• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM Release Waiting Room

repmania

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/4/18
United Kingdom
What I said above - the RM reps are an incorrect shape to the gens....the case on the reps is a different shape - get it now?

Aquanautilus

Renowned Member
23/9/16
These RM REPS are not the correct shape? The original shape of the watch is totally different to the reps?

Case is correct.
Hands might be off...but maybe it's just me. Sadly I've never seen one in person.

Edit: Do you mean the mesurements?

Eseips

5/4/16
What I said above - the RM reps are an incorrect shape to the gens....the case on the reps is a different shape - get it now?

Unless you give any sources or do a rep vs.gen report with telling pictures i would say this is meaningless. I don´t know of anyone who has ever held a rep and a genuine side by side or measured a gen for it´s dimensions vs those of a rep. however, if you can prove your statement please go for it.
of cause the rm11 is a bit thicker due to the 7750 and decorations but just one or two millimeters I guess. there´s a handful people on the planet who have ever seen or held one and not one of those persons cares about RM-reps.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

Your argumentation lacks in every way.

The last thing i remember was you asking for the best RM rep to buy t the moment and now a bit later you come up with some statements like this... smh

As the gentlemen above me already mentioned - please give us a source for your so called knowledge...

And please don't be irritated by photos taken with different cameras, different lenses and so different distortion due to those different lenses.

BIONONE

28/4/17
repmania - i see what you did there - you are the guy that is questioning vintage/ or older gen watches to be gen because of the "build quality" haha

I have no questions at this point, thanks haha

Reactions: repmania

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Could you please upload anything else? pics, info´s, whatever? checking this forum like every 5 seconds for updates

lol sure :) It looks pretty cool but it's not as good as the upcoming zf's

P3pDtu7.jpg

e5AB9ck.jpg

CT7ZZGQ.jpg

rkMqiWx.jpg

eWnAKGM.jpg

Eseips

5/4/16
lol sure :) It looks pretty cool but it's not as good as the upcoming zf's

P3pDtu7.jpg

e5AB9ck.jpg

CT7ZZGQ.jpg

rkMqiWx.jpg

eWnAKGM.jpg

hmm the other pics looked pretty nice because they werent showing the details but well... not as detailed as i hoped and it would drive me insane with the rm52 to not have a balance wheel in the jaw of the skull like the genuine one. the case is nice though. about "upcoming", any idea about the timeframe we´re talking about?

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
hmm the other pics looked pretty nice because they werent showing the details but well... not as detailed as i hoped and it would drive me insane with the rm52 to not have a balance wheel in the jaw of the skull like the genuine one. the case is nice though. about "upcoming", any idea about the timeframe we´re talking about?

lol I've actually mentioned many times (legit at least 4-5 times) in this thread about the releasing date of the zf's rm. ZF RM052 - should be releasing within 2 months, since the prototype of the case and the dial is 90% ready. ZF RM011 - Q4 of this year with different colours and case variants.

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
2 mounths for zf rm052? I can't wait. :picard:

Last edited:

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
The skull model looks like crap either way. Why would they waste resources on that?

BIONONE

28/4/17
The skull model looks like crap either way. Why would they waste resources on that?

Was wondering the same... Why put all that effort when they aren't even abled to replicate the shape of the skull correctly. It is a shame. Better improve their NTPT structure or work on a skeletonized movement haha

But no - they keep repping some fantasy models not to mention the rotor underneath the skull - on a Handwound watch... The same like on the RM55...
Not that of a big deal to remove the automatic module and slim down the case - even that would be possible haha

Funtimezz

18/1/16

Actually hate to break it out to you all but repmania is 100% correct. The RM reps currently out by KVF the bezel and case construction are completely off the GEN and unfortunately once you see it you will never be able to unsee it...

BIONONE

28/4/17
Actually hate to break it out to you all but repmania is 100% correct. The RM reps currently out by KVF the bezel and case construction are completely off the GEN and unfortunately once you see it you will never be able to unsee it...

As I've mentioned before it is difficult by judging from different pictures taken with different lenses. But i get your point.
Movement limitations lead the factories to compromise and we have to swallow the pill that the fat A7750 is not as slim as the RM005 with the DD module on top...

But to call the KVF's shape "totally different" without a source is kinda wobbly IMHO and it is a difference in which context those things are stated and by whom - you know what i mean.

I don't wanted to flame around. It was a hard day haha :D

Funtimezz

18/1/16
As I've mentioned before it is difficult by judging from different pictures taken with different lenses. But i get your point.
Movement limitations lead the factories to compromise and we have to swallow the pill that the fat A7750 is not as slim as the RM005 with the DD module on top...

