• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to The Brig - personwholikeswatches

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
You're doing it again, looking for excuses, playing the sympathy card.

If you are overweight by 15lbs, it's almost certainly not due to an eating disorder, more like boredom/comfort eating, and 15 lbs you can loose in 2 months if you put your mind to it.

Losing 15 lbs in 2 months? I do that in 2 days LOL!

personwholikeswatches if you really wanna change your life, hit me up. I will teach you de way. Believe me, you won't regret that decision but if you take it, consider it as irreversible so think smart.

Reactions: BirkinTourbillon

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
I don't usually jump in brig comments but I read all of this one.

What OP did was unacceptable but it sounds like he is genuinely sorry and coming around.

OP just say a sincere sorry to Occb2 and TB again and stop trying to respond to everyone.

Maybe the mods will will feel magnanimous and forgive you sometime in future. But even if they don't and they still decide to permanently ban you just take this as an important lesson and move on (this is the internet after all) - we were all kids once.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I want to respond to everybody. I am learning a lot. I am also doing what BigOffshoreDaddy talked about. Thanks!

Reactions: BigOffshoreDaddy

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
Yep, this boy is backed up from balls to brains. Lemme give you a bit of advice, son:

1. I grew up in a Southern Baptist/Catholic home. I was getting my finger wet at 13 and getting laid at 15. That is to say there's hope for you yet! Just use protection, FFS.

2. You seem like an intelligent young man, but right now you're definitely educated beyond your intelligence. I don't know what schools you've attended, but you need to learn about manners and decorum. If you already learned, then start using them more often. You're not in a locker room with your friends. And God knows if my Dad or late Mom ever heard the word cunt come out of my mouth, or words on a screen, it would be my ass. I'm sure if you are allowed a second chance here - and that's a big if - somebody's gonna have your mom on speed dial no doubt.

3. I went to public school, which means that it's really interesting when I count to 21. Nobody cares about education here. That and $300 might get you a decent Sub here...maybe. What we do care about is knowledge, decorum, and the sharing of information, no matter what the subject. Contribute where you can, learn when you need to, and give back often. That's what we care about here. The only math we care about here is if a watch is priced where we can afford it.

4. Just like in the real world, there are rules here for a reason. That reason is because long before you were ever a member here, whilst you were still trying to figure out the difference between Goldfish and Teddy Grahams, there were people who were just as smart as you trying to pull the wool over our eyes. Even the original owner of this forum screwed the community over for a lot of money. Ronald Reagan said, "Trust but verify." I'm supposed to be a trusted member of this board, so I've heard. I've been here 12 years, and I had to have a $1500 watch I just sold verified. Did I bitch and complain? No. Why? Because I know the rules here.

5. Take some of the money you're getting from Rep sales, or wherever you're getting it from to buy Reps, and go get a decent phone!

It looks like you have a bright future ahead of you. Perhaps on this forum here as well. That remains to be seen, but many, many great members here are giving you some good pearls of wisdom here. So here's my two cents:

Take your lumps here, maybe even handwrite "I will not call respected members and staff names like cunts and stuff" a thousand times, and perhaps write a 1000 word essay posted here on how to be a productive member of a community, and a 5 paragraph heartfelt apology to occb2 posted here as well and maybe, just maybe, I might go to bat for you for reinstatement. OK, perhaps not the whole writing things down 1000 times, but you get it.

Yes, I'm serious. No, I'm not kidding. Get started. You got until 1800 Pacific Time Sunday.

If I ever got the opportunity, I'd of course use protection. I never want kids full stop, let alone right now. Alright. I accept your charge. I don't need to wait till 1800 PST on Sunday(you sound like ex-military. Thank you for your service if that's the case).

Dear Rob, @occb2

My brother in law’s name is Rob(short for Robin, funnily enough). Is that relevant? Of course not. On to the point. I am sorry for the way that I treated you and every other member of the forum that I was an ass to. There was no rhyme or reason to go to the lengths that I did because of frustration. I recognize that you are a deeply valuable member of our amazing community, and that you are also(as many pointed out) probably the least cunt-like moderator of the forum(not that any of the rest are either). In my naivete and temper, I lashed out at the last person who deserved it. I realize that I should have written this yesterday, instead of after being brigged, but I hope that you see it for what it is: a genuine apology to someone I wronged.

