• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Good Bye!

asad

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/1/08
Well the admins are discussing on what to do. Soo I am guessing I am not yet banned. I am not trying to get up and just walk right out as I really like this cumunity. Also to clear up the few assumptions, I did not even consider selling any of my reps as genuine and If I was ever to sell any reps they will go on the member sales board here for sale. Also as to what I had posted on risti was my one GEN and before that my sterile homages. So now you be the judge, as no one in there right mind would even think that a sterile dials can be even a gen?

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
I don't mean to put words in gliptopolis' mouth but it sounds like you're upset because you don't like the heat brought on. I appreciate that point. I don't want heat either. I think we all agree that the ristis should get off their high horses. Who cares what we wear? Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say that I think asad has big balls and what he did is funny. But, I agree that the heat is no good.

superdeluxxe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/06
Fair enough, I understand your plight, somewhat. But I'm still unclear as to the problems we, as consumers of these products, potentially face. I have not nor will I ever lose sleep on this topic. This isn't really an 'issue' we must face on a daily or even occasional basis. Abortion, gun control, and taxes are things that concern me. But since I can't biologically squeeze out any babies, two of the aforementioned three are the only things that really concern me.

Moreover, if he was banned here or anywhere else, so what? It's an internet forum. The repective forums don't want his input or donation, so be it.

gliptopolis said:
You know what? You guys are right. Since it seems that I'm the only one that gives a great s**t about his joking around on the risti board possibly causing us problems in the rep world, I'll apologize to all involved.

The thing is, if I'm the only one worried, why did his ass get banned everywhere but here? I know, I'm too serious, they're only reps...I'm just paranoid.

I'll be last one to give a s**t about what some overwound paneristi thinks about anything, but the fact remains that he was playing with fire when he went there to f**k with them and he got burned. It's not about trying to sell reps as gens or about posting pics of 'homage' (spelled R E P anyway you look at it) watches. It boils down to the fact of his stirring the pot with those assholes. If it causes ANYONE here problems, that'll be one person too many IMHO. Why exactly did he have to do it? Anyone remember his posts laughing about what he did? He got what he deserved.

superdeluxxe

3/7/06
Who's upset? I'm not upset. And 'heat'? What 'heat'? I didn't produce the watches. Who's going to bring the 'heat'?

doctorron said:
I don't mean to put words in gliptopolis' mouth but it sounds like you're upset because you don't like the heat brought on. I appreciate that point. I don't want heat either. I think we all agree that the ristis should get off their high horses. Who cares what we wear? Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say that I think asad has big balls and what he did is funny. But, I agree that the heat is no good.

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
ROFLMAO!

ok, so mebbe i sell a few gens as reps on street corner

buy couple boxes of cubans for my buddies in the so so secret service..

and then to top off, send Paneroosti forum som nitrous oxide...

never once in the history of rep forums has any 'heat'

from Paneristi shown up..

strange.. and no service of secret cigar smokers udder..

but who knows, and believe it, hu does no!

Life is Good!

Klink

:D

erd04056

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Good post Klink....You herf the Cubans??? I can send you a few Partagas Serie D 4, if you are interested. :wink:

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
You are too good!

Of course, Klinki appreciates your kind offer.. thank you.. however, we are surrounded here by leaf, enough to make wafting clouds..

:D

(courtesy of military cargo, as John Frum would say..)

Life is Good!

Klink

superdeluxxe

3/7/06
If you've got those Series Ds I'll take 'em. Just mowed through a box of my Partagas Lusitanias--while wearing my SSD cruising through a Paneristi orgy/GTG

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
You don't think this had anything to do with it???

asad said:
After a nice evening spent with the ristis over the weekend, my 9 had all of them drolling. I can now say that my 9 passed the local risti test and may even be the best 9 rep out there!

I'll shed a little bit of light as to what is going on here.... for the community to better understand the issue at hand...

The owners/admins of the major boards received an e-mail from the admin of paneristi concerning his banning at 'risti... it also stated that they were sending the matter to Panerai's legal dept for futher investigation...

Now, let's not get into what Panerai will do about it because it's highly likely nothing will happen.... the issue becomes the fact that our community is not as underground as we would hope it is... anything you guys do in 'risti or the rolex forums, or wherever to pull away the thin veil of secrecy we have here is not good... they know who we are and where we are.... they could cause drama but think we're not worth the time and effort... doing things such as the above makes it personal.... when they things become personal, people become spiteful and very willing to expend their resources in the pursuit of trivial things...

rwg and rg's admin teams made a decision based on receiving that e-mail.... they acted as they did to protect the community as a whole... the issue in regards to rwi has not been settled yet.... once there is the opportunity for a proper discussion then things will happen as they should...

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
brtelec said:
Thanks LoS, we appreciate the info.
But why should we give a $hit what those pretentious asses say...???
It's not like it's some deep dark secret we are harboring here, that 95% of ALL the Panny's out there are reps of REP'S!! :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06
when you act in a manner that could cause problems for the entire community then it becomes an issue that must be rectified....

Asad went and tried to fool paneristi in person and on their board with reps he claimed as gen... they got very angry and decided to start causing drama... as you may or may not know, paneristi tend to be fairly afluent and there is enough lawyers and what not to cause sufficient drama for this community... it was his actions of passing off reps as gens that caused this...

rwi will only fight the fights that are worth fighting.... if you do something idiotic then you're on your own... and trust me, posting images of a rep 000 and claiming it as a gen on 'risti is idiotic... going to a 'risti GTG with an 009 was the straw that broke the camels back IMO...

i don't know if it has been posted anywhere else, but asad has been banned indefinitely from this board... for all those who disagree with this, i'm sorry... the staff of this board made a decision as one and are of the same mind... the safety of the community is of the utmost importance.... and we shall err on the side of caution for that reason....

crick

1/8/06
asad was fully prepared for this. we gave him enough notifications and reason, and though i hate to see it happen, it was an inevitible.

simply put, this hobby doesnt need the attention from the big brands - even the smallest. and even though they ***may*** do nothing, better to err on the side of caution. better to jump on the gen forums with a different user name and photobucket account and not mention rep forums and not post rep watches.

why risk the headache?

i hope the members of the community understand. it was a hard decision to make for some of us.

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06
yep.. like seanf on here is MidgetLove on paneristi... you gotta keep it separated...

gliptopolis

29/10/06
LoS you probably don't give two shits about what I think, but you guys did the right thing. At this point I would think my opinion is painfully clear on what he did. When the rest of the group has a little time to think about it, they'll probably be behind you, too.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
But why should we give a $hit what those pretentious asses say...???

Banning and all aside. This may answer your question....

Panerai, Omega, Rolex, blah blah blah, know we exist but it's not worth their time to pursue it because they know rep owners as a whole don't buy gens and never will. So they don't bother the dealers and they don't bother us. Going after one guy with a $100 rep is just not cost effective. But we must remember that the industry as a whole is a multimilion dollar business. And although that business flies under the radar as a whole, it's not wise to poke the sleeping giant with a stick. Then they will come after you just to show they can.

To quote the late Hans Grueber:

When you steal six hundred dollars, you can just disappear...but when you steal six hundred million, they will find you...unless they think you're dead.

crick

1/8/06
fakemaster said:
To quote the late Hans Grueber:

When you steal six hundred dollars, you can just disappear...but when you steal six hundred million, they will find you...unless they think you're dead.

LOL!!!! good quote :)