• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Angus - AWOL?

fromo1946

23/10/06
Response time

Hey, it seems like a long time but if you can't aford to wait, drop him a pm a week from now. Don't flood him with pm's everyday. He could be shopping for more items for the rest of his clients.
It's like going to Vegas, you put your money on the pass line and hope that it's a payday. I look at it like this if I wanted to get a watch right now, I'd shop at an AD. I like my reps so I shop here, sometimes the watch takes awhile to arrive then sometimes it's there in a few days.
Remember these dealers aren't going to screw up with their clients in volume, the negative feed back is too costly. Sit tight and you'l get your rep.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Could all the other people who did not receive their orders from Angus over the last ? years please post in this thread.

Thanks,
Management.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
it's not really about getting the item or not.....IMO

It's about communication skill....

3 most important rules when doing business is.......

communication, communication and communication!

that's what it's all about.

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
fromo1946,

That's the plan. I got the bright idea that he might respond to a pm more readily than email 2 days ago, and tried that for the last 2 days. I don't think he's out to screw me out of the $$, it was just suprising, him going from being very responsive to nothing. I'm heading out for the weekend, hopefully I'll hear from him next week. It is a bit bothersome that his profile shows him logging onto two of the watch forums regularly during the time he's been unable to contact me. I'm sure the watches will turn up in the end; I started this to find out if anyone else was having problems contacting him (I've received PMs indiciating this to be the case), or if anyone knows if something happened to him. I greatly appreciate the help.

clos

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/06
I paid Monday more money,, Wednesday he send a email:
Dear Sir,

Sorry for the late reply.

WIll be shipped today!

I will let you know the tracking umber tomorrow----------

Tomorrow (Thusrday) no email, no pm. And Today nothing.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Please locate the button in the upper left hand corner of your keyboard.. push it 5-10 times per day until email begins to flow again.

Maybe everyone who feels that communication could be better should pm the dealer they feel has the problem. Direct feedback from membership directly to the dealer as apposed to a topic that will be missed by most dealers would have more impact.. or.. not.. they all could be on Holiday? :?

panic-button2.jpg

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
where'd you get that keyboard D4M? :lol:

i want one of those too! :lol: panic button :lol:

but really....in this case, i think the buyer's complaint is reasonable.....

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
For sure the buyer' case is reasonable....I'd be as mad as a goldfish if this happened to me.

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
Forgot to add....I never buy from people with made up names too

ravishingrick

Horology Curious
13/5/06
On the 12th of May I ordered and payed for a watch from Angus. Since then I have sent him two PM's via rwg requesting a status update. I have recieved no respons what so ever. I am postive that Angus will come throught with a excellent watch, but on the other hand I am a disapointed with his communication. It only takes a oneliner to let someone know the status of an order is, but gives the buyer tremendous peace of mind. :(

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
I got an email from him this afternoon.
He said he was sorry for the late reply.

So, I imagine he will be getting back to you all soon as well.

Cheers,
M

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
daytona4me said:
Please locate the button in the upper left hand corner of your keyboard.. push it 5-10 times per day until email begins to flow again.

Maybe everyone who feels that communication could be better should pm the dealer they feel has the problem. Direct feedback from membership directly to the dealer as apposed to a topic that will be missed by most dealers would have more impact.. or.. not.. they all could be on Holiday? :?

panic-button2.jpg

Daytona4me, you and I are in total agreement. I did stick to the PM and email route, for 7 days. During which time his profile shows that he'd been logging onto the TRC and RWG sites - as recently as today (If I'm misunderstanding this, someone, please set me straight - I want to be wrong!). Not responding for 7 days in and of itself isn't a huge deal - things come up, maybe he did go on holiday and didn't think to mention that my $700 order would have to wait for his return. That's not great, and it's a huge switch from the numerous daily emails exchanged prior to May 10, but I'm sure my order is not the biggest thing on his plate, as it's not the biggest thing on mine. My intent in writing this was to ask if anyone was aware of anything going on with him, or if anyone else was in the same situation.

lovepanerai

28/7/06
I can certainly understand your frustration, but in all my dealings with Angus, River, Eddie, Joshua, etc. there have been times when either of them were very busy or travelling and it took quite a while for them to reply to emails.

