• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Amazon Noob V9 Submariner

Chazman1946

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/6/12
Arizona

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Last edited:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Snarkey ?

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
Kind of hard to respect the so-called "Experts" when all they have done is act like smug, arrogant jagbags!

If you clowns think I'm shill for Jack Wu, I will gladly provide a link proving exactly who I am!
Some people can be over the top, but I think in essence people were incredulous regarding your claims. This is often not done to harass but to protect the community from making mistakes based on too good to be true claims, similar to the fake AAA Swiss-Replica websites often shared.

In this case the arrogant jagbags were correct.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edit: miss-spelled "jagbags"

Last edited:
Reactions: TESLA760

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Moving forward to keep this on the up and up any pictures of the Amazon noob watch must include a handwritten tag with username and date. That includes those swiss ETA movements

Sent from my Noob v9.5

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Just scanned the first couple of pages of this thread

Sorry to tell you OP, but this watch is from BP, its not Noob.

BP are currently the only maker who will slot in a gen ETA on request, since almost all of their watches are assembled when they are requested. You can pretty much ask for a swiss in many of their watches. their charge for swiss is $60 more than 2836 clone. and the BP smurf OOTB is a $300 to $350 watch

So what you have there is a $400 watch but how much did your amazon seller charge for it?

Also noob arent making a 904l in this watch only 316F.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Ok you snarky clowns......this is who I really am, I have enough balls to post my true identity, now how about you idiots show us all who you really are, or are you as fake as the Rep watches?

https://marines.togetherweserved.com...e=Charles.Ford

Charlie! Seriously, thanks for your service in the marines and kudos for working as a police officer in CookCounty. Were you on the force for both Daley mayors?

Last edited:

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
Just scanned the first couple of pages of this thread

Sorry to tell you OP, but this watch is from BP, its not Noob.

BP are currently the only maker who will slot in a gen ETA on request, since almost all of their watches are assembled when they are requested. You can pretty much ask for a swiss in many of their watches. their charge for swiss is $60 more than 2836 clone. and the BP smurf OOTB is a $300 to $350 watch

So what you have there is a $400 watch but how much did your amazon seller charge for it?

Also noob aren't making a 904l in this watch only 316F.

Thanks for clarifying all this mate.

Nothing against OP, and certainly no loyalty to Noob or any other rep factory, but it was obvious to me from the first post that this watch was not from Noob.

What's likely is that because Noob have the best known name in the rep game, the Amazon seller is simply using it to net would-be rep buyers there
without having to post Rolex branded watches in the listing; Amazon would shut that down pretty smartly!
As there's no copyright or trademark on the Noob name, there's nothing stopping the Amazon seller using it for his marketing purposes - even if you know nothing about rep factories, the name 'Noob' is broadly synonymous with reps.

It wouldn't be the 'rep game' without a little of this trickery; that's exactly why we have RWI, and trusted dealers :)

Listing 'Swiss ETA BP Submariner' wouldn't have the same ring to it.

A few reasons why this watch isn't from Noob:

1) That is not a noob dial.
2) The rehaut laser etching on Noob watches is far sharper, and deeper with better clarity.
3) The rehaut shape on Noob watches is more vertical.
4) You'd be lucky to find nicely recessed SEL fitment like that on a Noob watch; the SEL fitment here is much better than current gen Noob reps.
5) That date wheel overlay is not typical of a Noob rep - Noob have a better font and printing registration on the DWO.

Again OP - nothing against you, or Jack Wu. If you are happy with the watch, I am pleased for you.
I'm glad RepPossessed has clarified the provenance of this watch, though.

Many of us saw the listing on Amazon and wondered what was actually being sold - now we know. You get a BP with a Swiss ETA : )
Thanks OP (you've made an enlightening contribution) and thanks RepPossessed :D

Last edited:

yongsum

Supporter
Certified
3/6/19
so I got to work, run a few errands, maybe a day or so goes by and now we're on page 8 - nooooice and why didn't anyone tell me the movie was still running, bring popcorn ?
anyway since I haven't paid for the entertainment, I want to offer my couple cents worth.

-how about a tennis ball to get the case back off ? I actually thought it prudent to buy a caseback opener for most brands I collect, since I usually don't by new
-comments/people will not always be/appear polite on forums, but best to just take everything very lightly and make the most of time here
-I also received many responsive what's app messages and emails from the folks at bestreplica, swissreplica, etc., but ultimately decided to go with the recommendations of this forum since it is vastly superior to trying to go it alone.
-who is mack lu ?
-thanks to the chazman for his service

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Charlie! Seriously, thanks for your service in the marines and kudos for working as a police officer in CookCounty. Were you on the force for both Daley mayors?

I was on the job from 1968 till 2000 when I retired. Worked under both Mayor Daley's father and son. Old man Daley was AOK, the son a Jerkoff. Best Mayor ever was Jayne Byrne, she was tops!

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
:rofl:
What the hell are you posting that for!!?! What has that got to do with anything? You're older than I thought though.

Some of you clowns have been insinuating I'm a shill, or Jack Wu himself, this proves I'm not either, Capeesh?

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Thanks for clarifying all this mate.

Nothing against OP, and certainly no loyalty to Noob or any other rep factory, but it was obvious to me from the first post that this watch was not from Noob.

What's likely is that because Noob have the best known name in the rep game, the Amazon seller is simply using it to net would-be rep buyers there
without having to post Rolex branded watches in the listing; Amazon would shut that down pretty smartly!
As there's no copyright or trademark on the Noob name, there's nothing stopping the Amazon seller using it for his marketing purposes - even if you know nothing about rep factories, the name 'Noob' is broadly synonymous with reps.

