• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

Funtimezz

18/1/16
I just spoke too Ryan and paid him a few days back. The noob 9 is out of stock. For all who have it in stock. Is it possible you can PM me please. I need one just too review. I will give you a brand new one when I get it or I offer you a free rolex crown. I would love to have my real 116610 and my all real 16610 minus the V6s case and this noob V9 and the ARF all at once. please.

^ That would be a freakin' insane review

GaijinG

Horology Curious
9/5/18
Texas USA
I just spoke too Ryan and paid him a few days back. The noob 9 is out of stock. For all who have it in stock. Is it possible you can PM me please. I need one just too review. I will give you a brand new one when I get it or I offer you a free rolex crown. I would love to have my real 116610 and my all real 16610 minus the V6s case and this noob V9 and the ARF all at once. please.

I got an email from him today saying it was in stock? I was going to put an order in ????

Bartsimpson01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/12/14
France
Just got news from Edward (puretime) saying that SA3135 LN are not available yet anymore... He proposes exchange for A2836 or LV... gonna wait

Pombok

12/1/17
This is an exciting time! A breakthrough for the 6 digit subs. Once ARF comes to the table with its final versions and we compare with the new noobs, I am going to buy all 3, 116610 (+LV) and the 114060.

I hope ARF gets the rehaut engraving better, Noob’s is good!

Surgeonmd

21/1/17
Any thoughts? Would this be a v9?
df83d0a7a66d2ce0b7263a84233bf553.jpg
bd18eb03d92228959bda29eb796c27a2.jpg
b58c81f57b87e3fca280800eb265f885.jpg
e00e3336ee0a0e5dda3987fd802caaee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I have the ARF. The rehaut engraving is spot on. The clicks and the clasp is still cheep feeling.

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

isitreal?

Looking Around
21/6/17
Hi,

long time lurker here. First of all hello to everyone, really appreciate the information, insights and reviews on the site, especially from experts like smoke e.g., regarding the Submariner.

I also got my QC pictures and still can't really figure out, if this is the real V9 when I look at the lugs. Since there seems to be interest anyway to find out, which TD has the real V9, I will post my QC pictures as well.

TD is puretime here

My thoughts on this :

Sel looks like a V9? Maybe someone can help out. Since this is will be my first rep, I really would appreciate insights from people and of course of smoke Thank you!

First possible flaws I see are the off centered DW (bit to the left?) and quite thick, more like the old ARF. Also the pearl looks quite big and a bit off to the left. Crown at 12h position on the rehault a lil bit left maybe as well. Bezel maybe scratched left to the 55 marker, maybe dirt (guess I have to get another picture to tell, if that is the real V9).

One last question: Is the last picture an actual water proof test? Are those legit and reliable tests?

Here are the picture

Keep it coming. Thks!

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Hi,

long time lurker here. First of all hello to everyone, really appreciate the information, insights and reviews on the site, especially from experts like smoke e.g., regarding the Submariner.

I also got my QC pictures and still can't really figure out, if this is the real V9 when I look at the lugs. Since there seems to be interest anyway to find out, which TD has the real V9, I will post my QC pictures as well.

TD is puretime here

My thoughts on this :

Sel looks like a V9? Maybe someone can help out. Since this is will be my first rep, I really would appreciate insights from people and of course of smoke Thank you!

First possible flaws I see are the off centered DW (bit to the left?) and quite thick, more like the old ARF. Also the pearl looks quite big and a bit off to the left. Crown at 12h position on the rehault a lil bit left maybe as well. Bezel maybe scratched left to the 55 marker, maybe dirt (guess I have to get another picture to tell, if that is the real V9).

One last question: Is the last picture an actual water proof test? Are those legit and reliable tests?

Here are the picture

Inked_IMG_0335_LI.jpg

Inked_IMG_0336_LI.jpg

Inked_IMG_0337_LI.jpg

Inked_IMG_0339_LI.jpg

Inked_IMG_0340_LI.jpg

Inked_IMG_0341_LI.jpg

Inked_IMG_0342_LI.jpg

Inked_IMG_0505_LI.jpg

Inked_IMG_0511_LI.jpg

Keep it coming. Thks!