It has been my experience that if you just wait you will eventually get a reply - emailing on a daily basis seems really over the top and certainly doesn't help Angus to work through his emails and as simple as a one liner seems to all of you if you have to write hundreds of them it becomes a big deal...

I too received an email from Angus today where he was telling me that he is incredibly busy right now and that he apologizes for the late reply....

malumouse

8/3/07
Patience

Hey....how come these types of threads come out when a new watch comes to the market?(Anyone else agrees??).......A thread similar to this one was started when the IWC 3717 PILOT came out..and everyone was wondering where EDDIE LEE went....You will get your watches...patience is all you need....I spent a CONSIDERABLE amount more than you (way above 700)...and have been talking to Angus daily....Just sit tight, you will get your watches..and when you do..I will hear you say "ANGUS IS THE BEST"!!!..lol....the usual scenario...

clos

17/3/06
Re: Patience

malumouse said:
Hey....how come these types of threads come out when a new watch comes to the market?(Anyone else agrees??).......A thread similar to this one was started when the IWC 3717 PILOT came out..and everyone was wondering where EDDIE LEE went....You will get your watches...patience is all you need....I spent a CONSIDERABLE amount more than you (way above 700)...and have been talking to Angus daily....Just sit tight, you will get your watches..and when you do..I will hear you say "ANGUS IS THE BEST"!!!..lol....the usual scenario...

the usual scenario... :?: :?:

malumouse

8/3/07
Yup..

Yup......it always seems to happen..when members worry about getting their watches(and then start a thread stating the dealer is NOT answering my emails, or I think he/she took my money....lol).then after they recieve them...they praise the seller.....for the great watch..etc......

clos

17/3/06
Re: Yup..

malumouse said:
Yup......it always seems to happen..when members worry about getting their watches(and then start a thread stating the dealer is NOT answering my emails, or I think he/she took my money....lol).then after they recieve them...they praise the seller.....for the great watch..etc......

If I say "tomorrow you have number tracking", for me tomorow its tomorrow. no one montth later.

Sorry if I´m mistaken.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Has this been resolved yet, cdzsmith1?

Have you heard from angus?

just wondering.... :roll:

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
What should I say....

If you're asking if it's been resolved to my (or any reasonable person's) satisfaction, I'd say HELL NO.

If you ask if he's emailed me, the answer is yes, once on Sun, May 20 to tell me that my sending him mulltiple emails caused him to read my emails last, since he reads his emails from the bottom to top... not something I am familiar with, but we probably use different email services...

He sent another email on Wed May 23 saying the watches had shipped. He did not send a tracking number, nor has he responded to my requests for one. So, very bad communications, but it's too early to be concerned that the watches (HOPEFULLY mailed on Wed May 23) have not yet arrived. BUT HE REALLY SHOULD BE MORE COMMUNICATIVE, ESPECIALLY SINCE WE TRADED 5-10 EMAILS PER DAY UP UNTIL HE HAD MY MONEY.....

So, I'm ok for another week or so. But, I'm aware of another person, who has been waiting for his considerably more expensive order than mine, who has been waiting considerably longer than I have, who was sent no tracking info for the first shipment which was said to have been returned due to Custom's uncertainty (understand? Me neither).

Then he experienced the same lack of comms as I did, and on Wed, May 23 he was told his order shipped again; he was provided tracking info, and his ordered entered Customs (as is normal) today, in the US. BUT HE IS IN THE EU.

So, am I happy? NO. Is my buddy happy? NO. Am I going crazy, no - but my buddy's pretty pissed, and I will be too, if the watches don't show up in the next week or so - ESPECIALLY IF ANGUS DOESN'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO SEND AN EMAIL OR SEND THE TRACKING INFO (caps mean shouting, right?).

Thanks for asking :evil:

Oh yeah, I've only emailed Angus twice - once asking for tracking info, and another time telling him of my dissatisfaction with his customer service - so my emails should be right at the bottom of his list, where they'll be read first.