• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF iwc portugieser calendar Gen replication coming soon

NoTimeToPepper

Getting To Know The Place
20/5/18
I would love to have real annual calendar automatic which has day, date and month in readable form even as a homage. My most used analog watch is eco-drive with perpetual calendar just because it's always ready for wrist. So I hope the movement gets copied.

Reactions: Desmond20052000

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
From HKRWF news, that the final dial prototype is ready :) The watch will release very soon.

https://www.hkrwf.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7996&page=2

191507fr47ehr7rupbkrii.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I can see flaw in middle Ring

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
As long as those sudbdials aren't extremely shiny I'm down. Was one of the major flaws on both the 3714 and 5007 I had previously.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
8 numeral second Flaw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
WTF are you talking about? I just made a GIF animation of gen vs rep and if there's a flaw it'll never be noticeable:

6kZAq.gif

well done with the gif.
I think the angle of the dial facing the camera and light is causing some distortions

Making the markers number and center look really noticeable .
With that said, looking at it after doing some corrections via Adobe (with my limited skills)...

​​​​​​Numbers, center looks Itty bitty different, wrong font perhaps. Probably can't tell unless under magnifying glass or side by side.

Also the blue color seems few shades off . Both main and sub . After glare correction

All of things I can live with

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
WTF are you talking about? I just made a GIF animation of gen vs rep and if there's a flaw it'll never be noticeable:

6kZAq.gif

Very clear 8 Flaw just focus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Very clear 8 Flaw just focus

Could please more specific what 8 flaw is very clear? it is unclear what the flaw is...

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Look like the dial have a lot flaws, like the hour mark is too thick.... Any movement picture?

G

6kZAq.gif
Ignore him. Just usual FUD from the fake news reporter (how on earth you can make a judgement like that from a single photo and not having a prototype or the real thing in your hand is beyond me!) Let's wait until it actually gets released so we can do some actual comparisons. I don't think people quite understand how much of an impact lighting has on things.

Glad ZF have picked this up. I was very tempted to get the YLF after letting my LPP go on the members market. Hopefully they can nail the colours of the dials (looks decent to me from that one shot).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
1. Color difference on power reserve display. Spacing is anothing problem but less noticeable.
2. Difference on the square hour markers, bold vs. slim
3. Size of the windows

The one dial with the broken letter "A" is the gen one, the one on the right side, just FYI. ZF should make a few modifications on this prototype before the final release

Last edited:

kitwbs

28/5/11
Hmmm...I’m going to get one once they become available. Keep us updated once it’s out

Reactions: john19

7806er

28/8/18
Do you think it's worth it to wait. Can the difference to the YLF Version be so great? have someone experience with the yfl iw503502? thx for all the helpfull posts in this forum!

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
Do you think it's worth it to wait. Can the difference to the YLF Version be so great? have someone experience with the yfl iw503502? thx for all the helpfull posts in this forum!

The YLF has its movement engraving saying "INTERNATIONAL WATCH BR" where it should be "INTERNATIONAL WATCH CO". So it's your call really

john19

17/9/16
Can wait for it.. Does it come only with blue dial or in white also ?
If it comes in white, I am buying it at the same moment as the release it!