• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Picked this up recently @ USD $10,500. A steal I would say given the current daytona prices now.

If this is brand new, then it is a good price. ADs are offering on two tones up to 30% discount, they are happy if they find a buyer. All Daytonas loose money, not the SS 116500 and 116520. These 4 watches are in investment.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: jcher and MrBeasy

Rathfus

Horology Curious
18/1/19
Are there any Trusted Dealers who also have access to a replica Oysterflex strap with the clasp?
I occasionally notice the replica strap for sale on the websites but without any clasp.
I was wondering if there is a TD I should speak to regarding ordering the Noob V2 116500 as well as a replica oysterflex and clasp to be shipped all at the same time.

Rolo87

Looking Around
3/12/18
Very close to buying the noob, but whats the general consensus on the movement reliability and servicing? I read that it is one of the best clones to come out of China, but what about when it requires a service, will it only take gen parts?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: jakekrait

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
Very close to buying the noob, but whats the general consensus on the movement reliability and servicing? I read that it is one of the best clones to come out of China, but what about when it requires a service, will it only take gen parts?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

You need to read more, 82 pages of knowledge so far in this thread alone. I'll keep my spoon in the drawer...

Reactions: SuperLory

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Sorry for this question but I have received an "ARF" 116500 white dial but the sub-dials still look rather thick. Could someone confirm that it is indeed an ARF dial?
Thanks !
tG8Jg.jpg

Last edited:

grandphuba

8/4/18
Coincidentally, I think I received a Noob with subdials thinner than usual (albeit the bezel was a bit crooked)

Reactions: vcappp

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Sorry for this question but I have received an "ARF" 116500 white dial but the sub-dials still look rather thick. Could someone confirm that it is indeed an ARF dial?
Thanks !
tG8Jg.jpg

Did you buy this from a TD? What do the chronos do when pressed?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
You can somewhat validate this by trying to fit in a noob/gen watch. If it fits without modification, then it's definitely not an ARF

It's 28,6 mm so definitely a NOOB's dial

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Did you buy this from a TD? What do the chronos do when pressed?

I bought a NOOB 4130 - 116500 with working chrono from my TD and also ordered an ARF dial as I wanted to do the dial mods. Unfortunately, it seems that they sent me a NOOB's dial instead

grandphuba

8/4/18
I bought a NOOB 4130 - 116500 with working chrono from my TD and also ordered an ARF dial as I wanted to do the dial mods. Unfortunately, it seems that they sent me a NOOB's dial instead

Which TD sold you the "ARF" dial? Didn't know they still sell parts these days, much more the dial.

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15

Ahh ok sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you had taken it out of the watch. I assume no QC was given on the part, I know some don’t like to do this

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Ahh ok sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you had taken it out of the watch. I assume no QC was given on the part, I know some don’t like to do this

Precisely, so when I first received the dial I was very surprise by the similarities with the NOOB's dial only to realize that they are indeed the same

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Precisely, so when I first received the dial I was very surprise by the similarities with the NOOB's dial only to realize that they are indeed the same

Which TD was it tho?

Rolly123

17/11/18
I think I know the answer to this but wanted to check... From my understanding, if you purchase the new noob v2 116519 you can't put a noob SS bracelet on it (even though apparently the end link is removable unlike gen) even if it was sourced from say a 116500 noob v2 donor.

Similarly it doesn't work the other way round using a noob 116500 as the base with the 116519's end links and oysterflex?