• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[New Prod] MK nautilus 5177

Sukkies

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/18
ryanwayer Update: Just waiting on a response from Ryan to a few queries on my email before pulling the trigger. I’m guessing there is a backlog post autumn festival so fingers crossed it will be soon.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
ryanwayer Update: Just waiting on a response from Ryan to a few queries on my email before pulling the trigger. I’m guessing there is a backlog post autumn festival so fingers crossed it will be soon.

Did you inquire whether the bracelet issue has been fixed? Some of the videos appear to demonstrate the same stiffness as the old version.

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
Did you inquire whether the bracelet issue has been fixed? Some of the videos appear to demonstrate the same stiffness as the old version.

I don't have experience with the nautlius, but if it is just stIffiness can it not be simply fixed with an oil bath or some WD40?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
You will never get the watch as advertiesed.

Those pictures are clearly pictures of the gen model with a different brand name. You will get a crappy quartz oder DG2813 with wrong case specs, horrible finish and nowhere near nautilus appearance.

But yeah - give it a try :D

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Just out of curiosity, is it legal? I mean even without the logo it is still an IP violation, right?

Reactions: soni04al

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Go to Amazon.com and search Noob Nautilus and you'll see another rebadged rep. We all know Noob doesn't make a PP Nautilus 5711 rep (I wish they did), but Amazon clearly shows one. An expensive one at that. Amazon omitted the thickness spec, so I was unable to determine the actual maker, perhaps someone can.

Repwatcher01

25/8/18
Interesting. Same if you search "noob datejust". So someone is rebranding reps and selling them quasi-legally. Maybe this is common knowledge, but I'm new here and it's news to me. I still wouldn't buy it because you don't get the level of service and qc you get from a TD. But it's interesting in principle

Reactions: csthe

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
You will never get the watch as advertiesed.

Those pictures are clearly pictures of the gen model with a different brand name. You will get a crappy quartz oder DG2813 with wrong case specs, horrible finish and nowhere near nautilus appearance.

But yeah - give it a try :D

Yup it’s a gen Nautilus with photoshopped different logo.

SmartyPants

18/5/17
Yup it’s a gen Nautilus with photoshopped different logo.

Yeah, otherwise it'd be worth considering since apart from the logo everything looks pretty gen. The funny thing is that there aren't any infos about the movement, so the most lucrative thing they could do is to just send you a quartz watch. Maybe even one without a logo at all.

Does anyone know more about copyrights in the watch industry? I mean there's literally dozens and dozens of Submariners with a different logo and a different brand name on it. Apart from that they look very similar. Some of the more popular brands being Squale, Invicta and Alpha. Wouldn't they get sued all the time by Rolex for replicating their design? Especially considering how serious Rolex takes plagiarism. I mean even the hands on some of these models are the same as on the Subby e.g. Mercedes hour marker. Or is all of that complete legal? Very interesting question. I'd find it helpful if someone with deeper knowledge could shed some light on this matter.

Repwatcher01

25/8/18
A design patent would cover the aesthetic design of an item, but I believe you could vary very slightly from the patented specs and be considered an entirely different design (hence why Orient, Seiko, Hamilton, etc are all able to legally produce what looks for all intents and purposes like a Rolex). I'm sure there must be an IP attorney lurking on this forum somewhere who could break it down for us.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
BlackJaguar To my knowledge its the best out to date and follows the lines of the wrist nicely.

UPDATE anyway: Order placed with ryanwayer, will update you once QC and the process is seen through!!

i think I will get it too. This rep of Nautilus is pretty sweet. If there is nothing excited released in the next 2 weeks I will buy this MK v5.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Sukkies

24/9/18
rcom440 Dont blame you man, I did my homework and ill second this with you. Should have it within a month if you can hold off until then. Il drop you pics, vids and give you an honest review on the overall feel of it.

BlackJaguar tyty, once it gets here il be sure to comment on the strap quality for you bro.

Reactions: BlackJaguar