• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So... I bought it back!

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
A few months ago I had a "blonde moment" and sold this watch to a friend. I was also stupid enough to sell my brother's version to another member. But no worries, my friend was nice enough to sell it back. So after quite a while I have this extremely nice and classic rep back on my wrist.

To celebrate that I took a new studio shot of the watch. Enjoy! ;)

xx.jpg

D

d4m.test

Beautiful. Watch out for those "blonde moments". Think you can buy your GMT back?

-bk

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
bklm1234 said:
Beautiful. Watch out for those "blonde moments". Think you can buy your GMT back?

-bk

Thanks mate.

I'll just get one from you. With your mods it's even nicer. ;)

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
please let me know when you have your "blonde moment" next time! :wink: I'll buy!!! :twisted:

Jumbie

15/5/07
lol, that's pretty funny.

Glad you were able to get your watch back from your friend. I'd love to know what he said when you asked to buy it back.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
The guy I sold it wasn't a community member, but a local watch salesman (who among others sells gen Omegas). He also collects reps and has always been all over this rep... and literally bought it off my wrist.

I met him again to show my new Steelfish rep. Turns out he had bought a genuine Speedmaster Moon Watch. I thought that was the correct moment to ask... and buy my old rep back. :)

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
I always loved these! The white dial and blue hands and markers are great together!

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Beautiful Aquatimer. My wife has one and she likes it as blue is her favorite color.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Yllwtrb said:
Beautiful Aquatimer. My wife has one and she likes it as blue is her favorite color.

Thanks man... but it's not Aquatimer. It's a Speedmaster. :D

Sylar

Banned
17/1/07
By-Tor said:
Yllwtrb said:

Thanks man... but it's not Aquatimer. It's a Speedmaster. :D

:p :p :p Can you tell I had just woken up....

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
damnit bytor you are killing me with that watch!!!!! lol

i know you don't want to answer this but is there a good version of this avaliable now? i turned down a brand new gen moonphase version of this watch about 6 months ago for 4,000.00. i guess i should have bought it.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
hk45ca said:

i know you don't want to answer this but is there a good version of this avaliable now? i turned down a brand new gen moonphase version of this watch about 6 months ago for 4,000.00. i guess i should have bought it.

Yep, this isn't fully accurate rep and it's partly hybrid. I don't really mind, because the build is very solid and it has the best rep chrono movement in it (Seagull ST-19). The 7750 version isn't that great, honestly. The overall quality isn't as nice and it has the wrong subdial spacing (just like all Speedmaster reps). The dial quality isn't as good, either.

I seriously doubt we'll ever see better versions, because I think stainless steel Broad Arrow is out of production now, and we simply don't have any suitable replica chrono movement to mimic the Speedmaster spacing.

PS: The Moon Phase is quite interesting. But those are rather expensive. Buy the rep, get the same style and feel and save $3700. ;)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
By-Tor said:
hk45ca said:

Yep, this isn't fully accurate rep and it's partly hybrid. I don't really mind, because the build is very solid and it has the best rep chrono movement in it (Seagull ST-19). The 7750 version isn't that great, honestly. The overall quality isn't as nice and it has the wrong subdial spacing (just like all Speedmaster reps). The dial quality isn't as good, either.

I seriously doubt we'll ever see better versions, because I think stainless steel Broad Arrow is out of production now, and we simply don't have any suitable replica chrono movement to mimic the Speedmaster spacing.

PS: The Moon Phase is quite interesting. But those are rather expensive. Buy the rep, get the same style and feel and save $3700. ;)

do they have the correct crystal in them? i really might have to have one of these. i think the white with blue dial looks very clean and attractive.

the gen moon phase was just stunning and i really liked it. if i bought a gen of this that would probably be the one. 8)

Sylar

Banned
17/1/07
HK, the more I look at this too the more I like it. Just need to prioritize it amongst other watches as well.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
Yllwtrb said:
HK, the more I look at this too the more I like it. Just need to prioritize it amongst other watches as well.

yes, i will have to move this up on my list.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
i think this version is discontinued......andrew used to have one but not any more..... :(

i searched all the dealers but couldn't find it..... :(

they have one with the date on 6 o'clock but not this one....for some reason...even though it might be a fantasy version...i like this one better...

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Fantasy? Yes, partially. But the fact is that the original Omega Broad Arrow didn't come with the date function at all. There are lots and lots of variations of the BA Speedy. Of course the text AUTOMATIC and transparent caseback are inaccurate, but who would ever know... unless you're a real hardcore Omega expert?

Here's some different variations of the "BA theme".

IMG_5031.jpg

moon.jpg

D

d4m.test

yeah i almost traded my BA a few weeks ago. glad that i didnt. i put a NOS Speedy older style band on it and now i love it!

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
there's that moon phase!! damn i like that watch!!!

so we are stuck with the asian auto with a date window?