But to call the KVF's shape "totally different" without a source is kinda wobbly IMHO and it is a difference in which context those things are stated and by whom - you know what i mean.

I don't wanted to flame around. It was a hard day haha :D

Sorry I meant to follow up on my claim but I been spending all morning making a massive sales thread purge lol. It is not even the thickness of the case that really bothers me. It is the shape of the bezel itself, the screw placements AND the screw sizing...
I will show you what I mean in just a moment.

Reactions: rwileo

Funtimezz

18/1/16
So let me explain, when you see a KVF rep of the RM 011 at first, everything looks pretty much right, but the longer you look at gen pictures the more you can start to tell that there is just something wrong with the KVF and why's that? Well if you look at the overall case and bezel assembly really closely...you can see that it is actually much different.

First let's talk about the bezel itself in comparison with the size of the crystal. You can see on the gen, the width of the crystal is actually wider than the KVF. The gen also looks that way due to having due to the dial being more curved which leads me to my next point.

The reason why the gen dial looks to be not only wider but deeper is due to the curvature of the gen case. The gen seems to have much more of a curvature to the bezel and case as opposed to KVF.
I can prove this also by looking at the two screws on the top and bottom of the bezel. You can't even see the screw head of the screws under 7 and 5 because of how curved the bottom of the case is. On the KVF you can clearly see the screw heads of the bottom two screws because the bezel is much less curved than the gen. Knowing this, the overall bezel and case of the KVF now just looks so much more flat to me and in doing so, it makes the entire watch look shorter in height and fatter... and talking about fatter... if you look closely at the bezel screw placements of the KVF (this time not the top or bottom two screws but the four screws on each side of the case) you can see that the screws placements are not placed directly in the middle between the edge of the bezel and the dial. It is placed just a little bit further away from the dial and closer to the bezel edge. On the gen it is placed directly in the middle.

Last thing, the bezel screws on the KVF also seems a tiny bit bigger in size than the gen, making it seem even fatter.

Simply put, the bezel on the KVF rep is WIDER and SHORTER than the gen. It is also flatter and has less curvature than the gen. The screws also seem a tad bit larger.
In conclusion: that "somethings a little bit off" aspect of the KVF RM 011 rep is just that it looks a bit fatter than gen. I am really hoping ZF nails the case to 1:1 as that is one of the biggest thing I am looking for in a RM rep to really get an idea as to how the gen RMs sit on your wrist.

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
So let me explain, when you see a KVF rep of the RM 011 at first, everything looks pretty much right, but the longer you look at gen pictures the more you can start to tell that there is just something wrong with the KVF and why's that? Well if you look at the overall case and bezel assembly really closely...you can see that it is actually much different.

First let's talk about the bezel itself in comparison with the size of the crystal. You can see on the gen, the width of the crystal is actually wider than the KVF. The gen also looks that way due to having due to the dial being more curved which leads me to my next point.

The reason why the gen dial looks to be not only wider but deeper is due to the curvature of the gen case. The gen seems to have much more of a curvature to the bezel and case as opposed to KVF.
I can prove this also by looking at the two screws on the top and bottom of the bezel. You can't even see the screw head of the screws under 7 and 5 because of how curved the bottom of the case is. On the KVF you can clearly see the screw heads of the bottom two screws because the bezel is much less curved than the gen. Knowing this, the overall bezel and case of the KVF now just looks so much more flat to me and in doing so, it makes the entire watch look shorter in height and fatter... and talking about fatter... if you look closely at the bezel screw placements of the KVF (this time not the top or bottom two screws but the four screws on each side of the case) you can see that the screws placements are not placed directly in the middle between the edge of the bezel and the dial. It is placed just a little bit further away from the dial and closer to the bezel edge. On the gen it is placed directly in the middle.

Last thing, the bezel screws on the KVF also seems a tiny bit bigger in size than the gen, making it seem even fatter.

Simply put, the bezel on the KVF rep is WIDER and SHORTER than the gen. It is also flatter and has less curvature than the gen. The screws also seem a tad bit larger.
In conclusion: that "somethings a little bit off" aspect of the KVF RM 011 rep is just that it looks a bit fatter than gen. I am really hoping ZF nails the case to 1:1 as that is one of the biggest thing I am looking for in a RM rep to really get an idea as to how the gen RMs sit on your wrist.

great stuff right there :)