• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

dxvidvg

Horology Curious
29/6/18
I’ve accepted my watch! Will post pictures when it arrives— how long does this take? Will it arrive in less than 2 weeks? Btw im shipping ems to the uk. Thanks so much guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bero182 and Leow96

Bero182

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/18
Dude I think more eyes on a watch are better.
i replyed on other members QC pictures and I think forum is for this.

Because of our communicaton we know the flaws , we know how to spot something on the watch, we are forum "friends". And I think that everyone should be welcome to help other people on forum if they have time to see and comment on other pictures.

If not just dont reply...

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17

Because of our communicaton we know the flaws , we know how to spot something on the watch, we are forum "friends". And I think that everyone should be welcome to help other people on forum if they have time to see and comment on other pictures.

I think the point is to ask about concerns about specific flaws and perceived issues requesting confirmation. That way threads stay current. "Markers and pearl centered" v1 vs v2 are basic concerns, not specific to the factory or model.

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18

It is also against forum rules and strictly forbidden. QC is for your eyes only, not to share with the forum to nitpick every detail on a watch. If you have a SPECIFIC concern about something, forum rules allow you to ask opinions on that specific thing. Could you imagine everyone posting their QC? You’d get 50 opinions, all of them pointing out some minute ‘flaw’ that you’re never going to notice. Dealers would never sell a single watch.

If you can’t see anything wrong, accept. If you don’t see it in QC, you won’t see it on the wrist.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

i know xj4sonx is on this thread too and I wouldn't tickle him the wrong way with advocating something against the forum rule. Especially from someone with 15 posts..

Let's pretend we didn't read you

Reactions: Soxxgo2

Bero182

1/12/18
Ok, i saw that the ppl are posting QC without any problem...

Sorry for asking...

dashing

Dashing Around
20/5/18
Metroville
There is sufficient images on this thread for everyone to make a decision whether their QC shows a V1 or V2.
In fact, the post by Radec on page 44 is a very good example of a V2. It shows enough information for anyone to determine if the one they're getting is a V2.

Now, as to asking the community whether a marker or the pearl is aligned in your QC -- I feel that if you can't tell in the QC image, then it is good enough to GL it. After all, who would be staring at your watch with a loupe IRL? You'd have to be bragging about it being gen in the first place to attract such attention, and I think even then it is hard to get called out with a slightly misaligned marker.

Bero182

1/12/18
I see that mine is V2, also I do see that all markers are aligned.

Pearl seems to be in center.

​​​​​​Also, its hard to tell gen from rep if you dont have them side by side.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Anyone can post some daylight pics of the v2? Im on the fence, but afraid the lume is too white...

Paruwkorz

Looking Around
28/4/19
EU
anybody can post a side by side photo?
I have a zf bb58 for couple of days and I'm not sure if dial has correct color - it doesn't look dark enough
also the gold markings are kind of muted if not viewed in direct light

uszilard

7/8/18
Berlin, Germany
Anyone can post some daylight pics of the v2? Im on the fence, but afraid the lume is too white...

Hello to all, I dont want to sound ofensive to anyone, but guys come on that pearl in day light when you in the office or driving your car or whatever you do you dont even see it, who stares at the pearl of the watch ? :| you look at the time and of you go, i mean I own the gen but I never look at the pearl, and one more thing NO ONE WILL NOTICE IT , stop stressing yourself about it :)) take the watch if all in all it looks good v2 matched lume, shorter tube, pearl in the right spot and just enjoy it! At the end of the day its still a REP dont expect perfection.

Now you all have a nice weekend end enjoy, life is to short to sit in your room looking at QC pics of the pearl, and yes I also bought rep watches so stay calm.

Last edited: