• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

We need a ....................

36anne63

Known Member
7/1/09
*** Womans watch section ***

11.jpg

Please Please Please
blob5.gif

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
Seanf's been asking for one for years...to show off his personal collection... :p

Seriously though, admins?

36anne63

Known Member
7/1/09
Ok... I donated too.... Now do we get a ladies section ? :D

Just kidding, no blackmail. After ordering 6 reps I think it`s time to donate to this site.
This site is the best!

Anne-marie

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
It's been proposed a couple of times, even since I've been here. This is the closest we've gotten to it:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46541

Apparently the problem is that there aren't that many good ladies reps to begin with, and then of course, since there aren't that many women to sustain the action on that section, it devolves into other issues. Dreadful ones.

36anne63

Known Member
7/1/09
Not that many lady reps ?

Ohhhh My wish list is growing every time Tony updates Watcheden.
And that is like 2 times a week, they have over 7000 watches on there...Arrrggg.
Tony is killing me with his updates....

I asked him about a Gucci race bag this morning, if he can get his hands on the one I really want then it`s done, I will let the company I work for send Tony my paycheck directly every month.... :D

We need a nice little ladies corner... we need more than just watches.
Bags jewelry shoes.... ohhhh yeah.

Anne-marie

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Sorry, Anne-marie, I mis-spoke. What I've heard is that there are not many GOOD ladies reps. But then, I'm not that clear on the criteria. If they make you happy, go for it. :)

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Hi girls :roll:

I have a sneaking suspicion that behind a lot of us guys purchasing watches and having outlandish hobbies like this one, is a tolerant girlfriend, wife, partner, whatever. Ms. Cybee currently has a CArtier La Dona, Ladies Datejust not to mention those cheap hideous Brighton watches. Just imagine if every guy on this board could get his significant other to start posting, there would be a quite a few ladies then.

I think some of the Cartier and Tag ladies reps are very good.

Anyway don't really know how I got into this thread...hey what time does Oprah come on?? :D

tehflea

Known Member
10/11/08
cybee said:
Hi girls :roll:

I have a sneaking suspicion that behind a lot of us guys purchasing watches and having outlandish hobbies like this one, is a tolerant girlfriend, wife, partner, whatever. Ms. Cybee currently has a CArtier La Dona, Ladies Datejust not to mention those cheap hideous Brighton watches. Just imagine if every guy on this board could get his significant other to start posting, there would be a quite a few ladies then.

I think some of the Cartier and Tag ladies reps are very good.

Anyway don't really know how I got into this thread...hey what time does Oprah come on?? :D

i think it would be nice for guys to have a place to find some nice reps as gifts for said tolerant partners too :)

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Who would we get to moderate it? None of the existing staff can do it,, we dont have the necessary parts.. :oops:
And whoever would do it would have to be pretty knowledgeable in them,, have some reviews under their belt, hell,, if every lady did a detailed photo review of their watches ... and continued to do so,, it would almost force us to make a section for them.. [smilie=dontknow.gif]

How about this,, we will be making some MAJOR changes to RWI over the next 1-2 months.. we promise to take a serious look at it, if not before the changes,, after for sure.

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
i've purchased more reps for my wife than i have for myself (3-1)

seems like there is an increasing market for ladies reps

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Ladies, I have purchased a few WATCHES for mrs alviando as well, So I guess this could be worth a shot.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
if every lady did a detailed photo review of their watches ... and continued to do so,, it would almost force us to make a section for them..

It will have to be Anne-marie then, because I won't have anything to review. Actually I was wearing a Cartier Tank for a short while (one of the $19.99 Silix specials) but it stopped after a couple of weeks, and I haven't tried to get the battery replaced yet.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hmmm, may even atract a few more female members.
Would not seanf be the obvious choice for mod? If the squid stays at home of cause. Then again, is the squid female?

Col.

36anne63

Known Member
7/1/09
I will read up on reviews, how you guy`s do em.
I`ll give it a shot this week-end.

Anne-marie

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Would not seanf be the obvious choice for mod? If the squid stays at home of cause. Then again, is the squid female?

Sure you want all the new females on this forum to be exposed to seanf first? Am I to assume that you don't want repeat visits from them?

36anne63

Known Member
7/1/09
Ok... I was going to do a review of my chopard happy sport....

Saturday .. was going to get one of those white tents you can take pictures in... SOLD OUT!! grrrr...rrrrr.

So... because I already have the lights I thought wat the ####.... I`ll get by without the tent...so... I looked al over the freakin net for the real deal, read a zillion sites ...ok 6 or 7... but finally came to the conclusion ... My watch doesn`t excist.
It`s a fantasy watch...LOL!!

No biggy...I love the watch. But my review will have to wait untill my J12 arrives.

Anne-marie

RayBelCons

4/12/08
You know, there is just karma in this world..... Anne Marie's request and this true story just go to prove it.
The word has gotten around I collect watches, what with the slide show of my collection and want list on my screen; so I have a few people stopping by to see and share stories.
A few minutes ago, A sweet little lady whose been here forever, stopped by to tell me of the "great deal" she found on Ebay of a GEN "late" sixties Rollie w/diamonds for "only $500 USD". She was so proud of her "internet deal". Later I'll send her the RWI link.
For me, the warning signs were flashing DANGER WILL ROBINSON - DANGER !!! The most I could do is ask for the link and maybe check if it's a scam or not.
My point to this story, this is exactly why we need a section for the ladies. True the scammer list is generic, but the listings are not. I can think of a couple Ladies REPs that I never seen mention of on the board. And women are much dedicated fashionistas than we men.
And. I admit, I do buy my female friends "lady" REPS. About 3 or 4 a year.
Wasn't too long ago the guys were hunting down christmas presents and valentine's stuff. What about a garunteed OOOH list of stuff every girl wants? Talk about points for us guys!