• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15400 v4

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Dw and hands was update month ago the big change is the different writing of Audemars Piguet. Look at the "A" as an example yours is clearly a v3 from last month.

Maybe they mix up parts again I don't know but the dial is not v4 it's pretty easy to see the writing is old and very thin vs. The new very thick writing.

Reactions: Raeucci and mech500

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Dw and hands was update month ago the big change is the different writing of Audemars Piguet. Look at the "A" as an example yours is clearly a v3 from last month.

Maybe they mix up parts again I don't know but the dial is not v4 it's pretty easy to see the writing is old and very thin vs. The new very thick writing.

The way that the rep versions are going, you and the other guys wanting this will need to just get the gen and stop worrying about versions once and for all.
I think that at v10, they will still be improving some aspects of it and sliding in other aspects. I don’t bother with rep version numbers anymore. It is laughable not because it’s a flawed rep as all reps are flawed, but because of the way they took care to upgrade a specific feature of the watch while making another feature worse, almost deliberately on purpose lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
hm? If he got a V4 which is a V3 he paid for the wrong watch.

Yeah i will never pay 20k for a steel watch lol

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
It’s not v3. Maybe unofficial v3j...with updated hands and DW. I don’t look closely at print changes....such changes are academic.

Also, There’s no official definition of what constitutes a v4.

According to TD, v4 only has updated hands. Therefore the unofficial v3j updates are essentially v4.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Its just an older batch i think who knows how many different dials they have. I know that from the ARF submariner i saw atleast 5 different dials over the year and all mixxed up you could not tell which batch is now the newest. Very strange.

For the DW i have no idea it looks like my v2 no idea why they changed it in V3 and now changed it back.

Reactions: mech500

MrOptional

8/10/18
To my point in other thread. If no one can spot real differences between v3 and v4, then why TDs even bother calling it a v4?

IMHO they are calling it a V4 to drive sales for the holidays. It’s the same watch as V3. We have expert forum members who can’t tell the difference.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Iam not sure about that i think they just made new dials and blue has the old ones. The whole "VXXX" is bullshit but yeah

Streetiq

3/11/16
Any time they make a minor difference and call it a new volume In the 15400...
Usually there is almost no difference...

Personally, until someone will invent a new solution to the miyota, I don't touch the 15400 Rep.
I hate the rotor on the miyota and the movement feels a lot cheaper than the a2824 and others to my opinion.

When there will be a new movement I am the first one to buy.
and then, it will be a real 'new' volume :)

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
As a new owner of a 15400 "v4", i've took a full month to analyse all the version updates (also called silent updates)
To me the v4 naming is for commercial purpose only.

V3 got silently updated till reach a v3 final version or v4 (you choose how you want to call it).

Updates that i've notified:

-better rotor design/quality (stars and text)
-fake plate audbmars pigubt fix
-"updated" DW
-tinker printing for Audemars Piguet
-AP logo without brown shit between A and P. (Now's white and clean)
-rotor screw not on the edge but centered, both screws looks thiner.
-sWisS maDe fix

After all thoses updated you get a "v3" final edition or a "v4 winter edition" lol

Sorry for my english.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I saw V4 version with "audemars pigubt" (look at puretime pictures) seems like its from piece to piece different.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I think the pigubt effect come from the angle, let's see when i receive mine.

Reactions: quasar97

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
How can we differentiate JF v4 vs OMF version?

It is annoying that OMF released AP15400 too at the same time when JF released v4,

and this time OMF’s AP15400 looks almost identical to JF’s AP15400

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
How can we differentiate JF v4 vs OMF version?

It is annoying that OMF released AP15400 too at the same time when JF released v4,

and this time OMF’s AP15400 looks almost identical to JF’s AP15400

Put it this way: if they truly feels and looks identical and is priced about the same, it will not matter which one you buy. ;)

Reactions: Allure and vcappp