• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob factory got raided by police?

yongsum

Supporter
Certified
3/6/19
I have been following this blog for the past few days, and let me add my insight to the NoobV8 by a man named Jack Wu, who is selling these knockoffs on Amazon as a Real Noob Mariner Factory premiere seller. The watch I purchased for 700 USD is a 904L stainless steel version with the updated ETA 2836 movement and Improvements from the V7 regarding the movement bezel finish and ceramic inlay. First, the watch came in a box with papers that looked good compared to the real version, which I also own several Rolex subs and they did a good job mimicking the look. Next, the watch itself; which is finished very nicely and has the right weight and feel, however, the movement is noisy and the rotor sounded loose inside. Suspiciousness got the best of me and , therefore, I took this watch to a Rolex authorized dealer and we removed the back cover to discover an Asian clone ETA movement. Mr Jack Wu claimed he built this watch himself at Noob factory and assured me its real ETA. The real ETA 2836 is used in my Rado diastar and Grovano sub and neither make this rotor noise when shaken. Next, When I mentioned my findings he rejected them as a lie and stuck to his claim of ETA authenticity. We went back and forth on this and got nowhere, he still tried to get me to pay 400 USD on this product. I disputed the purchase with Chase as counterfeit and it was refunded. The watch was surrendered to the Rolex rep to be sent in as evidence. Amazon is liable for millions of dollars for every counterfeit watch that they knowingly peddle and facilitate on their site, in America this is strictly enforced if Rolex chooses to litigate. I am providing pics of the watch for your own curiosity. Whereas, many positive remarks, feedbacks and opinions about This watch on Amazon are rendered by naive buyers who have never owned a real Rolex submariner. I’ve owned several since the 80s,90s and Millennium era. This 700 USD watch is about 50 bucks worth of raw materials and labor. In China I would have paid 10 cents on the asking dollar for it. Amazon is dirty and knowingly allows this guy to pawn of his counterfeits. It is all fruit from the poison tree. How does Amazon know this? It’s been reported to them several times and they allow his products to remain. Maybe Mr. Bezos is in on it himself. In closing, save up and get a real sub on the grey market from Jomas or a pawn shop. Genuine subs can be had for $4- 4500.00 in great condition but the lure of easy money gets us every time and we feed the addiction of this industry. Rolex created this mess with their abusive pricing for a watch that’s worth 500.00 in steel, nickel, crystal and brass. Rolex subs were 1500USD new in 1990 when I was in Switzerland at Buchurer and they raise them $200.00 per year, every year to where they are now which is just stupid money for what it is. Anyways, that’s my experience.

yes appreciate the opinion, but it's not relevant and a rebuttal can easily be offered on most points.

waiting for noob and arf to get going. (and jf according to watchfinder).......................

Scg8866t

Horology Curious
20/6/19
yes appreciate the opinion, but it's not relevant and a rebuttal can easily be offered on most points.

waiting for noob and arf to get going. (and jf according to watchfinder).......................

Is ARF also affected? Dont think so right?

Vache

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/6/19
Hmmm, I'm wondering if JF also has a problem.....
Im waiting on a JF sub 114060 and things are slower than usual according to TD, so most likely all of them.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
You have a masters degree in criminal justice.... yet you openly buy Rep/Fake watches... How does that conversation go down when someone comments on your watch?

I am late to the party, but one of our long time members here and over on Repgeek is a US Secret Service agent. He only bought Pams. I haven't seen him posting in years, but back in 2008 through 2010 or 2011 he was really active. He routinely shared stories about jobs and stuff. Like many of us, he preferred to wear a rep when doing stuff where he knew it was going to be beaten up. There are a ton of other law enforcement officers here on the boards, as well. In fact, one of the Rolex section mods and sub gurus is a retired NYPD detective.

Last edited:

spotcom

Finger Lickin’ Good
Supporter
Certified
15/6/19
USA
Yes, Noob, ARF and JF are all effected.

I do not believe that to be the truth. I ordered an ARF Datejust mid-June. It was QC'd, shipped and received within 7 business days. I was told that GMF, BP and ARF are all operating normally.

Reactions: freediver

Scg8866t

Horology Curious
20/6/19
I do not believe that to be the truth. I ordered an ARF Datejust mid-June. It was QC'd, shipped and received within 7 business days. I was told that GMF, BP and ARF are all operating normally.

You are right, i ordered an arf hulk 3135 two days ago, just got the QC yesterday and today they have mailed it out. ARF is fine no issue.

Reactions: Hazing

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
My VRF max hulk went through fine... and one of my friends on the forum here has had 4 ARF Sea Dwellers QC'd.... so no supply issue from ARF from what I've heard.

China's a pretty big place... so chances are noob operate in a jurisdiction where the police and authorities are interested in stopping counterfeit, perhaps they are too infamous and that's why they are the ones being targeted. My other thought on the matter is that they're not even shut down... they're just taking a break. Holiday... or getting new equipment made/fitted and therefore they take a break. Who knows, all we know is they're away at the moment...

Last edited:

Vache

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/6/19
What would you guys do if your order was with an “affected” factory?

Wait, pick a different model/factory, refund so on and so forth. Would like to hear your point of view.

Ill be waiting for mine, but would be open to choose something else.

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

Wait, pick a different model/factory, refund so on and so forth. Would like to hear your point of view.

Ill be waiting for mine, but would be open to choose something else.

Well truly it depends on a few variables:
  1. Are you happy to wait? If so, carry on.
  2. Is that particular model the best one? If so, I would say be patient is probably the best option.
  3. If you ask for a refund, is it a 100% refund?

Vache

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/6/19
Well truly it depends on a few variables:
  1. Are you happy to wait? If so, carry on.
  2. Is that particular model the best one? If so, I would say be patient is probably the best option.
  3. If you ask for a refund, is it a 100% refund?

Thanks Sono,

In my case I'm happy to wait. I'm waiting on a 114060 and imho, JF does a good job on those. The other option for this specific model would be noob, but they are also laying low.
Just curious too see what our fellow members have to say about it and what the parameters and expectations are.

Reactions: soni04al

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

I'll be waiting for mine, but would be open to choose something else.

I'm waiting on a Noob 116500, ill wait to, no point in buying something else i didn't want in the first place :)