• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

mujidominic

Renowned Member
28/8/15
My dealer was kind enough to give me these pictures:

VDXJMs.jpg

VDXyqp.jpg

can anyone confirm if these are indeed the 904L v2 with improved subdials?

Reactions: grafixen

thescorpiusgroup

13/11/15
Truthfully at this point I feel like we're all splitting hairs regarding the thickness of the subdials.

As others have said, this watch, movement and craftsmanship are all extraordinary and revolutionary in the rep world, and I will be a happy owner of this Noob Daytona no matter the subdial thickness.

Now mujidominic , can you ask your dealer to measure the subdial thickness? If so, you can then compare with someone who has the original batch to determine any differences.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I agree the subdial fixation is pretty irrelevant. There have been gens with thick Subdials, I highlighted that above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: thescorpiusgroup

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
Having owned the black V1 I have to say that the sub dials were too fat. And it was noticeable. I spend a lot of time in the jewelry district of London and spend long periods of time looking in the window at what is supposed to be the genuine article :)

I think what a lot of people confuse here with these watches is that older versions of the stainless steel Daytona had very thin sub dials and they see the sub dials from the 2017 and 2018 watches and think they are too fat.

To be clear the V1 was too fat. But the V2 appears to be fixed. What I find amazing about this watch I currently have the V2 white gold with grey dial noob is the smoothness and accuracy of the movement.

I have never had a rep that has a complication such as a cronograph that can keep accurate time and maintain a reasonably long power reserve. This incredible SA4130 movement they have put together is a new frontier in replica watches.

Rolex have been living hi on the hog from the profits they've been making by manipulating the stainless steel Daytona market since the zenith. As with the sub- mariner market I believe this watch is seriously going to disrupt the secondary Daytona market which is a good thing. Because paying three times retail as well as all the snobbery in authorised dealers around this type of watch has been going on for way too long.

My "white gold" version with the oyster flex strap is completely indistinguishable from the original I challenge anybody I've put them side-by-side and it is spot-on. If this is anywhere near as good and it looks like it is the secondary market in Daytona's is finally going to get hit. And we are all going to get a decent replica that might just might be somewhere in the same ballpark reliability wise as the original.

Now that these manufacturers have worked out 904L steel and they seem to be focusing on closely replicating the movement instead of banging in some old crap. These really are super reps for Seiko money.

rolexlover101

Known Member
29/12/18
When you guys saying "buy the ARF bezel" you guys meant buying the "ARF ceramic insert"
or does the "bezel" automatically comes with the insert?

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
This is so awesome. All the knowledge and analyzis you guys put into to this. I’ve read all the comments in this thread and I’ve decided to get a white noob daytona V2. The only problem is I want an Omeaga LMPO as well lol. I’ll probably end up buying both of them.

GrizzlyBear

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
16/3/18
Still waiting for these to come in stock :-(
​​​​

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
The Black Noob 116500 Dial has been updated to a V2 version and it looks much better.
Some of the Dealers have also listed an updated "V2" version of the Noob 116500 White Dial with new pictures.

This is a link to the "Updated Dial" White 116500 Noob with many pictures...
https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5412...on-white-dial-on-904l-ss-bracelet-sa4130.html

This is a link to the old V1 White 116500 Noob with most of the same pictures...
https://www.intime04.co/rollie/4637...edition-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-sa4130.html

This is a link to the current ARF V2 White 116500, also with most of the same pictures...
https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5255...nd-bracelet-white-dial-a4130-super-clone.html

Sorry, but I still just don't see any significant difference between the White Noob V1 and the"Updated V2" Dials.

Here are a few detailed pictures from the links above to compare the old White V1 dial with the new, "Updated White V2 Dial"...
VVZgL6.jpg

VVZSk0.jpg

Here are a few detailed pictures from the links above to compare the ARF White V2 dial with the new, "Updated White Noob V2 Dial"...

I'm afraid those that thought these "Updated Dials" would look more like the ARF's thinner sub-dials are going to be disappointed.
VVZhDF.jpg

VVZOLo.jpg

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
The Black Noob 116500 Dial has been updated to a V2 version and it looks much better.
Some of the Dealers have also listed an updated "V2" version of the Noob 116500 White Dial with new pictures.

This is a link to the "Updated Dial" White 116500 Noob with many pictures...
https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5412-...et-sa4130.html

This is a link to the old V1 White 116500 Noob with most of the same pictures...
https://www.intime04.co/rollie/4637-...et-sa4130.html

This is a link to the current ARF V2 White 116500, also with most of the same pictures...
https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5255-...per-clone.html

Sorry, but I still just don't see any significant difference between the White Noob V1 and the"Updated V2" Dials.

Here are a few detailed pictures from the links above to compare the old White V1 dial with the new, "Updated White V2 Dial"...
VVZgL6.jpg

VVZSk0.jpg

Here are a few detailed pictures from the links above to compare the ARF White V2 dial with the new, "Updated White Noob V2 Dial"...

I'm afraid those that thought these "Updated Dials" would look more like the ARF's thinner sub-dials are going to be disappointed.
VVZhDF.jpg

VVZOLo.jpg

I've highlighted the differences in post 183 using QC's where possible, rather than dealer pics which can be out of date.

The reason you can't see a difference is because the V2 dial you've posted is a V1.