• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Paypal note.

pamfried

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/8/06
Am having a strap sales currently, a member(not gonna name anyone here) bought a strap and paypal me the money.

Everythings cool... except that... in the Paypal note he put down:

' strap for *** on replica-watch.info forum............

Any idea if some shit is gonna happen to my PP acc? :(

italiano17771

Renowned Member
5/5/07
thats just plain stupid!!! the word on the street is that mentioning "replica" in the subject is a no-no. dont know exactly what will happen though.

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
What a dumb ass! You probably wont have a problem, but it still sucks. What was he or she thinking?

georgegrasser

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/07
Can't you have him go into his account and edit the message?
He is buying a strap for a watch he already owns so it is hard to tell if PayPal would have a problem with this transaction. But then again, people do what they want.

cableguy

Known Member
30/6/07
pull out ALL your money NOW. cause if paypal freezes your acct, your funds are gone.

pamfried

Banned
23/8/06
Thanks everyone on your advices

not really angry with the buyer(he mayb ignorant about such things) but i guess i should pull everything out from my acc!!

georgegrasser

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/07
Well you should be. We have an ignoramus here in the US.
He is our President.
They cause a lot of trouble.

ssalxpanerai

Renowned Member
25/10/06
Well the strap is not replica anyway. He used it for replica watch. It is his privilege. I think it does not make sense to me if Paypal will act becusae it is strap, not watch. If this bad thing happens to you, then anyone can put any replica word on any transaction, then Paypal will be collasped.

jimjen178

Known Member
16/2/07
I hate to hear this kind of stuff..

I use Paypal all the time..People being stupid hurts all of us.

vbarrett

24/6/07
georgegrasser said:
He is our President.

Oh God...

Anyway, whomever did that needs to apologise to you, how ever innocent the person may have been, and pull that payment IMMEDIATELY.

As an aside, two dealers on eBayer who often sell me "OEM" Panerai stuff have had their IDs suspended THIS VERY DAY. I just wrote to one who confirmed that they cracked down on him for that, and the other intimated it.

When they suspend your PP account, it's for life, as you know...this is why with regret, I won't sell my stuff on rep forums. :(

Good luck!

cableguy

Known Member
30/6/07
^ this is why if you sell your stuff. you tell them EXACTLY what to write in the subject and note....

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
georgegrasser said:
He is our President.

If our president is an ignoramus, what hope do we have???

Assume nothing, carefully spell out everything, as if you're telling a child, and then have them repeat it back.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
cableguy said:
^ this is why if you sell your stuff. you tell them EXACTLY what to write in the subject and note....

+1 to this...

If I ever decide to sell anything here via paypal... I'll be sending an invoice with seperate CLEAR instructions to add nothing to the invoice and to send a seperate email or pm with shipping information.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
just always keep you account....as low on funds as possible. i use paypal....i buy computer-parts, digi cams,
car spare parts, mountain bike parts, etc.

no problem..... i also run my moneybookers account simultaneously.

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
What worries me is not about the money or freezing of account, coz these won't happen. It's understood the transaction is for the strap. However, I worry about putting "replica-watch.info" on the notes. It's frozen as a lead to our illegal playground.

pamfried

Banned
23/8/06
OHHH...

seraphe said:
What worries me is not about the money or freezing of account, coz these won't happen. It's understood the transaction is for the strap. However, I worry about putting "replica-watch.info" on the notes. It's frozen as a lead to our illegal playground.

That sounds bad... let me see if anything can be edited from the buyer's end..

So far my PP acc is running fine(keepin fingers crossed!!).

Cheers!!

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
seraphe said:

yes that bothers me also.

why would anybody leave any money in there pp acc? i don't leave a damn thing in it and if i sell anything here it is with wu only.

razerreg

26/7/06
:shock: dam thats some horseshit bro! why do people not read stickys and have a little bit of common sense. people these days :roll:

pamfried

Banned
23/8/06
Yea

hk45ca said:
seraphe said:

yes that bothers me also.

why would anybody leave any money in there pp acc? i don't leave a damn thing in it and if i sell anything here it is with wu only.

normally i don't leave anything in my PP but its becos i'm having a sale i would prefer to do a 1 time large withdrawal rather than withdrawing everytime someone PPs me...

Yea i never feel safe leaving any funds in there too....