• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is JF doing?

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Here is my JF from about 18 months ago on the left beside Tompa’s, quite the difference in thickness.
4g4xzs.jpg

Thanks mate!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Im 99% sure its a JF bro. But its the same story with my JF safari. Its ALLOT thinner then this new rc

OP, you now owe me an apology for publicly disagreeing with me :) Just put that Noob in the post for me, and that will settle the issue.

On a separate note, I agree with legend that Noob has it’s benefits, especially the case geometry. Plus it should be a truly limited edition as I believe Noob made only 250 of these on special order by Toro.

Enjoy yours anyways

Reactions: legend and QueTip

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Im so sorry brother! ☺️
Yes i realy like that one so for me its no problem. But i was so sure because my JF rubberstrap fits realy Good. And on my noob blacktheme the JF rubber wont fit at all.. so thats why i was so sure. And offcourse that the seller told me it was JF so i trusted him. But it was wrong... :/ sorry mate!

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
Tompa what legend said...

Get a modder to shave down the caseback. You can get 1mm+ off the caseback but you will have to use a different rotor.

Hard to capture on pic but you will notice the big difference when wearing the watch

Shaved panda on the right next to stock navy :

VPDv4r.jpg

Shaved bee caseback even thinner than panda - shaved more than 1mm

VPDIPI.jpg

Will be selling the panda soon tho, gets 0 wrist time unfortunately...

VPDCKo.jpg

Reactions: legend and Tompa

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Here is my JF from about 18 months ago on the left beside Tompa’s, quite the difference in thickness.
4g4xzs.jpg

Bro is your a V2? With ”real” cyklop? Maybe they done the case little bigger so the movement sit little lower in the case so they get more ”gen” feeling in the dw hole/cyklop..? I dont know why they have done somthing like this. My safari is not this big. But its no cyklop in that either.. so i dont know.. just a thought

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Tompa what legend said...

Get a modder to shave down the caseback. You can get 1mm+ off the caseback but you will have to use a different rotor.

Hard to capture on pic but you will notice the big difference when wearing the watch

Shaved panda on the right next to stock navy :

VPDv4r.jpg

Shaved bee caseback even thinner than panda - shaved more than 1mm

VPDIPI.jpg

Will be selling the panda soon tho, gets 0 wrist time unfortunately...

VPDCKo.jpg

Wow looks good man. Realy want that. Yes i agree its all about the feeling. Not so mutch geting ”gen” like..not for me. But this one sits on top of the wrist not ”on” your wrist.. 16mm is maybe not so mutch but when the caseback is 2-3mm thick is not a good feeling wearing the watch..
if some of you have a V2 ROO pleas put up a foto of your caseback. Im just curius..

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
@legend
Are you doing casework as well?

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Thanks brother. I check with him????

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Xartan is correct: I am currently clearing out my backlog and I am not accepting new orders again until after 1 July. I think most all modders are backlogged at this point.

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Bro is your a V2? With ”real” cyklop? Maybe they done the case little bigger so the movement sit little lower in the case so they get more ”gen” feeling in the dw hole/cyklop..? I dont know why they have done somthing like this. My safari is not this big. But its no cyklop in that either.. so i dont know.. just a thought

Mine did not have the updated cyclops, so V1.
I’m guessing JF is just putting decorated movements in all their ROO’s now rather than using undecorated for their closed caseback models.

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
My Classic JF white safari(close caseback) and the watch is 15,4 mm thick
d0a93e3e0bb5e7b765bd98ba9435f329.jpg

And here you got it.. latest JF rubberclad V2, 16mm Thick(Close caseback)
c62ad0304595fc86001d0e159f98d9d1.jpg

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I tried to put on the safari caseback on the rubberclad and it works fin. And by doing that i came down to 15,4mm thick rubberclad. So i dont understand why they are doing the caseback so thick..

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Safari)
47f1d64c113c71ea6c0b5be62aa9332d.jpg

Rubberclad)

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
36e6cd047e8e8b09405df8078ebda5f1.jpg

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Thanks for your effort. Good thing is bringing it to a decent height shouldn’t be too much of an issue then.

Reactions: Tompa

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
Did you shave just the caseback? it took me 1 year to shave besel, tachy and caseback to get at 15mm...

Mine got down to 14.8mm, I think gen is 15mm on bee

I heard it takes ages if you do this work by hand - also inaccurate.

Domi uses this machine here, took him about 5 min for the tachy shave and caseback :

VPNIBU.jpg

VPNzqh.jpg

Heres the result on bee, basically fresh out of plastic surgery - Shaved tachy, shaved caseback, new DW & cyclop :

VPNyeD.jpg