• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
6.0 - 6.5” wrist (150 - 164mm) = 120/70mm
6.6 - 7.0” wrist (165 - 178mm) = 125/75mm
7.1 - 7.5” wrist (179 - 190mm) = 130/80mm
7.6 - 8.0” wrist (191 - 203mm) = 135/80mm
8.1 - 8.5” wrist (204 - 216mm) = 140/85mm
8.6 - 9.0” wrist (217 - 229mm) = 145/90mm

This is great info, been meaning to figure this out. Thank you!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
For years they produced the best submariners which is the holy grail of replica watches and they never discontinue it nor signed exclusivity of sales.

Yes, I am just tying to analyse the situation as well....just speculating on what could have cause them to discontinue the watch after a few weeks.

Rolex, AP, Omega reps are different. They have massive international demand inside and outside the forums.

JLC is a perfect candidate for a customer order by an investor who wants exclusivity of sales. There is much less international demand for JLC than the popular brands we see here on the forumns.

Factories are not stupid. They are businesses. They will not intentionally stop production after a few weeks unless there is a business reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Possible reasons for the factory to stop production:

1. There is a fundamental design flaw and potential international sales for JLC reps (unlike Rolex reps) do not warrant the cost of re-design & rectification.

2. Factory sold the initial large batch to an investor and made their profit and have no interest in pursuing another batch.

3. Maybe this was a custom run for a large/powerful Chinese investor.

4. Exclusivity of sale contract with a large wholesale buyer

Could be anything really.

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18

1. There is a fundamental design flaw and potential international sales for JLC reps (unlike Rolex reps) do not warrant the cost of re-design & rectification.

2. Factory sold the initial large batch to an investor and made their profit and have no interest in pursuing another batch.

Nowadays, factories generally do not keep stocks since police in china are checking their activities and warehouses constantly, JLC is not a high demand brand and therefore once they are sold out, they either order the components from manufactures to produce a new batch or stop producing them, it depends on popularity.

Reactions: mech500 and Darude

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17

All possible reasons but then why Ryan was advertising it since half of March? And why they keep telling to TDs that a new batch is coming next week? I can't find an answer to this.

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
All possible reasons but then why Ryan was advertising it since half of March? And why they keep telling to TDs that a new batch is coming next week? I can't find an answer to this.

I am in the same boat as you guys maybe worse, I ordered a black one a few days ago from Angus.
The black ones had defects and they recalled according to Lucy so I hope they will correct them and supply the TDs.

This forum and likely all TDs do not have enough buying power to influence another batch of these watches which would normally mean calling up suppliers of the parts and ordering. It seems complicated and the suppliers have quantities like (100 case sets), 500 dials etc, I have no idea what the order quantities are but likely far more than the demand that could be supported by the forums alone. They won't keep stock or support selling a dozen a week for months its just not how this business is done unfortunately.

Lets keep our fingers crossed, I think we will either get told in a few weeks that its discontinued or the TDs will get more, lets hope its the latter not the former.

Reactions: RobSe1

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
No way they discontinued this after a few weeks :( I was looking at brown aligator leather straps last night to make a silver dial. Will be very disappointed if they don't make more

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I have a custom made strap shipped out for the JLC -.-
Will drive to China and make trouble :huh1:

Reactions: SuperLory and VIV54

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Just to be sure, some members told me they can't see the qc pics.
Do you think this 12 marker is crooked? isn't the markers should be straight?
43677427161_59b43bac64.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/932/43677427161_59b43bac64.jpg

Thanks!

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Can someone confirm the rep strap and spring bars are curved?

I'm looking to get the RG version and on InTime it looks straight.

I'm in the middle of ordering a brown Gen strap from JLC for the RG version (reference 1362520).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I confirm that the rep strap and spring bars are curved from my silver SS one.

By the way, I am also considering to buy RG one, but I found a flaw after speding much time of research. Can someone confirm?

The flow: it seems like Gen RG dial is eggshell color dial and it looks it does not have “guilloche dial” on the small date dial. However, according to TDs pictures, RG one has guilloche dial on it.

be5a8a8ddb14be96b497f0c271848fa3.png
c44db964364a7c46705dc4f1e6d98f19.png

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Could please share how to transfer the rep's deployant buckle from the rep leather strap to the new outsourced leather strap? Thanks.

i mean “how did you re-install the deployant clasp into the new outsourced strap??”

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
i mean “how did you re-install the deployant clasp into the new outsourced strap??”

Mate just check for some youtube videos, it's a simple clasp and it's full of tutorials