• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

new Rolex GMT II Ceramic Rep...

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Damn... That makes sense to me. Dammit pirate, don't you have anything better to do than to slap some sense into me?!

Just for that I'm gonna pour Coca-Cola into Pepsi! I'm gonna do it man!

1211439386747.jpg

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
KBH said:
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=21354

Look the same as gen to me... I don't see any difference.
Then perhaps this rep is for you! :wink:

But, looking at the RG thread you linked to, I definitely DO see a difference. :(

Immediately noticeable: Engraving on rehaut is way too bold, hour markers too small with thick metal rings instead of thin, and crown guards aren't right (but that's an easy fix)...

This is a rep after all, so I don't expect perfect 1:1 appearance, but anything over $300 is too expensive for this piece, IMO.

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
piratedzeus said:
Well if it is accurate to the gen...
It's not :(

Disappointing, too, because I drool every time I play with the gen at the AD. I've been looking forward to this rep's release.. kind of bummed now.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
lol

maybve will do better is price is raised even higher!

roflmao

:D

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
lol, Raise the price to $1000 and give it an exciting name.. like 'Black Magic' for example.. people will buy!!

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
PLASTIC BEZEL wheeee!

yeah the rolex engraving kills it. so dark! so noticeable! :(

muzi

Banned
1/1/08
Oh come on, $400!?

For $400 I can get a BK Modded GMT...

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
crick said:
PLASTIC BEZEL wheeee!

yeah the rolex engraving kills it. so dark! so noticeable! :(

if its a plastic bezel insert, then it better be cheaper than a Noobmariner lol. If its actually ceramic they will prob try to charge $800+ lol

ceramic seems to be worth as much as solid gold in the rep market haha

dizz

jetrigger

Banned
16/12/07
Nice indeed, probably going to be too much for me currently.
They could surprise me though.

Triodus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/08
Price is up. Drumroll please..................... $388. Josh and Andrew both have it up on their sites. Time to spend some of that hard earned money!

jkwhyd

30/5/07
The engraving on the re-hault ring and the marking around the markers are not the same. I need to hear from the Rolex experts and a side by side comparision. At this price, can we expert anything less than perfection?

jk

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
You're right jk... unfortunately, this rep definitely has flaws. Expecting perfection is a recipe for disappointment. But we CAN do something else -- and that is refrain from buying overpriced reps like this one. If they want to charge 400 #&*@* dollars for a replica watch, they can make sure to get the details right!

jkwhyd

30/5/07
The width of the lettering along the re-hault is not the same. When compared side by side with the gen watch, look at the lettering "rolex" in reference to the hour markers. For example look at the 45 minute (9th hour) marker, the "rolex" lettering on the rep and the gen are not the same.

I know I am being anal about it but at $400 I can buy some gen watches that have great quality control. I feel comfortable diving with a $100 Invicta Submeriner homage watch but not this $400 rep. When the price is this high, I'd expect some QC.

jk

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
perhaps you art right and true..

but then, this IS a

genuine replica..

not bad for a rep

we have seen spoiled by better ones..

an forget 'back in the day'

lol

Life is Good!

Klink

:D

MURZ

Horology Curious
9/1/07
On Josh site it says "took 10 months in the making .." and for this long time they did not get it right -thast ridiculous

Hambone

Banned
24/11/06
Righty right Klink. Talk about picky people. The Gen costs what? $7000. ? The rep is $388. , and from what I can see looks like a dead ringer
unless you are looking at it with the Hubbell telescope. These are replicas and some are better than others. For what looks like for all practical purposes to be a real Rolex watch for under 400.00 bucks, I cannot see much room for belly aching. Go and buy the gen if the microscopically minut details are so important. As the disclaimer on the rep sites states, "These are novelty watches". Indeed. It is
a novel hobby and a fun one at that. Don't take it to seriously.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Hey guys,

the factory prices the reps.

Then there is the markup, only for this you can be angry at Josh & Andrew.....

If the rep is bad do not buy it. Are you angry at Rolls Royce for pricing their phantom too high too? :lol:

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
ok, if this took 10 months in the making how come the markers in the bezel insert are way too thick, rings around the hour markers are way too thick, the sel's look weird, no ar on the cyclops and i can tell by looking the clasp doesn't work the same, all of this just at a glance. if those eta movements are sooooooo hard to come by now days where did this one come from? now you guys know why i went ahead and bought the gen, i knew they would get this one wrong. :roll:

josh, andrew and or the rest of the cartel: if you read this send me one and i will be happy to shoot some side by side comparison shots so everybody can see for them selves how 1 to 1 it actually is and then i will be happy to forward it on to your customer.

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtop ... 46&t=35609