• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Breguet coming in April

JasonGSD

Known Member
6/6/13
Considering the cost of this rep and the fact that the movement can't be repaired, what's everyone's thoughts on the movement? I'm worried I'm going to have to trash this in 6 months.

smacktard

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
Bad news, I received my custom strap but the watchmaker was unable to remove the "buckle" of the factory strap, there is one screw on the side, he turned it but it doesnt leave or offer resistence. There is a dot thingy on the other side. Is this some known secret or thing? Turning the screw just turns the other side of the "bar".

Last edited:

mr.minhghi

13/2/17
Bad news, I received my custom strap but the watchmaker was unable to remove the "buckle" of the factory strap, there is one screw on the side, he turned it but it doesnt leave or offer resistence. There is a dot thingy on the other side. Is this some known secret or thing? Turning the screw just turns the other side of the "bar".

To smacktard,
Bro, its a springbar inside, the screw was just fake to make it look like genuine.

Last edited:

smacktard

6/12/17
I dont see any of the indentures that a spring bar has, and nothing I do will shorten its length. So can someone please tell me the secret?

Last edited:

smacktard

6/12/17
The screw is only on one end, the other end is a round thingy that cannot be stopped. My view after looking is that the buckle cannot be replaced, so I have to order a generic replacement in as close a Rose Gold color as possible.

loukasvyntra

19/2/16
Can anyone tell me here or via pm a TD that has this (black dial SS) currently in stock? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Reactions: rlxsub

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
Can anyone tell me here or via pm a TD that has this (black dial SS) currently in stock? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

I was told it was in stock by puretime early last month, and I'm still waiting for QC pictures. Every time I email them I get the same answer "please wait a couple of days". My assumption is that there is a lot of demand and/or quality issues.

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
Loooong ago. Here are the QC pictures. Still waiting for QC pics for another watch on the same order.

GEyJOKN.jpg

w5PgXrU.jpg

zdGiXs8.jpg

Tr06CsV.jpg

kjBshuc.jpg

QQOohq6.jpg

uyhMfzX.jpg

JVxEEWH.jpg

XcH4T8w.jpg

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Doud do you think it’s significant? If it’s close and I won’t notice then it’s fine. I just don’t like the feeling of those cheap light as air replicas.

I remember trying on a gen and it was not heavy at all..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoyania

15/4/16
I was told it was in stock by puretime early last month, and I'm still waiting for QC pictures. Every time I email them I get the same answer "please wait a couple of days". My assumption is that there is a lot of demand and/or quality issues.

my guess would be on the quality side. dont really think lots of demand for this watch. please let us know when you finally receive it

smacktard

6/12/17
The item is precious, it is my new favorite. Quality is so good I cant figure out how they repped this. Finally got a black lizard Camille Fournet strap for it. I should have gotten a square scaled alligator band as that is more genuine, but still. It is lighter because it is open worked. If you want heavy, try a milgauss. Demand for Tradition should not be that low or else they wouldnt have come out with a second version, no?

Reactions: vcappp

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
The item is precious, it is my new favorite. Quality is so good I cant figure out how they repped this. Finally got a black lizard Camille Fournet strap for it. I should have gotten a square scaled alligator band as that is more genuine, but still. It is lighter because it is open worked. If you want heavy, try a milgauss. Demand for Tradition should not be that low or else they wouldnt have come out with a second version, no?

Where did you get that strap? Should I just contact the regular strap makers? Do they have the correct measurements etc? I'm still waiting for mine, but, considering how people have commented on the quality of the rep strap, I should be thinking of getting a custom one ASAP.

Also, if you have any photos of the watch (with or without the new strap) please feel free to share.

smacktard

6/12/17
It's 21mm Lug Width. The buckle (i think 16mm but it doesnt matter as) it can't be reused, so you need a replacement with one included or get one cheap on ebay that matches the shade of red gold used. I used freda watch straps, they have options for custom ones. I also get custom as I have smaller than average wrists.

I like Camille Fournet, they are the OEM maker for Breguet. But there's also this one that is haute quality

https://www.abpparis.com/shop/Classi...tor_p1698.html
https://www.abpparis.com/shop/Classi...tor_p1700.html

Note that they dont have rose gold buckle you would have to buy it separately.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/StrapsCo-Stainless-Steel-Watch-Strap-Band-Tang-Buckle-Part/162336650685

Reactions: vcappp

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Are you 100% sure the buckle can’t be swapped?! It doesn’t make sense, they had to get it onto the strap somehow... maybe other members can chime in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk