• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF just launched the 116500 V2, a day after Noob launched their V2 of it, what are your opinions?

bettoban

Known Member
30/12/15
Now here is my latest noob, it is a great watch out of the box.
No problems with the bracelet, it feels the same as the ARF I had.
Don‘t tell me the subdials suck. Not on this. SEL is ok, not 100 % but 90 % and could be corrected with better spring bars.I already have a franken of this but I got another one for my wife. She wanted to spend the $700 for something else, not for another gen dial. I agree, the bezel could be improved. I also agree, the subdials on the black versions could be better. But for 600 you get a really good watch with a great movement and you could always franken it, not so with the ARF...

16318c01b551ad77d01317fe0bc658a8.jpg

7fe5174cf23d9f8e728e617d93f4d170.jpg

and here another one
d951b53e732358e5a81916777c5d5d1e.jpg

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Sel's not bad at all, can't understand who says that's terrible

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
d977daea506ae57f9b7f409dd18e1af9.jpg

5b588b55cb87fd5fe5b5b12e759ae68f.jpg

Noob ceramic - passable
Noob steel - not even close

Problem is they've just copied the ceramic dial in everything other than the Subdials

Sel wouldn't bother me like the dial would.

The only positives about ARF improving their daytona is if they get the dial and insert close then you can use them as better donors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

lcsrep11

19/8/17
guru The white looks great shows how it looks better from different angles too. First image looks amazing, second image bezel font looks really skinny. The black face 116500 subdials look better or is that just the angle ? Are they still fat front on ?

lcsrep11

19/8/17
What? Did you even READ my reply? SMH... I said your comparison is dumb - and we are talking about 116500 here - still 18-20k on the market for a new one. So yes who cares if you spent 6000 GBP 7 YEARS ago? That doesn't have any relevance today. 1 You can't buy one for that price today and 2. it's not a 116500.

I still stand by my words: if you walk out into the city and see a 116500 on someones wrist, you cannot tell if it's a noob or a gen unless you happen to have a gen to compare it to. If you can tell, then good for you and you must be a watch God.

smh...

Dude this is the last time i waste my energy on you as you obviously don't read a single thing i put. For the record every comment I have put is in response to your statement....

1st statement being no one can tell on the wrist. Wrong you can.

2nd statement that i should buy a gen for 20k if i think the noobs aren't good enough. My response i don't need too as i own a gen and it didn't cost me 20k as ive had it since 2011 and it was £6k also in that statement acknowledged it was 2011 and not todays price. Nothing to do with relevance on time and price simple fact i don't need to spend any money on a gen daytona at all. I own one.

You have just blurted out incoherent irrelevant responses to everything.

Im not sure if you have had a bump on the head or drank too much full fat coke. Read back across our conversation take it in and breath at the same time im sure it will sink in eventually. Either that or go back to flexing you fake rolex you've spent 20k on to you pals with 200k watches. Just please don't bother me anymore. I cant explain and respond to you any clearer.

Bottom line enjoy your noobs for what they are...reps. But don't try and tell me that you cant tell on the wrist because the majority of people in this forum and anyone with the slightest interest in daytona's will laugh you out the place. If you had said 116520 white face i may have slightly agreed with you its a tough tell, but if you know what your looking at the bezel is off. 116500 both white and black face dials are bad and can spot easily. I think your trying to convince yourself they 1:1 so you can carry on pretending its real to all your friends.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Lol it's impossible to get and even if you find it chances are it's going to be very very very expensive. I have a friend that's a jeweller he works on real Rolex watches, and he told me that he can swap fake parts and take the gen ones. He's done it before. So I might take use of that. Although it's not correct at all and he can get in a lot of trouble.

Your "friend" is a thief and If I knew who he was I'd report him to the authorities. You are no better than he for even considering to be a part of his deception and scam. Give me a reason not to ban your arse, it had better be a good one! Reply not optional.

Reactions: SuperLory and occb2

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
That's the type of guy to resize your wife's ring and replace all the diamonds w fakes. Horrible. Karma will find this man if he's doing this to people's gen watches. No wonder why so many ppl are afraid to go gen or go anywhere else with it except RSC! Jeeeez

Reactions: KJ2020

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
ywg Waiting for a reply, I know you have logged in today.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
guru The white looks great shows how it looks better from different angles too. First image looks amazing, second image bezel font looks really skinny. The black face 116500 subdials look better or is that just the angle ? Are they still fat front on ?

The black Ceramic has a gen 116520 CL dial. I know it is not the correct dial for it but 116500 dials are not available.

Sent from iX

ywg

3/7/17
ywg Waiting for a reply, I know you have logged in today.

By taking use of that I mean report him to Rolex, English is not my native language. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I will rephrase my original comment.

Last edited:

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
The black version is out!

ssouthall6

10/10/13
From what I can see, the ARF v2 print is perfect.

The ROLEX and text underneath it is identical to the gen.

However the subdials still aren't quite right, in fact, they've gone BACKWARDS!!!

The numbers on the subdials are not central on the gen. The bottom of the numbers are very close to the inside rim of the subdial.

Example below

7df9b7ddc014e8f7656970fda57c2009.jpg

And now ARF V2 taken from Puretime

2423b8115be29be23e0fe40e955c07f1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Lol it's impossible to get and even if you find it chances are it's going to be very very very expensive. I have an acquaintance that's a jeweller he works on real Rolex watches, and he told me that he can swap fake parts and take the gen ones. He's done it before. He told me about it 2-3 days ago. Although it's not correct at all and he can get in a lot of trouble. So I might take use of that information and report him to the authorities.

Lol you editied this post to say you might report him to the authorities instead of using him to steal gen parts.

ywg

3/7/17
theREALgoat yeah, his original post seemed like it was filled with glee at the prospect of having his acquaintance steal some poor guy’s gen dial for him.

My original comment sounded like that so I changed it. I don't have intentions to steal people's property. I just phrased it poorly maybe because I had a few drinks that day and having re read it a couple of times after that it totally sounded wrong.

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
My original comment sounded like that so I changed it. I don't have intentions to steal people's property. I just phrased it poorly maybe because I had a few drinks that day and having re read it a couple of times after that it totally sounded wrong.

Granted you could have, and were, likely joking, but still a little disturbing.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So I started doing research, comparisons, and I started a cheap build, the first here on the forum on this watch that will include:

-116520 "V2" (or you can call as you like)
- gen crystal gasket
- BP 116520 dial Black CL
- ARF bezel (little shaved)

I've all parts in my hand except the dial that I've received QC pics today :)

Stay tuned for the result of this cheap project!

Awesome approach bro, cant wait to see! Especially interested in your bezel replacement and any problems you might run into.

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
so to pretty sum it theres no point in getting the V2 ARF, its pretty much same as V1 ?

Reactions: SuperLory

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Looking forward to the results. Did you order the BP dial seperatly or did you order the watch and remove the dial?

Initially i’ve ordered an ARF dial, but than i’ve seen a BP dial and i’ve stopped my ARF dial order and i’ve ordered the BP dial (just the dial). I’ve got QC and seems awesome! :)

Awesome approach bro, cant wait to see! Especially interested in your bezel replacement and any problems you might run into.

Thanks mate, i think that the result will be very interesting for this low budget :) will see, can’t wait :)

so to pretty sum it theres no point in getting the V2 ARF, its pretty much same as V1 ?

The ceramic 116500 from pics have better front lines (more thin, more gen like) and also the print of subdial it’s improved. The engraving of ceramic bezel numbers seems a bit less deep also.

116500 ARF it’s actually the best dial you can get for franken or modding project