Now I know that your feelings likely aren’t hurt(after all, who cares about the opinion of some teenager on the internet) but that doesn’t matter. What matters is the fact that I thought that the way to treat someone who was trying to help was to be a jerk. That is unacceptable. You probably get paid either nothing or next to nothing for the work you do for the forum, but you do it anyway. You take time out of your life and your day to help and advise us newbies who need it, and get no reward for it other than the satisfaction of knowing that you helped. Our community is not a large one, and many people on bigger watch forums despise our choice of watches because of things like “fake watches for fake people” and many other illogical arguments. What I should have done instead of lashing out is just taken the pictures and taken them well in the first place.

Here’s the thing. I need to work on myself. Big Offshore Daddy is right. Being an ass is no way to go through life, and I will never correct my self-esteem issues if I continue to act that way. That is why I will make an attempt to act that way no longer. I think that you did a great thing for me by reporting me to Trail boss, and I think I will remember this for the rest of my life. I am extremely grateful for the work you do for the forum and for the community, like when you gave me some great advice a few months ago about the Submariner and SD43. Even after I was an ass, you still offered to assist me if I needed it in future and said you wouldn’t hold a grudge. That shows true dedication and compassion to a community and even to someone who treated you like shit. I am also thankful that you didn’t take any drastic actions, like banning me for so grossly breaking the rules, even though you’d have been perfectly justified doing so. It demonstrates a level of compassion that I need to learn to have as well. I love this community, and to be banned would be horrible.

I don’t think I have anything else to say. I didn’t quite make it to 5 paragraphs, but I also don’t want to say the same things over and over just to artificially pad my apology. In summary: I am sorry for the way I treated you. You didn’t deserve it at all, and I was simply being an ass for no apparent reason. You are an extremely valuable member of this forum and this community, and I hope that you read this apology and accept it. Thanks for all that you do Rob.

PS: To trailboss99 and everyone else, I am also sorry. I recently became a supporter, and promptly ruined that for myself by acting this way. Good day to you all.

Joey

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
Forgive me if I don't write that phrase 1000 times BigOffshoreDaddy . When I was 7, my dad made me write Colossians 3 9-10 100 times after I told him that I had done exercise during recess when I actually hadn't(he ended up calling my teacher to check). It was not fun, though your suggested phrase is certainly better than those verses. Thanks!

BigOffshoreDaddy

OG RWI - The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Patron
Certified
26/3/06
The Republic of Texas
No, you don't need to write it down 1000 times...I was being facetious. LOL

Essay, son, essay! And I'm not talking East Los Angeles essay. LOL

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
This guys is mental ffs! how can someone get "enlightened" more in one thread more than during his entire life is beyond me...

have a good day? :D

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
This guys is mental ffs! how can someone get "enlightened" more in one thread more than during his entire life is beyond me...

have a good day? :D

I never said that. I mostly just said that everyone here has given me a lot to think about. Nothing about being enlightened. Have a good day! :)

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
You are saying the right things in this thread young man. At least now you are, but I’m not completely buying it. You were a dick to Rob not just once but several times. You added that you were a dick to Trip. I have also seen elements of your smart ass, dick attitude rising to the surface in some of your responses in this thread. It’s not up to me but if it was I’d leave you here for a while. Let’s see if you keep up the good attitude. We will come visit you and bring you cigarettes. You need to understand that there are repercussions from your actions. That’s something you apparently have not been taught.

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
You are saying the right things in this thread young man. At least now you are, but I’m not completely buying it. You were a dick to Rob not just once but several times. You added that you were a dick to Trip. I have also seen elements of your smart ass, dick attitude rising to the surface in some of your responses in this thread. It’s not up to me but if it was I’d leave you here for a while. Let’s see if you keep up the good attitude. We will come visit you and bring you cigarettes. You need to understand that there are repercussions from your actions. That’s something you apparently have not been taught.

You're right. I think that's fair. I don't want cigarettes, though. I'd prefer not to die of lung cancer in my 40's or 50's(or possibly earlier). :)

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
"A bit of a cunt" is a new one, I'll give the fucker that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk