• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 984 out?

tridad

5/11/08
Order placed, now the waiting begins. I opted for this model, even if the 985 was available, too similar to the 799 I just got, so I am sticking with the 984.
Where is that 982, I need it now!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Order placed, now the waiting begins. I opted for this model, even if the 985 was available, too similar to the 799 I just got, so I am sticking with the 984.
Where is that 982, I need it now!!!!

It's probably not high on their list of "to rep" watches, seeing as the movement is currently impossible to rep. If they release anything, it will be the same as the PAM615 (remember that watch? :) ).

paulvillo

Renowned Member
6/6/13
It's probably not high on their list of "to rep" watches, seeing as the movement is currently impossible to rep. If they release anything, it will be the same as the PAM615 (remember that watch? :) ).

Coolest 389er iteration of all time imho
Too bad the rep flyback movement never made it to the masses though.

Now, about that 982....

paulvillo

Renowned Member
6/6/13
Why piss on my dreams? You could at least sarcastically wish me luck... lol.

​​​​​​​Yeah, I know when it starts. My TD gave me a reason to be optimistic. Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath.

Would you mind sharing which TD did you use mate?
Really good QC and WhatsApp contact just topped it off for me :)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Coolest 389er iteration of all time imho
Too bad the rep flyback movement never made it to the masses though.

Now, about that 982....

Well technically speaking the flyback movement never existed in the first place. What was released in very limited quantities was the rattrapante movement, and that operated a bit differently from a flyback. Furthermore, the counter on the PAM213 is different from the one on say the PAM615 and now the PAM982 (30 minutes vs 12 hours).

ICYUNV

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/18
Looks like my TD has come through again. The anticipation is real!
Will this be a C&R?
Will it make the NWBIG/SuperRep list?

tridad

5/11/08

Of course I do, and till have it and like it a lot. I would take a 982 with the same movement, don’t really care, maybe you could help source one? (Again)......

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Of course I do, and till have it and like it a lot. I would take a 982 with the same movement, don’t really care, maybe you could help source one? (Again)......

I've asked the local seller and they'll let me know if it comes up but so far none of the new submersibles have appeared yet (not surprising). Maybe it'll pop up as a nice surprise same as the PAM615 I bought from them. :)

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19
Sent money over on Friday. Passed QC on Sunday morning. Watch was posted Sunday evening U.K time. Li Jtime thanks buddy!!!!

tridad

5/11/08
It seems my TD was not able to ship it before the holiday, no tracking yet, and I approved the qc pics last Thursday.
Also, I get an email the next day showing he was having a “special introduction” of this model, and the price was $20 less that what I paid for. I questioned it right away, and asked for a refund of the difference, of course, he told me he will give it to me on the “next order”
Not quite sure there will be a “next order”with him.
Cheers everyone, for those that got them already, enjoy!

Keyblue

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/17
She’s a beaut! What’s your wrist circumference? I love the look but I’m dreading the 47 mm size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wrist is about 7in / 18cm
984 seem to wear smaller than other 47mm models.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Isn‘t ist EcoTitanium?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Oops. sorry bout that. It's titanium, which is still lighter than steel. I'm sure it's not any special type of titanium, just the standard one they use for PAM reps. The factories aren't really concerned with being eco-friendly. :lol:

Reactions: Philip.a.Coin