• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
897a83f2eaef524815b9fe760dc33aff.jpg

2824 from arf date number thin on submariner...why they didnt made it on first with datejust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for snapping my post ;)

As I had said before, there are a few variations of the date wheel they use. It just depends which ones they use when they assemble the watches

Bobi01

2/2/19
Haha i saw after i posted picture stufuse

Bobi01

2/2/19
You have that sub? How long do you have it and are you satisfied with it? Im looking green model

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I flipped that one in the end, see the pearl was off and 35 insert marker engraving was touching the edge of the insert.

I flipped another two and ended up with the one I have now which is modded with prof xtal and Gen DW

See the nicely aligned pearl and uniform insert engravings

8ec1d195bc4a6c02927a360795e2f73a.jpg

Bobi01

2/2/19
Very nice watch,i like hulk it looks very premium and luxury

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
It's finally here and its somewhat better than what i expected, especially the date wheel. I will be going over the pro's and con's of the looks of this watch in comparison to the gen.
Finally managed to take some pictures and have time to upload them here for you all to see, if this doesn't sway you to purchase this watch then i don't know what will!
I am waiting eagerly for the Jubilee bracelet as that is what this watch is missing, the Oyster is great but this watch was made for that Jubilee bracelet.

Pros:
- Overall fit and finish is brilliant
- The brushing on the bracelet is super smooth, fine and soft.
- The indices have a gen look and finish with the chamfered edges to match.
- 904L feels solid and the weight is perfectly balanced on the wrist.
- The dial has the gen like finish with the dial turning either into a royal blue or a sunburst teal blue depending on lighting.
- The SEL is arguably the best i've seen on a rep, it's solid and flush against the casing.(maybe subject to QC)
- Gen like date wheel flip, instantly changes at midnight which is great.
- Rehaut engravings are clear and deep enough to notice.
- Clasp opens and closes smoothly and the 5mm adjustment link works like a charm.
- The fluted bezel reflects light like a shimmering disco ball just like the gen.
- Crown screws in and out great and the winding feels sturdy with resistance, not too tough or easy to wind, just balanced well.

Cons:
- The lume is not so bright, it's okay but not the best. It always appears brighter in photos but in person it is average, the REF version has better lume brightness.
- The cyclopsl magnification seems to slightly over magnify the date window and wheel making the edge of the window slightly warped. Magnification not quite gen like.
- The Laser Etched Coronet is there but it is extremely difficult to make out with the naked eye, even difficult with a camera in a macro shot.
- The dial text is not as bold nor thick as the gen. The gen has a much thicker font on the dial especially where it says ROLEX at the top.
- Date wheel text is slightly larger that what it should be, if it was a bit smaller it would have been perfect, changing the crystal could help with this as the cyclops magnification is slightly off.

Fireblt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/19
I've never liked the bezel purely as a design, but it's a beautiful rep nonetheless

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Razorig2

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Amazing review! Bravo. I think you hit the nail on the heads with all of your points — other than maybe the lume, as I think mine was equally as good as what I had with the REF (but we’re just nitpicking at this point).

Otherwise, I fully agree with your review and wholeheartedly endorse it.

Congrats on the watch again, bro. It looks stunning and I hope you wear it in good health.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Some Lovely shots there, agree with your the date font, it’s fine. would like to see some pics of the Double digits, but a Gen xtal on that would be sufficient.

Could it be possible things like dial text font being different to Gen is down to Different Gen dial iterations? Need to compare the rep dial to the correct year Gen dial. Or are there not many Gen iterations the DJ41 Dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
stufuse

Will post double digits at a later stage, maybe I'll save them for some nice outdoor shots when the sun is out. In terms of the dial text being different based on different versions, is not so much the case. The gens I've seen from 2016 to now all have a similar thick bold pure white finish to the text on the dial. This is very noticeable and bold on the word Rolex at the top of the dial which is substantially thicker than the surrounding text. On the ARF the font is a lot thinner, making the text look less prominent and it matches the surrounding text thickness.
The only difference within the gens are the date wheel text thickness as that does vary from year to year, some are very thin some are thick.

Dannycany

12/7/17
It's finally here and its somewhat better than what i expected, especially the date wheel. I will be going over the pro's and con's of the looks of this watch in comparison to the gen.
Finally managed to take some pictures and have time to upload them here for you all to see, if this doesn't sway you to purchase this watch then i don't know what will!
I am waiting eagerly for the Jubilee bracelet as that is what this watch is missing, the Oyster is great but this watch was made for that Jubilee bracelet.

Pros:
- Overall fit and finish is brilliant
- The brushing on the bracelet is super smooth, fine and soft.
- The indices have a gen look and finish with the chamfered edges to match.
- 904L feels solid and the weight is perfectly balanced on the wrist.
- The dial has the gen like finish with the dial turning either into a royal blue or a sunburst teal blue depending on lighting.
- The SEL is arguably the best i've seen on a rep, it's solid and flush against the casing.(maybe subject to QC)
- Gen like date wheel flip, instantly changes at midnight which is great.
- Rehaut engravings are clear and deep enough to notice.
- Clasp opens and closes smoothly and the 5mm adjustment link works like a charm.
- The fluted bezel reflects light like a shimmering disco ball just like the gen.
- Crown screws in and out great and the winding feels sturdy with resistance, not too tough or easy to wind, just balanced well.

Cons:
- The lume is not so bright, it's okay but not the best. It always appears brighter in photos but in person it is average, the REF version has better lume brightness.
- The cyclopsl magnification seems to slightly over magnify the date window and wheel making the edge of the window slightly warped. Magnification not quite gen like.
- The Laser Etched Coronet is there but it is extremely difficult to make out with the naked eye, even difficult with a camera in a macro shot.
- The dial text is not as bold nor thick as the gen. The gen has a much thicker font on the dial especially where it says ROLEX at the top.
- Date wheel text is slightly larger that what it should be, if it was a bit smaller it would have been perfect, changing the crystal could help with this as the cyclops magnification is slightly off.

Thanks for everyone’s comments on here! Ive found it very useful. I’ve just purchased my first rep (blue dial datejust )and I’m excited to receive it! I’ll add some pics when it arrives!
Does anyone have any tips for some add-ons that may be beneficial?

Sent from the RWI App

kudos

18/2/14
Looking very good, I want to get the SS blue dial version on the jubilee so I can compare with my gen TT

Reactions: Jenki1222

styleless

2/4/19
Is this watch also available in 36mm? (for my wife)

I know there is a 36mm version from arf, but she doesn't like the small roman numerals on the dial.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanAL

styleless

2/4/19
Yeah i saw that one, but that one has the roman numerals under the sticks. And she dont want that

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
That’s how the 6 digit 36mm are.