• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Entire line of APs from JF will be updated

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Thats what i thought - yeah.

Keep us updated how it turns out in real life. Do you order the Havana too at this point? Or which are your future little ROO projects?

Ordered the Havana, but only because I have the gen strap and it’s amazing!

Videos here its not as gen but a very nice dial. I love rose gold accented dials.

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzcy...ne&sharekey=17400ef933cd02a1cedb6038142fb3bd4

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzcy...ne&sharekey=550643dd4566f2182ec3461b74a1d7eb2

GalaxyKid

Looking Around
20/7/18
Anyone know if the SS Diver has been updated yet? Currently V9 . Should we expect a V10 when the updates arrive?

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Looks like they did the bee, but still shows wrong date wheel, but they updated the bezel to be brushed like the 44's. I don't think that's correct for the bee, can anyone else chime in? You can see better photos of the bezel on Trusty, though not a TD here.

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Looks like they did the bee, but still shows wrong date wheel, but they updated the bezel to be brushed like the 44's. I don't think that's correct for the bee, can anyone else chime in? You can see better photos of the bezel on Trusty, though not a TD here.

You’re right, they added the brush lines on the bezel which is wrong for the bee.

Weird because Intime’s pics have the standard (correct) brushed bezel but Trusty’s has the brush lines, so there might be some variation in the latest batch.

There are gen Bumblebees with the modern font, so I guess that isn’t a big issue, however it’s hard to tell if they’re using JF’s updated modern font.

One nice upgrade is the DLC metal caseback like the gen, no longer are they using the ceramic one.

watchtiger

22/11/16
Hard to actually see the difference for the white date font. The black font is pretty spot on.

MrBeasy

8/2/16
So what's the verdict on the Cyclops guys? I haven't seen a definitive picture of the depth of the new dw yet with the updated cyclops (presume the TD pics are prototypes only). Are we getting to an acceptable depth with the updated models?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
So what's the verdict on the Cyclops guys? I haven't seen a definitive picture of the depth of the new dw yet with the updated cyclops (presume the TD pics are prototypes only). Are we getting to an acceptable depth with the updated models?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mate, my opinion is : either you buy and enjoy it like it is ootb or you just go through the usual modding steps (maybe minus DW since Mikey also has no stock)

No depth whatsoever from the cyclops, just magnification

IWCAP

Known Member
18/8/16
Just ordered the all brown Havana - excited to see it in real lift or even just the QC pictures.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Just ordered the all brown Havana - excited to see it in real lift or even just the QC pictures.

please post some insight once you Green light your QC pictures or once you received the watch. I am excited about this release for about a year but not sure yet...

Steste

12/5/18
Apparently all 42mm and 44mm chrono models will be receiving the following updates.

1) Better cyclop, same as the Tantalum requested by Angus i think

2) Date font as per gen

3) Bezel brushing more gen like

4) Better caseback engravings

Will they make a FC or BLACK CERAMIC DIVER to compete with XF V2 ?

BIONONE

28/4/17
@TheDonSL @BIONONE @SuperLory @mech500 MrBeasy
What’s currently the closest to gen rep AP out of the box? (44mms only as 42mm’s have an incorrect date position)

first of all welcome to RWI.

I guess you did a bit of reading before you ask such a question pointing to the 44mm ROOs.

There is no real consensus for your question...but to me - The 44mm Panda with the updated Bezel brushing and the nice updated DW+Cyclops is one of the best color wise.

Then there is the Black Forged Carbon/Ceramic 44mm ROO which is very nice out of the box but even nicer with some minor mods (2AR Crystal, Case mattening to make the texture pop even more)

There are plenty other options for very decent ROOs. But keep in mind that even on the 44mm ROO Chronos the DW position is not totally correct - it is less noticeable due to the distance to the tachymeter and the hour marker. But for sure there is a small difference.

In the end there is so much to say - better you read a bit more and find the best solution or your self so you can buy something with confidence.

Reactions: a5539925

a5539925

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/18
BIONONE

thanks for the quick reply. I’m not new to rwi, I’m just back. Lost my account when the forum was down and was active on rwg and repgeek meanwhile.

The novelty panda and FC are the ones which I find the most appealing. On the gold models the gold always looks like if it’s not real gold ...

With Panda you mean the Novelty, right?
https://puretime.io/royal-oak-offsh...bber-strap-a3126-v2-w-cyclops-and-dw-mod.html

Two questions:
1. Does the fc/ceramic look smaller on the wrist than the panda? I never had them next to each other. I tried them on one year apart and remember slightly the white dialed panda to appear bigger.
2. For the FC JF v2 or Noob? Noob seems to have a better tachy and more correct dial in some aspects. The JF seems better ootb. Is there a reliability difference between noob and jf? JF is said to use a three jewels mod. Is that true?

BIONONE

28/4/17
Yeah right i was talking about the panda from your link. This is as good as it gets ootb wihtout any mods. The DW and cyclops update make this more appealing to me than the older version.

IMO the panda wears bigger as a white face always pops more than an all black watch. But dont get me wrong - the FC is everything else than subtle on the wrist haha

i think the Panda is perfect to start the ROO obsession with. A white strap makes this watch even nicer for summer occasions so i would think about this one especially.

the JF FC is recommended as it has the new DW and cyclops already installed. I dont know if the noob version is even available anymore...
Noobs dial is better - you are right. But i would say - without the gen and the rep knowledge that we gained over the years - nobody will ever notice this differences on the wrist...

all in all i would say the panda is the right way to go - the movement reliability is better nowadays but keep in mind that something can happen any day sooner or later so you wont be too disppointed haha :D

Reactions: a5539925

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
first of all welcome to RWI.

There are plenty other options for very decent ROOs. But keep in mind that even on the 44mm ROO Chronos the DW position is not totally correct - it is less noticeable due to the distance to the tachymeter and the hour marker. But for sure there is a small difference.

Yeah, well and if you know what to look for, even the 44s look horrible and immediately fake once you see one.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14