• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: VSF 2018 Seamaster wave dial

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
You are not the only one. Wait till you see my collection of Bond watches. It's a mixture of rep and gen..haha..

I hope VSF can rep that grey dial..... This photo of it won me over. Not a fan of the thumbprint waves, but the colour of the dial looks brilliant!
​​​​
43288152295_c1d37caaa0_b.jpg

Well, gray shouldn't be too complicated, fingers crossed

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I think applied Omega logos would make this model look even better. Seeing as the retail price for the gen is pretty nicely priced, I wonder if Omega was trying to keep costs low for it by sacrificing the applied logos for painted ones...

Reactions: column

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Here is a pic of the lume on the Rep....
Somewhat underwhelming to me, but mostly just because there isn't all that much of it and I am used to some real flame throwers

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
I was going to post this last night. Reminds me a Rolex with the blue and then there’s the contrasting pip and minutes marker

nine

Known Member
17/9/13
Here is a pic of the lume on the Rep....
Somewhat underwhelming to me, but mostly just because there isn't all that much of it and I am used to some real flame throwers

Beautiful Lume and nice photo.

nine

Known Member
17/9/13
UR factory, another version released , It looks more cheap and terrible-Looking.

E8aXe.jpg

E85xT.jpg

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
UR factory, another version released , It looks more cheap and terrible-Looking.

E8aXe.jpg

E85xT.jpg

URF reps are entry level reps. Each of their omega reps was nowhere close to the top makers. I don't know why are they even trying..

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
It is annoying that once a 1:1 rep is released o. the market, then another factory’s low quality rep is also released at the same time which makes a confusion and increases the possibility of getting wrong one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
It is annoying that once a 1:1 rep is released o. the market, then another factory’s low quality rep is also released at the same time which makes a confusion and increases the possibility of getting wrong one.

Get to know the differences so you don't get the wrong one. The differences is pretty obvious.

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Get to know the differences so you don't get the wrong one. The differences is pretty obvious.

That is what I mean. Get to know the differences = Need to study what are the differences = need to spend more time and effort to distinguish/prevent the fast following lower quality rep of the high end rep.

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
That is what I mean. Get to know the differences = Need to study what are the differences = need to spend more time and effort to distinguish/prevent the fast following lower quality rep of the high end rep.

Yeah, why don't you just go ahead and buy gen to spare you from all that awful long nights of studying fake watches.

You made the effort to find a place where to find fake watches so you can go the extra mile to find out which are good and which are not.

Reactions: Pavo

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
It took me about 90 minutes to read every post in this thread and to check all photos. I am not into Omega watches but the detailed input of all posters in here helped me a lot. Thank you!
About the A2824 movement that is obviously mounted in this watch I dont really care, but I am concerned about the stability of the A2824 movement in this watch. The reason is that the datewindow is located at 6 o clock. I thought that the datewindow of an A2824 movement genuinely is located at the 3 o clock position and therefore a modified A2824 movement will needed (which is not very reliable) to get the datewindow at 9 o clock. Please tell me that I an wrong, since I really like this watch with a reliable and easy to service movement and please don''t judge me wrong, I just wanted to get that sorted.
I would be glad if somebody could tell me if the A2824 with date at 6 o clock is the genuine position of this movement without any modifications needed. Please let me know, thank you!

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
It took me about 90 minutes to read every post in this thread and to check all photos. I am not into Omega watches but the detailed input of all posters in here helped me a lot. Thank you!
About the A2824 movement that is obviously mounted in this watch I dont really care, but I am concerned about the stability of the A2824 movement in this watch. The reason is that the datewindow is located at 6 o clock. I thought that the datewindow of an A2824 movement genuinely is located at the 3 o clock position and therefore a modified A2824 movement will needed (which is not very reliable) to get the datewindow at 9 o clock. Please tell me that I an wrong, since I really like this watch with a reliable and easy to service movement and please don''t judge me wrong, I just wanted to get that sorted.
I would be glad if somebody could tell me if the A2824 with date at 6 o clock is the genuine position of this movement without any modifications needed. Please let me know, thank you!

You are wrong. Nothing to worry about. No modification necessary even, just different printing direction of the #'s on the datewheel is all

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
You are wrong. Nothing to worry about. No modification necessary even, just different printing direction of the #'s on the datewheel is all

Thank you very much :). I am glad I was wrong.

Would it also be possible to replace for an ETA2824 as well?

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
replace for an ETA2836, not ETA2824

Yea, he's right. It's actually an A2836-2 so you could make a swap to the ETA movement, but I think you do have to ask yourself, "why am I doing this." This Asian clone movement is pretty good and it is easy to fix or replace if something does go wrong down the road.

Reactions: vcappp

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
Yea, he's right. It's actually an A2836-2 so you could make a swap to the ETA movement, but I think you do have to ask yourself, "why am I doing this." This Asian clone movement is pretty good and it is easy to fix or replace if something does go wrong down the road.

I totally agree, but it is just good to have some options ;)