• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

71bucks

18/5/10
Got QC pictures on what is supposed to be an ARF LV insert (I accepted)

uVzHG.jpg

uVWyy.jpg

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Regarding DWO - I posted my QC pic on page 137. It seemed like they used the old DWO (in the 316L version). TD said that all of them are like that. Showed me this one which is arguably worse:

502mgj.jpg

And this is my watch:

ulg07.jpg

Seems to be slightly better on some numbers, worse on others. But it's unquestionably worse than the pics on their website. I reluctantly approved it in the end.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Thanks guys. I’ve gone ahead and accepted. I found an extra BK DW that I picked up a while ago that I can swap in and I’m mostly likely going go with a gen xstal as well.

Chiswickian

Horology Curious
6/6/18
when will the Smoke Arf version come out? are there any news? Thank you

Does anyone believe this is still happening. From Smokes recent comments it sounds like there hasn't been any progress on this for a long time. I suspect it's dead in the water, but would of course like to see the much rumoured ARF Smoke Sub become a reality.

Reactions: Matteo1989

ExOmegaFan

26/7/18
Germany
I'm currently in QC phase on this ARF 904L Sub (LV, Hulk).

uYg9U.jpg

uYl3D.jpg

uYS68.jpg

I'm not that confident with the following things and would like to hear your opinion:
  • Marker at 9 on the dial appears to be crooked, but you can believe me that it is a significant improvement from the previous model that I rejected
  • Engraving of the bezel at 45 is too close to the crystal (but this one is so common with the ARFs, that I wouldn't reject based on just that)
  • The color filling of the bezel engravings is not that good at 40, 45, 50 - but I guess one can fix this with this Molotow marker "mod"
Thanks for your feedback!

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
What you think about the 116660 ARF SH3135, this movement, what your opinion about it? Better to the solid 2-2824??

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Does anyone believe this is still happening. From Smokes recent comments it sounds like there hasn't been any progress on this for a long time. I suspect it's dead in the water, but would of course like to see the much rumoured ARF Smoke Sub become a reality.

Haven’t seen smoke since folks said his Yachtmaster bezel mod wasn’t very good and his ‘grand unveiling’ ended up as a fizzle here and a locked thread on geek. But given the span of his descriptive vocabulary - ‘shit’ or ‘trash’, I’m not sure ARF would have much to work with anyway. I wouldn’t hold your breath to be honest.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11

I'm not that confident with the following things and would like to hear your opinion:
  • Marker at 9 on the dial appears to be crooked, but you can believe me that it is a significant improvement from the previous model that I rejected
  • Engraving of the bezel at 45 is too close to the crystal (but this one is so common with the ARFs, that I wouldn't reject based on just that)
  • The color filling of the bezel engravings is not that good at 40, 45, 50 - but I guess one can fix this with this Molotow marker "mod"

The only problem I see is the filling of the bezel engravings as you mentioned, it doesn't really look good enough to me. But as you say can be fixed yourself.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17

uYg9U.jpg

uYl3D.jpg

uYS68.jpg

I am not an expert but I see what you mean with 9o clock marker. Slightly misaligned.

With regards to the insert numbers being close , this seems to be a common one and the inserts bring light could be the angle and too much light. Ask for additional pics to verify.

Wouldn't hurt to get some DW pics showing 8,18 and 28

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
We do not know, and no news thus far from smoke or ARF/Puretime

When it does release, I will be in! Until then, going to enjoy my V9

It's been cancelled.they're going to not make a perfect watch.they are going to update 1 thing at at a time per version. This is what Angus told me.its a dam shame. But that's life. the v9 is almost perfect along with the arf braclett and a few mods like gen xtal

knol

17/8/16
It's been cancelled.they're going to not make a perfect watch.they are going to update 1 thing at at a time per version. This is what Angus told me.its a dam shame. But that's life. the v9 is almost perfect along with the arf braclett and a few mods like gen xtal

how about the metal around the round hour markers on the V9 . That edge seems too thick and to me its an instant tell if i look at pictures. maybe not so in real life though.

ARF
uXk9g.jpg

noob v9

uX26a.png

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Different dials some have small rounded indices some has big not really a flaw.