• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 904L Explorer i 214270 will release very soon

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Gen Dial the the solution and jump to super Rep*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you can find it... I tried and prices are high... at this point, I’ll go full gen...

BTW, I had no problem with my actual 214270 JF V2 and wrong “E XPLORER” dial, so if I find the new one with correct EXPLORER I’ll be happy with that.

ExOmegaFan

26/7/18
Germany
The same market economics apply to this market as to any other market. If the demand is high and the supply is limited, the price will increase (or as a maker you set a higher price, as enough people will be willing to pay for it). It is called "pork cycle", although I doubt that we will see declining/lower prices anytime soon (aka "bubble"). What we see and experience is a reduced quality even from established makers, to maximise profits. I was really surprised to see so many ARF Submariner examples with the cracked bezel, in my opinion a bad sign. You can take it as a reduced strive for flawlessness.

Reactions: vcappp

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I thnk I will look for the dial and stay with my beloved JF...

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
next "best option" is the jf v2...afaik dial is fixed in new batches...

still waiting for the qc :/

frisoer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/18
What are the differences between this one and the JF v2 - I can't see any. The dial markers look the same and E XPLORER was fixed in the latest JF batch - other than that it hadn't any flaws right?

peace, freezy

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
What are the differences between this one and the JF v2 - I can't see any. The dial markers look the same and E XPLORER was fixed in the latest JF batch - other than that it hadn't any flaws right?

peace, freezy
If you dont really need 904L steel then just get the JF. The JF is amazing.

JB1001

Known Member
30/8/16
Western Europe
Lucy told me JF is no more produced. It disappeared a few days before ARF was out on puretime. Afaik JF and ARF are the same. So it is obvious that they only produce the higher priced 904L from now on

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

fabbrisd

24/12/12
I love this comment - "fixed" E xplorer - check the history of Gen Exp 1

pigger

30/4/18
Sweeden
they messed up text on first 214270, that model had shorter hands, non luminous numbers and that text flaw that was correct for that model but that text was wrong for newer 214270 with luminous numbers and longer hands. They got text wrong / or on purpose/ in factory of GEN many times, maybe they just like to change it from time to time, all very small details to confuse people otherwise i find it strange to believe that they don´t care that much or they are not very careful when producing these watches. No watch from rolex (SS) is worth even 2K, if you don´t count of course gold, platinum versions and diamonds. They should be more careful but they produce shitload of watches and from time to time mistakes happens. And for that, because it is really nothing special ( i have tried Explorer I, Milgauss, Submariner and OP at AD in UK) with all respect they really felt like my Fortis, Sinn or Longines, and for OP even cheaper than SINN, like 600 euro watch. Nothing special, i was disapointed, maybe i just expected something, i don´t know, special. And it just wasn´t anything special at all. That was the day my dream about owning GEN Rolex ended

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
they messed up text on first 214270, that model had shorter hands, non luminous numbers and that text flaw that was correct for that model but that text was wrong for newer 214270 with luminous numbers and longer hands. They got text wrong / or on purpose/ in factory of GEN many times, maybe they just like to change it from time to time, all very small details to confuse people otherwise i find it strange to believe that they don´t care that much or they are not very careful when producing these watches. No watch from rolex (SS) is worth even 2K, if you don´t count of course gold, platinum versions and diamonds. They should be more careful but they produce shitload of watches and from time to time mistakes happens. And for that, because it is really nothing special ( i have tried Explorer I, Milgauss, Submariner and OP at AD in UK) with all respect they really felt like my Fortis, Sinn or Longines, and for OP even cheaper than SINN, like 600 euro watch. Nothing special, i was disapointed, maybe i just expected something, i don´t know, special. And it just wasn´t anything special at all. That was the day my dream about owning GEN Rolex ended

I've owned many gen rolex's and they are worth the money if you can appreciate the marketing budget that makes up part of their price (around 20% of the price is re-spent on marketing. Rolex spends $61 million a year in the US alone). The R&D that goes into new watches also needs to be respected. As for on the wrist, none of these things matter but that really is what makes a rolex a rolex