• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
thanks for your opinion. I think we all have the right to tell something to discuss about the product, if there is something to tell about the flaws, rather than hiding them, if we find something or flaws, even after receiving the product. It is not personal. It is about the product quality and to know/find some differences between the batches of each production.

The "flaw" could have ruled out by simple examination. I DO take it personally when someone points out a flaw on my watch that I didn't see before. I think it's rude. We are own worst enemies at times. Once you see a flaw, it cannot be unseen, and what you don't know won't hurt you in this case.

One can discuss flaws they've observed generically without calling out a specific member's watch. Let them choose to look for a flaw for themselves instead of taking that choice away from them by being a buzz killer.

Last edited:

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
The "flaw" could have ruled out by simple examination. I DO take it personally when someone points out a flaw on my watch that I didn't see before. I think it's rude. We are own worst enemies at times. Once you see a flaw, it cannot be unseen, and what you don't know won't hurt you in this case.

but then you shouldn’t share the pics here. If you share pics or your opinion here you have to calculate that someone has another opinion to it and will se a „flaw“ .

Reactions: Mr.Paneristi

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
but then you shouldn’t share the pics here. If you share pics or your opinion here you have to calculate that someone has another opinion to it and will se a „flaw“ .

One can discuss flaws they've observed generically without calling out a specific member's watch. Let them choose to look for a flaw for themselves instead of taking that choice away from them by being a buzz killer. Obviously it's different if a member asks for critique.

Reactions: phdsjain

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Here's an example of what I'm trying to get across. The newest ARF submariner V1 has a bezel insert that was engraved poorly. All specimens have the insert markers on the left side pushed too far inward so they nearly touch the crystal. The right half of the insert is correct. It's not only an aesthetic issue, but also creates a greater risk of cracking the insert due to it being cut near the insert edge. And ARF's cuts are deeper than any others, even deeper than gen. ARF probably bought 500,000 of them and will keep selling them til they're gone. Members still buy the watch, some know about it beforehand, some don't.

Member A buys one and posts QC pics saying the insert markers look off and wants to know if he should reject the watch for another. We tell him they are all that way and he makes his choice.

Member B buys the watch and receives it, then posts pics saying how happy he is with his new $500 watch. We tell him it looks great brother, wear it in good health.

I would find it inconsiderate to say the least if someone proceeded to tell Member B his insert is flawed and maybe it will get fixed in V2.

My 2 cents.

ARF_sub_2_Medium.jpg

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Here's an example of what I'm trying to get across. The newest ARF submariner V1 has a bezel insert that was engraved poorly. All specimens have the insert markers on the left side pushed too far inward so they nearly touch the crystal. The right half of the insert is correct. It's not only an aesthetic issue, but also creates a greater risk of cracking the insert due to it being cut near the insert edge. And ARF's cuts are deeper than any others, even deeper than gen. ARF probably bought 500,000 of them and will keep selling them til they're gone. Members still buy the watch, some know about it beforehand, some don't.

Member A buys one and posts QC pics saying the insert markers look off and wants to know if he should reject the watch for another. We tell him they are all that way and he makes his choice.

Member B buys the watch and receives it, then posts pics saying how happy he is with his new $500 watch. We tell him it looks great brother, wear it in good health.

I would find it inconsiderate to say the least if someone proceeded to tell Member B his insert is flawed and maybe it will get fixed in V2.

My 2 cents.

ARF_sub_2_Medium.jpg

yes i know what you mean, i agree with it and i respect your point of view.
And for me i never make a watch bad if someone posts his review. I say my opinion.

but back to the topic....where is that black beauty? i can‘t wait much longer, buying more and more from Toro lool:D

Reactions: KJ2020 and mech500

pthime

Looking Around
1/8/18
Has anyone got QC of black dial or news about?
I've been waiting almost 1month and I'm worried

joyjoyk

Known Member
10/3/18
Just got qc of mine from Tim. Silver dial version. Hopefully people waiting for their black dials will get em soon

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Sead told me today that there was still this problem with the case set and waterproofing.

hm i don’t get it why the problem is only with the black dial?

do they have to re work on the cases? couldn’t they produce new batches to release and take theyre time to fix the problems with the „damaged“ watches?

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
hmm yes, like toro :D

so lets see what happens.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Here was my QC pic, just received. The 9pm marker looks at tad crooked to me. But I'm going to approve it, overall seems good.

2yy84cp.jpg

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
oh man...i´m thinking about switching to the white dial...i like it but black is more my colour somehow