• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

el_assamite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/10
Thanks guys for your feedbacks.

I will then follow your advise, buy this version, and probably wait a future updated version (please JF, listen to us!!!).

Guys, I live in Switzerland, and I can tell you that the 15202 is clearly the Graaf for all the AP connoisseurs.

It's a shame that factories are not putting more efforts to produce those daily watches that people really look for.
I have a Diver and can tell you that it is too much to wear it on a daily basis, only week ends. People are looking for classy and small watches here, so I am happy with my silver Gen Datejust.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Thanks guys for your feedbacks.

I will then follow your advise, buy this version, and probably wait a future updated version (please JF, listen to us!!!).

Guys, I live in Switzerland, and I can tell you that the 15202 is clearly the Graaf for all the AP connoisseurs.

It's a shame that factories are not putting more efforts to produce those daily watches that people really look for.
I have a Diver and can tell you that it is too much to wear it on a daily basis, only week ends. People are looking for classy and small watches here, so I am happy with my silver Gen Datejust.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

i think unless a factory is abled to clone the 2121 we won't see a 15202ST in the quality of the JF 15400 V3 for example... unfortunately.

I also really love the case shape and prefer the more classy look over the bulkier and sporty 15400...

I have high hopes that JF will follow the trend of slimmer concepts additional to the trend of bulky sports watches...

like you said - it is kinda like a grail to own a 15202 - so there is demand for a high end rep i guess.

Reactions: el_assamite

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Are the bezel screws for show or are they functional/removable?

Has anyone opened up the caseback to see what quartz movement is used?

On your first question, I've asked the same question and am still waiting for an answer.

The movement question, I've seen 2 different answers. One similar model from Toro Bravo claims it has a swiss Ronda movement, but I don't know if that one is from the DC factory. There was listing on M2M for the DC factory model wherein the seller described the movement as a Miyota.

There is picture on page 25 of a DC factory model with the case back removed and the movement shown. Perhaps you or someone can identify the movement.

BIONONE

28/4/17
IMG_2622d3aa7a952234ad23.jpg

Just look at this fuckery

ordered one for a friend as he insisted to want the 15202 with an automatic movement... so here you go buddy haha

Ryan confirmed that the pictures at his website (with the "better" hands) are not updated. The watches you will get if you order the 15202 from his website will be this beauty...

received a week ago, will write up a small review later.

screws are decoration on this one (costs 280$) and i assume it would not be any different on the 139$ watch from sead, but i could be wrong.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Yeah totally wrong, not even close. I mean - the shown watch on the site wasmt that nice at all but at least the over all shape of the hands matched the hour markers (yeah i know they are far away from gen)

but he confirmed that this is „the update from the factory“

Reactions: Tigerdragon

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The minute indices to the right of the date window should not be there. Unless it is a rep of a different era 15202, or maybe it's an added bonus from the rep maker, LOL. 2mm thicker than gen is too thick.

If RWI was to give an award for "Bargain Rep Of The Year", the DC factory 15202 would be my nominee.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
SuperLory thank you uploading the picture.

here I attached the photos to show the difference on the clasp’s engraved words. There is no space between “....s” and “P...” on the picture 1 and the gap of each Alphabet character is wider than the one from the following two other pictures provided by SuperLory and Tigerdragon both has the correct space in between the two words.
321d2dc586c46824fd274172230615c1.jpg
bb2b2b52cc563c401188f41494f6c484.jpg
3e3e7a251ed5552c18979e49c4fcebd8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked my QC pictures and sure enough, I got one of the bad ones. These bracelets seem to have other flaws, such as being cheap looking and a little stiff. I saw one in the M2M sales section where one end link looked like it was sunk in. Possibly due to a bad screw.

One way to fix it is to just replace it with a JF 15400 bracelet, if it fits. The JF 15400 bracelet cost about $150.00, which is more than what the DC Factory 15202 watch cost. And like I mentioned, if it fits. Or, just live with the engraved flaw, give it an oil bath and hope for the best. Then there is the rubber strap option that's available. The rubber strap could be replaced by one of those eBay Vietnamese crocodile straps, which don't cost much. A $250.00 custom made leather strap for this watch would be way too much.

I'll just have to wait for my watch to arrive to see if any work needs to be done. Hopefully none.

Reactions: vcappp

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
yeah like i said the bracelet is not good compared to the old version :D

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
I checked my QC pictures and sure enough, I got one of the bad ones. These bracelets seem to have other flaws, such as being cheap looking and a little stiff. I saw one in the M2M sales section where one end link looked like it was sunk in. Possibly due to a bad screw.

One way to fix it is to just replace it with a JF 15400 bracelet, if it fits. The JF 15400 bracelet cost about $150.00, which is more than what the DC Factory 15202 watch cost. And like I mentioned, if it fits. Or, just live with the engraved flaw, give it an oil bath and hope for the best. Then there is the rubber strap option that's available. The rubber strap could be replaced by one of those eBay Vietnamese crocodile straps, which don't cost much. A $250.00 custom made leather strap for this watch would be way too much.

I'll just have to wait for my watch to arrive to see if any work needs to be done. Hopefully none.

Bro with all due respect it's $150 and you moaning about something no one on the planet will see!! I mean really!! Sometimes I think there is zero perspective on here.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Daft_Punk

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Bro with all due respect it's $150 and you moaning about something no one on the planet will see!! I mean really!! Sometimes I think there is zero perspective on here.

Sent from the RWI App

Not at all moaning, if you have read this thread you'll find others have found other flaws with the bracelet besides the engravings. You need not comment if you have nothing constructive to add.

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
Well just so we are on the same page I have read the whole thread and it sounds like moaning as it seems like a key point your harping on and again no one is going to see it and it's a buck fifty. All I'm saying is prospective!! If you disagree God bless ya but I'm entitled to my opinion. Y'all have a great evening.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: SuperLory

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
If in fact you read this thread, you would have noticed that I was replying to someone else's post who wrote about the flaws and offered pictured evidence. I simply was offering solutions to correct the problems. Good night.