• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PureTime's Mechanics Within the Replica Watch Industry - V1.1 - UPDATED!

Milkshire

Looking Around
15/11/16
''Ultimately they provide us with our products, being fully transparent, they wear the trousers in the relationship. " This is one of the many reasons I'll be buying my first rep from PureTime. After wandering this forum the past couple weeks I feel like Angus and the PureTime team are one of the better TDs on this forum. Am I wrong?

noobwatch76

I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley
Patron
Certified
6/7/16
Texas
''Ultimately they provide us with our products, being fully transparent, they wear the trousers in the relationship. " This is one of the many reasons I'll be buying my first rep from PureTime. After wandering this forum the past couple weeks I feel like Angus and the PureTime team are one of the better TDs on this forum. Am I wrong?

It's all subjective but you are on the right path. If I were to purchase from a TD that would be the one. I have bought all mine thus far from M2M transactions (a moderator on this site) as that best suits my needs. The watches he buys are from the same factory's that TDs source from. In addition to him being able to hand select the nicest in a particular lot he then lightly mods them to his higher standards. They ship in from South America as opposed to China and that reduces the the risk of problems. He has them for a week or two for modding so he can spot mechanical issues so less chance of DOA. He also has impeccable taste. The only other person I would buy from is TC. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noobwatch76

I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley
Patron
Certified
6/7/16
Texas
Oops just to add, the mods are not free. It's about $300-$400 for the same model watch that PT will sell you for $100-$200. So if $$ is an issue for you than that is definitely the way to go. A TC is $800-$2000. You definitely get what you pay for.

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
WAO great (explanation) about how this industry work, and to all this also there we had to add those inconvenient that pass with the authorities and law.

Annihilation

Horology Curious
30/10/16
Obviously there's quite a bit of work involved throughout the entire process. As someone else mentioned though, you do pay for what you get so bare that in mind!

rm65453

20/3/17
Thank you for posting this. Its always a good idea to inform your customer no matter what industry you are in as it leads to better business relationships.

Imabeliever

Horology Curious
22/5/17
It's all subjective but you are on the right path. If I were to purchase from a TD that would be the one. I have bought all mine thus far from M2M transactions (a moderator on this site) as that best suits my needs. The watches he buys are from the same factory's that TDs source from. In addition to him being able to hand select the nicest in a particular lot he then lightly mods them to his higher standards. They ship in from South America as opposed to China and that reduces the the risk of problems. He has them for a week or two for modding so he can spot mechanical issues so less chance of DOA. He also has impeccable taste. The only other person I would buy from is TC. Just my two cents.

Great break down.. I'm interested in how your guy chooses and upgrades the pieces.. is it possible to send me his info.. the few extra bucks may be worth it for a additional eye and added mod thanks

Sent from the RWI App

kamo33

Looking Around
21/7/17
I can only echo Alex_P1's comments above. Thanks for being so forthright and informational. The hardest part for us is deciding which sweet Rolex to buy.

sultanofsmut

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/10/13
interesting read! crazy they buy expensive gens just to dissect it but I guess they could reassemble it after and sell it

D

d4m.test

Esthetic ally how close is the 4130 Asian slim movement to the rolex?

[email protected]

Horology Curious
26/7/18
Thanks alot for that explanation. It really helps to understand what is going on and hopefully will make things smooth when I order from you!

unagi

God Luck and Good Speed
Patron
Certified
18/9/18
USA
This was such a fascinating read. I’ve always been intrigued by the inner workings of this industry and this finally gave me a pinch of insight.