• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Hi All

Would you all say this is a V2 Noob?

It depends on what you think a "V2" is... Most TDs started listing this 116500 Noob as a V2 last August when it went from a 316L case to a 904L.

Anyway, here's what your dial looks like between a gen and an ARF...

Reactions: vcappp

kopite81

2/12/18
It depends on what you think a "V2" is... Most TDs started listing this 116500 Noob as a V2 last August when it went from a 316L case to a 904L.

Thanks for this mate - Have to say im impressed with the watch - Im even debating wether or not a change of dial and bezel is actually needed.

I will be changing the clasp though for sure!!

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
Just approved this!! Super pumped. Approved a new ARF Dial a couple days ago so that will be going on this bad boy.

V6yfcI.jpg

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore

Still looks like ARF dial is better to me. And the bezel engravings on the ARF are also better from the pics I see.

Reactions: ssouthall6

Desertwanderer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/19
Can I ask peoples thoughts on this please. I think the 9 marker is slightly off but i can live with that given how small it will be on the wrist. The R's in Units per hour are bugging me but thats the same for everyone i know..... However im concerned about the Bezel alignment, there seems to be quite a gap from some angles? Ive checked other pics on this thread and others seem to have the same issue but not many appear to be complaining about it so maybe its not noticeable or even an issue 'in the metal''. Any thoughts? Maybe its just more noticeable on the black dial.
V6Qi5Z.md.jpg
V6QTfR.md.jpg

Last edited:

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Can I ask peoples thoughts on this please. I think the 9 marker is slightly off but i can live with that given how small it will be on the wrist. The R's in Units per hour are bugging me but thats the same for everyone i know..... However im concerned about the Bezel alignment, there seems to be quite a gap from some angles?

9 marker kinda looks okay, but any other details are just too hard to see on such a small picture...
Too bad, I would like to see more Black ones.
V6CTBU.jpg

Last edited:

Desertwanderer

13/2/19
Thanks for the response M Scott
Im just hitting the image upload.... if you can advise how i can get a bigger image on here i will happily do it. When i try to attach a file using the paperclip it says they are too big.... what to do.

RepHoro

12/9/18
Georgia
Closeup of the dial overall looks acceptable. The dial
is centered. The bezel engraving has the same tint as the dial vs white and I am not sure if this is the way it’s supposed
to be. But so far so good.

V6UwVK.jpg

No the issue. Look at the small gap between where the
SEL buts up against the case. I can see it on the wrist
V6UGkL.jpg

Here there is a very slender gap between the SEL and the lugs. This little gap allows the SEL to wiggle up and Dow ever so slightly.
V6UxLo.jpg

Call me overly picky - but to me this was a reject - esp at $700

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Still looks like ARF dial is better to me. And the bezel engravings on the ARF are also better from the pics I see.

It is, by some distance. My second ARF dial is due any day bezel already here waiting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lolo1972sg

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16

Agreed. The ARF dial and bezel will notch it up a bit though it’s already pretty good looking as stock. However, that R in UNITS PER HOUR on the noob bezel is ugly af.

Reactions: lolo1972sg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Can I ask peoples thoughts on this please. I think the 9 marker is slightly off but i can live with that given how small it will be on the wrist. The R's in Units per hour are bugging me but thats the same for everyone i know..... However im concerned about the Bezel alignment, there seems to be quite a gap from some angles? Ive checked other pics on this thread and others seem to have the same issue but not many appear to be complaining about it so maybe its not noticeable or even an issue 'in the metal''. Any thoughts? Maybe its just more noticeable on the black dial.
V6Qi5Z.md.jpg
V6QTfR.md.jpg

It looks good to me - I had a 9 o'clock marker a little off on an Ice Blue but I took it anyway and haven't even noticed it on the wrist or thought about it again til now. Your bezel is fine too, it's probably not off at all, if any and you'll forget about it soon enough. It's a great looking watch.

Desertwanderer

13/2/19
Many thanks for the response.

Ive realised im being a dufus and what ive seen as a gap isnt a gap at all, its the reflection of the indices on the inside of the bezel... doh! The angle of the shots must just pick them up more on one side than the others. Im looking that closely im seeing things that arent even there.