• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DEALERS RATINGS - The results are in

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Anne-Marie, I wouldn't mind running more of these and working on refining the method. And to do that I'd like to get everyone's input too. I am also aware that whatever is produced will not make everyone happy, especially when the results don't match personal expectations. But believe it or not, these things are not too inaccurate and do paint a fairly good picture. Think of it as an impressionist's painting, where short and thick strokes are used to quickly capture the essence of the subject rather than its details. Responses to this first poll have been mostly positive, so I'm inclined to think that a rating system is worth the time and effort...

My initial intended audience was more the dealer community rather than forum members, and I wonder whether perhaps, at least to start with, results of such polls should be shared only with the dealers themselves. The system I used was designed after all for sellers to assess the strength of their customer base and act on it, and not necessarily for us to assess them.

Anyway, these things are time consuming, and frankly I couldn't be bothered doing anything like this again if once it's up I have to deal with a bunch of time-wasters who type before reading, don't like what the results are saying, fail to see the strengths and weaknesses of the thing, or act as bloody experts on non response bias, sampling techniques, measurement validation or any other "Stats 101" nonsense. In the end, these are always going to be crude instruments, leading to crude results, on a friggen rep watch forum! Still, if there is enough interest I'd be happy to work on a new and more sophisticated poll-based system.

ferrosky

Looking Around
23/2/09
hi rooster, im new in here, im trying to get a rolex replica, but im fell scared because, i serch replicas dealers at the internet and everybody is scam dealers, coud you give me an advise where can i buy a real quality replica, at the real price???

sorry but i have a bad english

im from mexico

saludos desde mexico

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
ferrosky said:
hi rooster, im new in here, im trying to get a rolex replica, but im fell scared because, i serch replicas dealers at the internet and everybody is scam dealers, coud you give me an advise where can i buy a real quality replica, at the real price???

sorry but i have a bad english

im from mexico

saludos desde mexico

...also ferrosky this thread might interest you since you are in Mexico. Mexican customs..Yikes!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40763&p=353628&hilit=mexican+customs#p353628

newtodis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/1/09
Ok, I could use some advice on how to proceed with a failure to communicate. I ordered three watches Fri. night and paid by pay pal (upwards of $900). This dealer ( recommended here ) told me the watches were in-stock and he needed a day to inspect then would give me tracking number. Well its Tues night and after a few e-mail requests I have yet to even get a reply let alone a tracking number, he was told that i wanted them shipped asap due to the fact that they are gifts. Now, I have a tendency to over react( A.D.D) so that's why I won't mention dealer by name---yet. How do you all think I should proceed ?

[smilie=cussing.gif]

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
newtodis said:
Ok, I could use some advice on how to proceed with a failure to communicate. I ordered three watches Fri. night and paid by pay pal (upwards of $900). This dealer ( recommended here ) told me the watches were in-stock and he needed a day to inspect then would give me tracking number. Well its Tues night and after a few e-mail requests I have yet to even get a reply let alone a tracking number, he was told that i wanted them shipped asap due to the fact that they are gifts. Now, I have a tendency to over react( A.D.D) so that's why I won't mention dealer by name---yet. How do you all think I should proceed ?

You wait. Sorry, that's really all you can do. We don't have an anonymous feedback system, and most people have a tendency to post positive reviews as soon as possible, but will wait an eternity before naming a sloppy dealer for fears of getting flamed or burning bridges. This has one important consequence: Dealers can do pretty much whatever they want and usually get away with it. Then they will act surprised when shit hits the fan, but will continue to laugh all the way to the bank. So yeah, just wait...

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
newtodis said:

[smilie=cussing.gif]

I would send 1 email per day until I get a response. If no response is given by the end of the week, post a thread in that dealer's review forum on Monday.

That's what I would do.

newtodis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/1/09
I finally got the tracking numbers, better late than never but I feel there was no need to tell me everything was ready to ship , the take 5 days to get shipping info. Now , lets see what arrives in 5 days? I will post pics.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Just thought I'd share a curiousity with everyone in this thread.

I ran a quick formula using the scores from each of the rounds of the recent dealers tourny (viewtopic.php?f=226&t=51717).

The formula took into consideration (1) each dealer's own score, (2) the degree of difficulty of each adversary for each dealer based on their own performance, and (3) score differences in each of the wins and losses. When you run the formula, something curious happens. You get a complete ranking of the dealers, that reflects how they fared in the tournament, and looks something like this:

• 1. Hont
    2. Watcheden
    3. Timeshop
    4. WBK
    5. River
    6. Precious Time
    7. Watchstation
    8. DSN
    9. Pure Time
    10. Narikaa
    11. T4D
    12. Ruby
    13. Trevor
    14. Silix
    15. Pamfried

Obviously the purpose of running the formula was the same as the tournament, i.e. to just have some fun! But it also allows for some interesting comparisons to my own results that I had posted in this thread. There are clearly some differences and similarities (which may be coincidental or not!). Anyway, that was fun. :lol:

Spiccato

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Man.

Sheesh.

That took a half hour to read all the way through.

:)