• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SS R0lex bracelet conditioning

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
tootall said:
I am leaning towards the silicone route, but I'm not sure if that would smell or rub off on my wrist after I was done.

Good observation. All lubricants, oil, silicone, teflon etc. will have some kind of smell to them (often added by the manufacturer). I guess depending on the person, you might find that you could get some skin irratation from the lubricant, but not likely with silicone. Some people even claim to use WD-40 as a topical skin treatment for the ease of arthritus when it is sprayed over the arthritic area.

Maxima SC-1 handles the smell issue by scenting thier spray to have a sweet orange aroma. The only problem I have found when I first spray the SC-1 is that if I am outdoors, within a few minutes, the smell will attract bees! It goes away real fast though and I like the smell.

When I use the Maxima SC-1 I find that if I buff it lightly with a soft terry cloth type towel it polishes to an almost wax like finish and is completely dry to the touch. It takes several applications to build it up, but the very thin layer of silicone is definately visible and can easily be removed with a metal polish if the metal surface starts to look too "shiny"

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
pugwash said:
Jake48 said:
Pug - First, Silicone is NOT a PTFE. PTFE is commonly refered to as "Teflon"
I was replying to amptor's comment: "if you want real oil, you might want to get something like teflon lube."

I know PTFE is Teflon and it's not an oil. That was my point. :D

Oops - missed that one. My mistake...

cyberstven

Known Member
21/5/07
Hey all, my sub was delivered to my school so im going to pick it up monday :)! I see great recommendations for conditioning the bracelet, however, I do not know if these products are available in the UK market (since i got here ive realized how many brands are different). Does anyone have any recommendations for products to look out for in the London area?