• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
you will be blown away by the finish of the current V3 batch from JF. Beside the already mentioned optical minor differences - JF 15400 V3 is just top notch for the money.

Is there a dial color that looks the closest to gen? I saw a comparison with the blue and it looked like the gen had a shine to it that the rep could not. Do all the reps have this similar flaw?

Crazy that the finishing is so close. Tempted to pick one up but it goes against my rep philosophy. I like to only buy reps I can afford but just cant see spending the money on. I'm a cheap bastard.

uent

Horology Curious
27/2/17
Is there a dial color that looks the closest to gen? I saw a comparison with the blue and it looked like the gen had a shine to it that the rep could not. Do all the reps have this similar flaw?

Crazy that the finishing is so close. Tempted to pick one up but it goes against my rep philosophy. I like to only buy reps I can afford but just cant see spending the money on. I'm a cheap bastard.

I believe no rep have the "shine" you're talking about.
I've seen comparision videos and photos of all the dials and according to me the black is the one that look the most like the real deal.
Pulled the trigger on the white dial a few days ago but mailed Ryan at intime to see if I could change to the black just because it seems to look most like the gen.
Otherwise the white gen is one of my favorit watches of all time, the shine makes the watch pop on your wrist. It's the perfect watch for a sunny summer day worn on a tanned wrist! Damn, now I have to change underwear again...

Jxwatch1

Supporter
Certified
3/10/18
15400 v3 white thinned with mikey dw by legend!
Happy weekend!
271291d06c7af3315fe8a52fc94f7ff5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The only big flaw of the 15400 are the dials they are nothing compared to gen and the height.

And the movement is different. But the finish is really good.

Agree. Also the hands are an instant tell for me but with the price difference and the, say 95% visual closeness, the 15400 v3 is a winner, and a much more accurate rep than its ROO counterpart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Just got my 15400 v3. How's it? Any way to clean the SS?

https://imgur.com/a/BIXDd6f

I take off the bracelet and soak it in Penetration Oil first (Do not do this to the watch head lol), I giggle it every now and then to take out some of the stiffness. Be careful with the screws, some are way to tight. Heat them up with a hair dryer first as the factories sometimes use a dab of glue on the screws. I then move it to a Baby Oil bath after 48 hours and leave to soak for 24 hours, giggling occasionally. The oil removes any crap.

Then wash thoroughly, if you do not have a sonic cleaner then get out the trusty toothbrush. This will remove any excess crap or oil. Brush like a devil with toothpaste first and then rinse off with a dermatological soap. Dry and polish it very lightly with Renaissance wax for a buttery finish. Yes I do have a tendency towards OCD when it comes to watches lol.

Before cleaning the watch head make sure it is waterproof.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Look in the other thread :D its the difference from the last batch different writing of audemars piguet and other datewheel.

Reactions: vcappp

MrOptional

8/10/18
SO... I am trying to get a good copy of 15400 V3. My first QC was missing one of the markers, second QC had terrible brushing and crooked logo. My third QC just came in, just one picture thought. I should probably ask for more pics.

Is it me, or the AP logo is falling off LOL. And there is either fingerprint or flaw in the tappesserie.. Are you guys seeing the same thing?

Pc5m0.jpg

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Reflection and fingerprint on the saphirglass? I would accept it the printing is amazing on that one!

Edit: The "P" is the reflection of the second hand its just the angle which let it reflect :D

Last edited:
Reactions: MrOptional