• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Want a better sub... Work for it.

therebel

Renowned Member
10/1/07
I just picked up a new one from Elliot on my last bb order, i know he will sell it to you.

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
A friend I met here suggested mothers car/chrome polish and I have to say, it is absolutely amazing stuff. It is much better then wd-40 and the cape cod cloth. Mothers will make your watch absolutely shine like its brand spanking new, out of the box, gen-erific, scratch free.

Its great stuff!

felipe56

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/07
repliking said:
WackoBirdKeeper said:
Very good point and very true. I polish my watches and they come out great. It just takes a little elbow grease, some WD-40m and an old toothbrush and toothpaste. What a difference.

Toothpaste?? Toothbrush?? Tell me more WBK :wink:

I have been using toothpaste for years to clean necklaces, rings, watches etc. something my mother taught me. It works well but I am willing to try some of the products mention here.

PS. don't use replica toothpaste from China because it can fxcking kill you!

Felipe56

The sandpit

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
:D

I recently had to go to the hospital. I got poisoned from licking my Tonka truck.

mcloud

31/7/07
Great cleaning advice here. I have been using toothpaste for some time now to clean a variety of different materials and works well on metal. I recently had to go to the hospital too, as I cleaned my car wheels with a toothbrush and when I went to clean my teeth afterwards.....yeeaaaaarrrrrggghhh!!! [smilie=brushteeth.gif]

joeyz400

I saved a ton of $$$
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/8/06
Don't make this mistake!!!
preperationhuu9.png

mcloud

31/7/07
Preparation H is very good for your eye bags - works a treat, as long as it doesn't go in your eyes. This was a tip I learned from Joan Collins.

[smilie=crybaby2.gif]

deacon

Horology Curious
28/7/06
This might sound silly, but after you use toothpaste, or carwax ect.. on your braselet how do yiou get all the stuff off? I have a Seadweller I would like to do this to but the stuff would get caught in the hollow mid links, wouldn't it? How ould you get it all out/off the watch? Just something I thought about.

"A friend I met here suggested mothers car/chrome polish and I have to say, it is absolutely amazing stuff. It is much better then wd-40 and the cape cod cloth. Mothers will make your watch absolutely shine like its brand spanking new, out of the box, gen-erific, scratch free."

I have some of this, antone else use this stuff?

But, if I go to Ace hardware and get the Cape Cod cloth, do I need to use a medium to polish with this cloth. Thanks guys.

bigdaddyo

3/8/07
WBK: when you say soak in WD40 - I only know this stuff to come in the spray cans. Does it come in a liquid form too?

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
You can buy wd-40 in bulk, but most probably just spray it into a baggy.

LastDiplomat

28/6/07
Random Tip:
Toothpaste (the paste not gel kind) also removes cup ring stains from wood surfaces.
It's essentially a gentle abrasive.

patrick8

18/1/09
try EAGLE ONE original NEVER DULL. wadding polish from wallmart in the automotive section. very cheap! :D

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
I'm a big fan of capecod cloths.. and an inside out buy sock :)
wipe well with the capecod cloth, then put ur hand into the inside out sock *(or one on each hand) and then wipe the hell out of the watch.
'
The socks will turn black and need a good washing, but well worth it.
Done it to all my watches and it gives it a whole new level of beauty !

RoxRep

Horology Curious
6/3/09
supermanx said:
I buy a lot of used reps, and it seems they are never oiled and/or polished. You would be amazed what 30 minutes will make. Reps when they come from the factory are dirty... Here are some pictures after a good cleaning and a little bit of touch up with a cape cod.

Compare the dull gunmetal appearance of the rep band, very little shine unlike the brilliance of gen.

polish_1.jpg

polish_2.jpg

polish_3.jpg

YEP YEPP YEEEEEEPPPPP It can loooook sooo mych better with some polishing, i actually got amazied i just like my sd more just for the greate shine look now! it looks better comparing ti the gen alsow

patrick8

18/1/09
i have heard good and bad things about cape cod cloths. like it will wear the finish off. some BMW german car wax products may work very well? try bavarian auto sports. all replica watches need some type of car wax applied from the very first day!