• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

my Ruby36MM (discontinued model)

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
What you guys think about this sexy girl? It's one of my favorites BUT for some reason, it's not getting wrist time... weird. Almost like a trophy wife at home but not actually taken out to outings (don't tell my real wife, she'll beat my ass). IF, and that's a IF, I were to sell this, what would be a good price? Acid sold his for $375+shipping apparently, but he had a $75 strap. My strap shown is a distressed Paw Marker, which I think is one of the best out there, especially for the money.

Just general comments and flames welcome.

P1010216.jpg

P1010222.jpg

P1010233.jpg

P1010221.jpg

P1010202.jpg

P1010195.jpg

NAVIGATER

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/10/06
It is a nice wath i got the same from ruby and it is also not getting wrist time at the moment, dont know why.
Maybe it is becasue the watch is to light on my wrist.
But it is agreat combo whit the strap.
Dont know what you could ask about the watch but is it the older version or the newer one from ruby??

Greetings Navi :wink:

NAVIGATER

Banned
31/10/06
Ah you edited your posting hehe.

You can ask what the buyer will spend but i would go for 350$ max

Greetings Navi :wink:

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
lol...very light for your wrist ..so put it in the box..or not just sell it

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
I really don't understand the fascination of the "old stock" reps. Sure some were good. But they are still inaccurate. Also, you can still get this model from Trevor. And his price is $185 shipped. So I don't know why anyone would pay over that for a used watch. The reason acid sold his watch for that is because of the hype and ignorant people.

Gill777

Give me 47mm and sandwich dials all day
14/8/07
USA
Great looking time teller, and strap! I dont think you can get what its worth to you! So just wear it!

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
So, what's different about the old 036 compared to the new?

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
@tootall: I agree for the most part. Only things are that Trevor's is Asian and this one is Swiss, with thicker crown, and no recess pin. I guess it would be no different than getting a swiss 36 and modding it; tomAto, tomaato.

I also agree that it's worth what I think it's worth... sexy on my wrist. I only came up with the question because of the non-wrist time... then again, I know once this sucker goes, I'd regret it.

optimus_prime

Banned
3/7/07
I have a Ruby and Trevor had sent me his pictures and indeed the crown is much better. Personally, the Swiss movement alone will warrant the price, but aesthetically the bigger crown helps A LOT.

austin870

Known Member
15/5/07
Are we positive Trevors is an Asian movement? It looks like it could be the Swiss without the Swan neck at my first glance. He does not say in his description and he has that in some of his other watches. That could have a bearing on your price setting.

At $375 people are looking at Davidson, strap or no strap.

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
Nice one mate,
and as you pointed out, these have been discontinued for almost a month, now. I searched high and low for one for a mate of mine thru many dealers, to no avail...it's the particular maker who has discontinued this 'old-style' 036 model, and it has nothing to do with the dealers themselves.

All the 036 MM now come in the slightly diferent new-style case, some are Asian mov't powered and some Swiss, the dial is different also, it's the thick standard one, not thin as in "Ruby's" 036. It also has a characteristic purple A/R hue, the new ones come with standard blue.

Also, old Ruby's 036 doesn't need high-pin upgrade as the dial is much thinner. Dial needs a relume though, but that's not currently on my priority list.

Now get it back on your wrist ! :)

BTW, careful with those pics you receive from dealers, guys - they most likely show the 'old' rep, and the actual watch you receive may end up being somewhat different. But if you've received the pic of your watch from Ruby, rest assured - that's the watch you'll be getting for sure.

cheers,
babola

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
drfcfighter said:
@tootall: I agree for the most part. Only things are that Trevor's is Asian and this one is Swiss, with thicker crown, and no recess pin. I guess it would be no different than getting a swiss 36 and modding it; tomAto, tomaato.

I also agree that it's worth what I think it's worth... sexy on my wrist. I only came up with the question because of the non-wrist time... then again, I know once this sucker goes, I'd regret it.

Hey man,

I know for sure he has this exact model. The old factory one. It's the same as Ruby's old one. He bought quite a few of them and still has some. It has no recessed pin and it is Swiss Movement.

sweet

14/4/07
drfcfighter said:

I stand with Tootall. Trevor is Swiss Unitas with thicker crown and no recess pin. It comes out from factory this way. Ruby didn't mod it.
babola said:
Nice one mate,
and as you pointed out, these have been discontinued for almost a month, now. I searched high and low for one for a mate of mine thru many dealers, to no avail...it's the particular maker who has discontinued this 'old-style' 036 model, and it has nothing to do with the dealers themselves.

All the 036 MM now come in the slightly diferent new-style case, some are Asian mov't powered and some Swiss, the dial is different also, it's the thick standard one, not thin as in "Ruby's" 036. It also has a characteristic purple A/R hue, the new ones come with standard blue.

Also, old Ruby's 036 doesn't need high-pin upgrade as the dial is much thinner. Dial needs a relume though, but that's not currently on my priority list.

Now get it back on your wrist ! :)

BTW, careful with those pics you receive from dealers, guys - they most likely show the 'old' rep, and the actual watch you receive may end up being somewhat different. But if you've received the pic of your watch from Ruby, rest assured - that's the watch you'll be getting for sure.

cheers,
babola

Trevor's 036 has purple AR. Ask anyone that bought it from Trevor.

Even though the factory closed down, Trevor can still supply 036 because Trevor doesn't get them from the factory. Ruby probably got it straight from the factory.

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
tootall said:
Hey man,

I know for sure he has this exact model. The old factory one. It's the same as Ruby's old one. He bought quite a few of them and still has some. It has no recessed pin and it is Swiss Movement.

now that I look at the picture, you're right about no rec pin and thick crown, but he claims it Asian (look at the title)

http://www.trevorstore.info/index.php?m ... cts_id=270

Do you think he put old photos on, or is it possible Ruby gave me an Asian and sold it off as Swiss? I seriously doubt this is the case, but Trevor has been honest with me too, so maybe it's the Asian older bridge engines are well-made? Or, he just doesn't know that it's Swiss? IDK. Now I'm confused... :? :? :?

P.S. Once again, it's probably going back on my wrist and I was just curious of the value! Don't pick on me!!! LOL :oops: :lol: :lol:

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
LOL actually you tripled ;)

His description says Asian, but that's actually a Swiss. He needs to update the description. But he will send pics of what you will get, and I have seen pics of the actual 036's he has, so they are the exact same as Ruby's. That's why I couldn't figure out why everyone was making a big stink over this model, when a couple dealers I know of still have it at under $200.

There is a thread right now in trade/dealer review that shows this "old" factory 036.

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
tootall said:
LOL actually you tripled ;)

His description says Asian, but that's actually a Swiss. He needs to update the description. But he will send pics of what you will get, and I have seen pics of the actual 036's he has, so they are the exact same as Ruby's. That's why I couldn't figure out why everyone was making a big stink over this model, when a couple dealers I know of still have it at under $200.

There is a thread right now in trade/dealer review that shows this "old" factory 036.

Oh, Wowsers! Maybe I should buy a few more of these and stock up :lol: ; it's a killer deal at below 200 for Swiss PAM with no recess and such thick crown! You're giving me an idea here, and my wife will probably hate you for it, :lol: