezel is dlc coated and i cant have it be reworked. imthe steel would show and i have to do the dlc all over again if its possible. that would not make any sense economically. but maybe the modding is not visible from the outside. that would be awesome, then i might give it a shot.

376a9fbbe6d863fd96d6d6befbe16e70.jpg
c613a2b18bd5a78c9f53bd151bbdeb00.jpg
d5919fc0af07d27f4e6881ae93f56bae.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

chris12345

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/2/12
Hi folks,

We need your professional support on a Franken ROC 39mm project. I sold the following gen parts to member kameelperd and he wanted to finish the project but now we are facing some issues: case, bezel, crystal, pushers, crown and datewheel. He himself sourced gen bracelet, gen bezel and Caseback gaskets, gen white dial, gen hands (one subdial hand missing), a Chopard Fredric Piguet 1185-4 movement. We also ordered I donor quartz ap 15300 where we thought we could use the Caseback from as it has closed one, but the holes of the Caseback have different position.

We have these issues now:

We need:

1. 1 chrono hand
2. 2 gaskets and 2 springs for the chrono pushers
3. The 9 screws that go from the case to the bezel
4. The 8 screws that go from the caseback to the case
5. The caseback
6. Crystal (was sold to me as 39mm roc but buyer says it is 42mmROO)

Really appreciate your help!

Cheers

kameelperd

30/4/19
Hi folks,

We need your professional support on a Franken ROC 39mm project. I sold the following gen parts to member kameelperd and he wanted to finish the project but now we are facing some issues: case, bezel, crystal, pushers, crown and datewheel. He himself sourced gen bracelet, gen bezel and Caseback gaskets, gen white dial, gen hands (one subdial hand missing), a Chopard Fredric Piguet 1185-4 movement. We also ordered I donor quartz ap 15300 where we thought we could use the Caseback from as it has closed one, but the holes of the Caseback have different position.

We have these issues now:

We need:

1. 1 chrono hand
2. 2 gaskets and 2 springs for the chrono pushers
3. The 9 screws that go from the case to the bezel
4. The 8 screws that go from the caseback to the case
5. The caseback
6. Crystal (was sold to me as 39mm roc but buyer says it is 42mmROO)

Really appreciate your help!

Cheers

Hi everyone, thanks in advance. As chris12345 said we are stuck in the middle of the project and need your help.

Here is a picture of all the parts I have:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Or any other rep for that matter?

Ive tried (of course with no success) using screws from my different AP ROOs even gen ones...

Maybe JF 15202 screws fit the gen case but I haven't tried.