• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will launch the 2018 Baselworld Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi next month

hm11esh

4/9/18
Which TD you get it from. Has anyone got theirs from Toro. He's my go to the but recently the QC pics have not been great.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Yes I did and posted my QC shot after I accepted.

Looked fine to me. I did however rejected the first one due to dirty marker

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
Also got Mine from Toro. Should arrive this Week
45685250251_1745c54b72_c.jpg

HansD

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/11/18
Great watch, Andrew send me a mail about it. Like it!

dornier

Horology Curious
1/11/09
Hi everyone,

Got my QC photos and have a question.

The timegrapher shows 12 s/d. Is this acceptable? Does it mean it's 12 seconds per day fast?

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Pyknic

24/10/17
Hi everyone,

Got my QC photos and have a question.

The timegrapher shows 12 s/d. Is this acceptable? Does it mean it's 12 seconds per day fast?

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

thats fine

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
I'll play..

Screenshot-20181112-163638-2.png

ZF surely knows how to rep watches, but their QC sucks. Looking at all photos, the datewheel justification is either off left to right or top to bottom. I guess you have to pick your poison!

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
Date wheel can be aligned easily , have a look for the Red blue Border at 6 , i have Seen many bezels with an almost Complete Red 6

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
On gen photos is 60/40..this one is 60/40

Date wheel realignment being easy is a misconception. Especially if you're talking about the print it self being off center. Left to right to realign is literally inpossible. Top to bottom, maybe some tolerances on the axis you place the wheel. But if you're mainly talking about printing issues, it's tough. I have never ever seen a rep after owning over 30 of them that I would consider with perfect QC. In particular, across the board, ZF's QC really does suck...

Last edited:

Pyknic

24/10/17
has anyone noticed, that cheaper shitty version of this actually has a better colour blue on the bezel

michi_werner

Known Member
21/8/18
I really wonder why the date wheel alignment is such an issue. The Rep itself looks so close to the Gen, one would think that the date wheel alignment shouldn’t be that much more complicated...

But that’s a more general question.

Kornsoup

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/2/16
I think the date wheel alignment issue is having more to do with date disc being imperfectly glued to real date wheel to replicate Tudor in-house movement, since A2836 movement has date much closer to the center. So in theory, we could probably remove the glue and realign.

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
How do you know it's a printed overlay versus the actual plate being printed?

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
As far as dates being complicated, none of it theoretically really is. Everyone has different sets of tolerances of what they consider acceptable and not. Even gens have flaws. However, as a whole, in general, ZF QC does indeed suck...

Skeldj

26/5/18
Well, I am Looking at this watch and only see the Hand Stack Flaw as a dramatically unnaceptable, BUT !!! it is VERY dificult to identify the flaw on real life (if you dont have the Watch un your hand and if you dont clos it to your eyes.)
The Date is a flaw that it could be Gen Flaw too.
I am deciding to put this watch on my "what do I have to chose now" list, and put me on a hard position.
Tudor Pelagos XF V2
Pam 318 Noob
Tudor BlackBay ZF (Red Bez)
+Tudor BlackBay GMT Pepsi ZF:
So lets see...... I am Still not sure (I will buy 2 of those in the next 30 days).

jpferry315

16/9/18
Ewing, NJ
Got my Tudor GMT ZF from Intime today. Endlinks are nice and tight, bezel looks pretty damn close to gen. Really satisfied with both watch and service from Intime!

I also received mine today from another dealer. I am very happy with the watch as it looks better in person than the QC pics. Very satisfied with the quality and fits perfect after removing 2 links.

Reactions: Kitosarg