• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB V3 116500LN announced! Whats new?

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
masterpiece777 ginopino-

The entire bracelet is ARF; SELs, clasp and all. The Noob bracelet is definitely a better, tighter fit side to side, but the corner tips where the SEL meets the case (specifically at 5:00 and 11:00) appear to be cut short/blunt, resulting in a small little empty spot/void that is always present. The ARF has nice pointy tips, and they meet the case and follow the curve of the case just perfect.

Noob:
48865605357_ca0d1511ce_b.jpg

ARF:
48865405486_09b1f3ebdc_b.jpg

So, that was part of my motivation to figure out the fit.

I started with the basics; tried exchanging the ends (12:00 side moved to 6:00), tried every springbar I had in my spares.... Shimmed up the underside just a bit... And then I very, very slightly shaved off a bit of the leading edge of the SEL as I noticed that the springbars were ever so slightly bowed when fitted, and the points of the SEL were angled up a bit. Bringing the leading edge in a little helped quite a lot, as it brought the SEL in at the top, and taking off some material here also helped center the SEL (before, one side would sit up against the lug leaving a larger gap on the opposite side). A lot of trial and slow adjusting; have to be careful here as metal can be removed, but cannot be added. The undersides of my lugs are pretty chewed up from the springbar ends making contact after repeated fittings, but I can refinish that if it ends up bothering me :)

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
SHB- I think my Noob bezel started fading at around the first week of wear. Granted, it was being worn for nearly everything... Cleaned off daily under the faucet, in the shower, etc. But it was starting to look pretty dull on the recessed markers, numbers and scales.

I changed to a CF bezel about 3 weeks ago and it's still nice and bright... Shimmers and glimmers in light, and looks good in low light situations too. I think it was a very worthwhile upgrade.

Reactions: SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
SHB- I think my Noob bezel started fading at around the first week of wear. Granted, it was being worn for nearly everything... Cleaned off daily under the faucet, in the shower, etc. But it was starting to look pretty dull on the recessed markers, numbers and scales.

I changed to a CF bezel about 3 weeks ago and it's still nice and bright... Shimmers and glimmers in light, and looks good in low light situations too. I think it was a very worthwhile upgrade.

Thanks!
Hope the v3 will not fade, awaiting more feedback before place my order

alfonzo

25/7/19
I know color is subjective but what I know about the ceramic process, the type used in these bezels, it does not fade. Not sure what material your bezel is but that is one of the promisees of ceramic and one of the reasons Rolex went to it.

MichaelB14

Looking Around
8/10/19
I just received my QC pics last night. Is this gap a problem? I don't know if I am being offer picky or if that shouldn't be there.
watch1a.jpg
watch2a.jpg
watch3a.jpg

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
The issue isn't with the actual bezel fading, but with the recessed gradation/scale and font. The genuine has this inset marking inlaid with platinum via PVD process, which does not fade. The Noob uses a sort of paint to emulate this characteristic, which is the subject point here; that is what ends up fading/getting dull.

The CF bezel supposedly has platinum applied in the same PVD process as genuine Rolex, and hence should have better longevity as a result.

Reactions: SHB

alfonzo

25/7/19
The issue isn't with the actual bezel fading, but with the recessed gradation/scale and font. The genuine has this inset marking inlaid with platinum via PVD process, which does not fade. The Noob uses a sort of paint to emulate this characteristic, which is the subject point here; that is what ends up fading/getting dull.

The CF bezel supposedly has platinum applied in the same PVD process as genuine Rolex, and hence should have better longevity as a result.

I am 5 9's % sure that the Noob is PVD. I have posted that 2 or 3 times previous in this thread. My 116610 has a Gen insert so I have a direct comparison. Even if the Noob was paint (it's not) It would be some really shitty paint to have faded in a year let alone a week unless you leave it under UV light 24-7.

I have the V3 and have inspected it under magnification along with making comparisons to the gen and I think all of the hullabaloo over this is misplaced and I surely see no need to switch to the CF but those that are OCD challenged please too enjoy.

Last edited:

alfonzo

25/7/19
alfonzo- Please give yourself a pat on the back. Your mother must be so proud of you.

I know you are not supposed to infer tone in writing but i sense you are being a Dick. I am contributing to the discussion you with your snark are detracting so kindly F-R-O (Fuck Right Off)

Last edited:

alfonzo

25/7/19
Now that is dramatic and compelling! Can you take an after pic in better light maybe a close up of a really bad section? That does not look like a V3 either. Can you confirm? Maybe a close up of the Hour font on the bezel?

Last edited:

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
whatever it fade or not. The white come in v2.2 is not gen like. need to do paint mod.

Last edited:

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
I just received my QC pics last night. Is this gap a problem? I don't know if I am being offer picky or if that shouldn't be there.
watch1a.jpg

watch2a.jpg

watch3a.jpg

I've seen this problem on lots of noob Daytona including the 116520. This is caused by the inaccurate lug whole location. I have the same problem, took the bracelet off and have measured the distance from the case to the hole. One the side with the gap the lug hole is drilled closer to the lug tip.

Last edited:

MichaelB14

Looking Around
8/10/19
I've seen this problem on lots of noob Daytona including the 116520. This is caused by the inaccurate lug whole location. I have the same problem, took the bracelet off and have measured the distance from the case to the hole. One the side with the gap the lug hole is drilled closer to the lug tip.

So I deny this one and try again?

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
So I deny this one and try again?

Tbh looking at your pics again I'm not entirely sure if that's the case for you. I'd accept it. Recess looks fine. You may be able to fix part of the gap with a better springbar. And the gap looks to be on just one side only. You can also try and swap the sels between them and see if the fitment improves.