It wouldn't be the 'rep game' without a little of this trickery; that's exactly why we have RWI, and trusted dealers :)

Listing 'Swiss ETA BP Submariner' wouldn't have the same ring to it.

A few reasons why this watch isn't from Noob:

1) That is not a noob dial.
2) The rehaut laser etching on Noob watches is far sharper, and deeper with better clarity.
3) The rehaut shape on Noob watches is more vertical.
4) You'd be lucky to find nicely recessed SEL fitment like that on a Noob watch; the SEL fitment here is much better than current gen Noob reps.
5) That date wheel overlay is not typical of a Noob rep - Noob have a better font and printing registration on the DWO.

Again OP - nothing against you, or Jack Wu. If you are happy with the watch, I am pleased for you.
I'm glad RepPossessed has clarified the provenance of this watch, though.

Many of us saw the listing on Amazon and wondered what was actually being sold - now we know. You get a BP with a Swiss ETA : )
Thanks OP (you've made an enlightening contribution) and thanks RepPossessed :D

Wow, finally a response to me that is measured and points out exactly what is different that makes my watch NOT a Noob.

So I guess with a BP Submariner with nice bracelet and ETA movement, I didn't get ripped off like everyone was telling me.

I can live without the exacting rehaut, I don't plan on taking it to a jeweler to look at it with a loupe, I have one of mine own, and if it is basically undetectable to the human eye without one, so who cares.

Same reason I choose the ETA Movement instead of the 3135 clone, I'm not into fooling others about the movement (and myself) by having a potential 3135 clone time bomb in the case instead of a rock solid ETA movement that can easily be serviced, this was the big selling point for me.

Maybe I did pay too much for it, $600, but with the purchase, through Amazon, I knew I wasn't going to get screwed in any way.

Thanks again for the enlightening post!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I was on the job from 1968 till 2000 when I retired. Worked under both Mayor Daley's father and son. Old man Daley was AOK, the son a Jerkoff. Best Mayor ever was Jayne Byrne, she was tops!

I spent many a summer day at Wrigley and down by the lake. You probably made me pour out my beer. Make sure you get that movement checked. I will still be surprised if it has an ETA movement. The other joker posted pictures of an ETA movement but I’m not convinced that was from the watch he purchased.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Gotta get that freaking caseback open, photographed, with the date and members name on it at 3 or more angles with a decent macro-close up. THAT is the one and only way to prove it is indeed a Genuine Swiss ETA and not a very good clone, a SeaGull copy, or an older refurbished Swiss ETA. Been a Rep Rolex guy for ages. Own to this day almost ALL the Rolex Rep sport watches made. I know what a Swiss ETA is. Or is not. I have had, and have them ALL. I would bet my three balls on it. So unless those pics are posted as suggested above, this thread is nothing but a one ring small town circus with a drunk ringmaster blowing smoke in our faces. POST those goddam pictures ! ............... This is after all RWI !!

Reactions: sinsir

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
Jokes aside I want to thank OP for pics of what Wu is offering. If it was me I would move forward with why you purchased it through Amazon and have him make it right financially, correct product, or return it all together. Honestly my play would be return it, contact BK, and call it a day.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...g-noobfactory-sub-c-black-v9-swiss-eta-2836-2

We've confirmed what we've been thinking, It's not as advertised. I'm still curious what's under the hood as BP has a 9015 and 2836. Either way looking at 300/350ish respectively. The last I knew ETA from china was also a mix match of clone and ETA, true or not I don't know anymore. It makes sense though as they've put so much effort into making clone movements that now function as and are interchangeable with gen parts.

Be thankful for this community guys as the truth always works its way to the surface. So many knowledgeable people on here looking out and to learn from.

Reactions: erekose

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
I spent many a summer day at Wrigley and down by the lake. You probably made me pour out my beer. Make sure you get that movement checked. I will still be surprised if it has an ETA movement. The other joker posted pictures of an ETA movement but I’m not convinced that was from the watch he purchased.

The other guy wrote in English too well to have been Jack Wu, every text back and forth with Jack showed butchered English.

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
Jokes aside I want to thank OP for pics of what Wu is offering. If it was me I would move forward with why you purchased it through Amazon and have him make it right financially, correct product, or return it all together. Honestly my play would be return it, contact BK, and call it a day.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...iss-eta-2836-2

We've confirmed what we've been thinking, It's not as advertised. I'm still curious what's under the hood as BP has a 9015 and 2836. Either way looking at 300/350ish respectively. The last I knew ETA from china was also a mix match of clone and ETA, true or not I don't know anymore. It makes sense though as they've put so much effort into making clone movements that now function as and are interchangeable with gen parts.

Be thankful for this community guys as the truth always works its way to the surface. So many knowledgeable people on here looking out and to learn from.

That is a point...
At the end of the day OP has paid BK money for a BP.
Again, that's okay if you're happy with what you received OP - I like BP reps - but a BK is a pretty special watch.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/bk-s-repertorium
With this TD, things like the Swiss and 904L claims are verified (and not just 'stated' as is so often the case with non-TD reps).
BK also tidies up the crystal height, cyclops and date wheel overlay positioning, and bezel fitment, making for an even more cohesive package.

PS: I notice Jack Wu also sells 'Noob' branded TV and monitor stands on his Amazon shopfront : )

Last edited:
Reactions: RepPossessed

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
A whole lot of nonsense baloney Jack Wu bullshit going on here. "Jack Wu" my ass.......yeah right, pssst, [spit on the side]. ...like I said above, pictures or all this shit is baloney. SHOW ME !! ...psssst !