• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It's not the bracelet go in the v9 thread they are even models with bracelet over the SEL (not even flush) because noob is to dumb to put the holes in the right distance.

Sometimes it's just unbelievable.

mayhemag

I'm Pretty Popular
29/6/17
Thank you guys but I talk only about the case because I build a franken with new ARF 3135 (LN)

insert by spongebob
dial/hands by noob v9
gen crystal
gen dw

The only tell is a case? I hope is not so much evident

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
It's not the bracelet go in the v9 thread they are even models with bracelet over the SEL (not even flush) because noob is to dumb to put the holes in the right distance.

Sometimes it's just unbelievable.

I did a whole thread on this about the SELS. I’ve Measured both noob and ARF bracelets. Holes are in line...its why you can swap them and there is little issues.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...b-v9-flush-fix

because qaulity control from Chinese makers..the top side of the SELs had more material, hence making it flush or close to. YOu can put an ARF bracelet on noob and it may work, may not to help SELs. It was a hit or miss on fixing the SELs because “both” makers qaulity and tolerance are inconsistent. I had stated that as I had 2 ARF bracelets, and remember my Noob is already gen looking. You have to go back to the V9 thread as a major problem with the V9 was...there were a lot of people not getting v9s but really getting v8. Dealers were selling v8s as V9 to get rid of inventory and they wanted to not miss the V9 “hot” opportunity sale as the V9 had sold out and had week/months wait. There were only two dealers at that time who had sold real v9s, hence there were some people here who do not have v9.

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I did a whole thread on this about the SELS. I’ve Measured both noob and ARF bracelets. Holes are in line...its why you can swap them and there is little issues.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...b-v9-flush-fix

because qaulity control from Chinese makers..the top side of the SELs had more material, hence making it flush or close to. YOu can put an ARF bracelet on noob and it may work, may not to help SELs. It was a hit or miss on fixing the SELs because “both” makers qaulity and tolerance are inconsistent. I had stated that as I had 2 ARF bracelets, and remember my Noob is already gen looking. You have to go back to the V9 thread as a major problem with the V9 was...there were a lot of people not getting v9s but really getting v8. Dealers were selling v8s as V9 to get rid of inventory and they wanted to not miss the V9 “hot” opportunity sale as the V9 had sold out and had week/months wait. There were only two dealers at that time who had sold real v9s, hence there were some people here who do not have v9.

There was only the first "good" batch after that all the batches had shitty SELs even smoke missed the first batch.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
There was only the first "good" batch after that all the batches had shitty SELs even smoke missed the first batch.

glad i didn't...there were other batches too...and he's had his hands on plenty good v9's..there are other guys here who had just updated and ordered arf bracelets and boom..fixed.

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
but in your opinion, its really so much evident?

i don't know bud. I was going to order one..then saw the review and swapped over to the 2824 version. when you get yours...post some personal picts..i would love to see it.

thewee2536

Known Member
22/7/18
need some advice

i have plan for changing xtal for my arf should i use gen gasket that come with gen xtal or should i use old gasket from arf ?

if i want to go franken for 116610ln
for gen dial insert bezel hand xtal crown hand = i should go for noob v9 right?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
@Vvvlllooo

Then they had a good batch lots of the older batches are pure shit. The noob QC is just terrible as the ARF ones. Its a shame because they are both great watches but yeah the QC is terrible.

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

mayhemag

I'm Pretty Popular
29/6/17
i don't know bud. I was going to order one..then saw the review and swapped over to the 2824 version. when you get yours...post some personal picts..i would love to see it.

sure mate, I will post photos in few days ! thank you

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the info. I just bought some bitcoins to buy this from puretime but I got to wait 9 days for the coins to clear! Hopefully btc prices don't crash between now and then. This will be my first watch ever, probably, that I've ever bought for myself. I started reading about replicas a week or two ago and if anything I think they're cooler than the genuine versions. So much interesting work goes into making the recreations and I've learned a lot from you guys.

I read someone here writing they expect the movement to last for 3 to 5 years. Is that accurate? Does this mean I'm going to need to entirely replace it in a few years, it can't just be serviced? Any idea what ultimately breaks?

Additionally, how difficult is it to learn to service this myself? I think it sounds really interesting but I'm not sure it's realistic to learn to do it myself with a single watch that I'm not keen to break.

Reactions: Perpetual

Sub4life

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/12/18
I wanted my first rep to be a 116610LN. After reading occb2, I've decided to go with ARF A2824 as I will not be doing any mod and I just want out of the box and wear. Thank all for this thread and read

Realtime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/18
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the info. I just bought some bitcoins to buy this from puretime but I got to wait 9 days for the coins to clear! Hopefully btc prices don't crash between now and then. This will be my first watch ever, probably, that I've ever bought for myself. I started reading about replicas a week or two ago and if anything I think they're cooler than the genuine versions. So much interesting work goes into making the recreations and I've learned a lot from you guys.

I read someone here writing they expect the movement to last for 3 to 5 years. Is that accurate? Does this mean I'm going to need to entirely replace it in a few years, it can't just be serviced? Any idea what ultimately breaks?

Additionally, how difficult is it to learn to service this myself? I think it sounds really interesting but I'm not sure it's realistic to learn to do it myself with a single watch that I'm not keen to break.

That's a great decision for your first watch. As for your questions: most people tend to replace the movement with a more reliable Swiss ETA movement when it breaks. You could service the A2824 but it'll most likely have problems sooner or later. When it comes down to longevity it's hard to tell, some are even going strong for 10 years..

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16

Great first post! way better then asking that famous question here on forum.

I'll tell you this, you cannot go wrong with the a2824 in the ARF this movement is easy to work with and also widely available as it's the work horse of choice for many gen brands.
It's a win win buy because if cant fix it yourself just replace movement simple!

Recypher

30/6/18
Hey people, after following this thread as it progressed...and with the less than amazing reviews of the 3135 I decided to hop on the 2824 bandwagon.

Well had the watch for just over a week now and love it, I had an older JF Hulk and the differences between them were pretty noticeable...as to be expected I guess but then I have only been into this hobby a short time so never really know what to expect when you have it in hand. The insert numbers were much more defined, and the crystal seems much clearer (better ar maybe?)

The one thing that did not seem as great was the feel of the strap, it actually felt cheaper than my old hulk, looked the same and felt the same wearing it but when putting it on and taking it off you could notice...so I picked up an ultrasonic cleaner and gave it a baby oil bath and now it feels much better :) (don't know what it feels like compared with gen as I don't have one, ha!)

All in all, love it!

IMG_1128_zpseatyfu0e.jpg

Now, what next, Omega Seamaster 300, AP Royal Oak, Patek Aquanaut, some IWC Pilot, Cartier Santos...oh god this is going to get expensive!

welovegeek

Horology Curious
21/11/18

Ive mentioned that my expected life span for the watch is 3 to 5 years but really it is hit and miss as some members have mentioned some goes strong as long as 10 years and some just got issues straight out of the box.

There are some info about the movements between clone, Gen ETA and such in the tech section . Please also check it out for more info!

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: melandri

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
Hey people, after following this thread as it progressed...and with the less than amazing reviews of the 3135 I decided to hop on the 2824 bandwagon.

Your sub looks amazing! I don't see any flaws but I'm also no expert.

Puretime said they're out of stock for 2-3 weeks so hopefully I don't have to wait too long after my btc clears!

Recypher

30/6/18
Thanks mate, yeah I’m pretty pleased with it.

2-3 weeks, humm....intime turned mine around in about 2 weeks request to in hand.