This looks like the v8

let me explain Some thing alot of dealers are now changing there minds and saying the v8 v8s and v9 are the same watch
this is my take on that I don't belive that at all but if some tds want to say it the same watch then so be it .but there are clear differences
remember the noob v7 there were actually 4 diffent version.but were all called the v7 .tds could not tell the diffence and assumed all v7 were v7
but the original v7 has perfect cg but square lugs
the next v7 was super rare and had bperfect lugs and cg
then the next batch rare aslo had perfect lugs but pointy rounded cg
then the final batch had square lugs and pointed round cg

so if some tds and people want to call the v9 the v8 that cool but remeber there are 3 versions
and the best version is the one Ryan and chasing have listed as the v9
no I don't work for them they don't give me discount or even free watches to review and return.yes they should because of the crazy amount of promoting im doing for them and sending a shit ton of buisness there way
but I had to put that in before the trolls start talking shit lol

my main td is Angus and Andrew but the v9 watches I'm seeing from them are not this new upgraded case sel and bezel version

Bruninho98

Horology Curious
10/10/17
This looks like the v8

let me explain Some thing alot of dealers are now changing there minds and saying the v8 v8s and v9 are the same watch
this is my take on that I don't belive that at all but if some tds want to say it the same watch then so be it .but there are clear differences
remember the noob v7 there were actually 4 diffent version.but were all called the v7 .tds could not tell the diffence and assumed all v7 were v7

so if some tds and people want to call the v9 the v8 that cool but remeber there are 3 versions
no I don't work for them they don't give me discount or even free watches to review and return.yes they should because of the crazy amount of promoting im doing for them and sending a shit ton of buisness there way

my main td is Angus and Andrew but the v9 watches I'm seeing from them are not this new upgraded case sel and bezel version

Yes, looks like v8, look at the date, too thick. Easily spottable.

Fusebox

Horology Curious
7/6/17
Date has nothing to do with it.some come with diffent date disc

smoke I just bought V9 from toro, awaiting QC pics very soon. Is it ok if i send them to you and you can tell me wether its v8 or v9? From what i understand, TD dont see the difference?

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
My guess is with popular models like the Sub dealers probably order in a few at a time.

If they received say 10 of ones with the boxier lugs and rounded SEL than they are still going to push them as the latest and greatest.

I’m not one for getting hooked up on versions. We know this is something we’ve dreamed up and the TD’s entertain us with but clearly there is a visible difference between what Ryan has and is calling V9 to what the other dealers are calling V8/V8s.

The cases are clearly different at the very least.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
smoke I just bought V9 from toro, awaiting QC pics very soon. Is it ok if i send them to you and you can tell me wether its v8 or v9? From what i understand, TD dont see the difference?

No need people have allready shown the qc pics from Toro

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
My guess is with popular models like the Sub dealers probably order in a few at a time.

If they received say 10 of ones with the boxier lugs and rounded SEL than they are still going to push them as the latest and greatest.

I’m not one for getting hooked up on versions. We know this is something we’ve dreamed up and the TD’s entertain us with but clearly there is a visible difference between what Ryan has and is calling V9 to what the other dealers are calling V8/V8s.

The cases are clearly different at the very least.

Bingo this is what I've been saying from day 1

charlieuk!

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/18
This looks like the v8

As any other dealer, Ryan could easily get a few of these nice "v9's" and also a few of the "V8's" from his distributor or also some mix match V8/V9's.

The dealers are just that, dealers, they're at mercy of what is supplied to them.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
As any other dealer, Ryan could easily get a few of these nice "v9's" and also a few of the "V8's" from his distributor or also some mix match V8/V9's.

The dealers are just that, dealers, they're at mercy of what is supplied to them.

No it's just a conisidance that Ryan and chasing both have the true upgraded sub.lets not call it v9 .call it upgraded sub.

the factorys probbly just send a ton of the old batch to the other tds

ApOffshore

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/16
@smoke
v9 for sure? so confused with all the versions

dkFzBMA.jpg