• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Don't ever

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
Moral of the story...........

Don't ever try to be humorous on any section other than this....this forum is far too serious a place to be for any frivolity.

Please take note!

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
Nice to see that some people do realize that serious is OK, just like funny is.

Who said SERIOUS does not accomplish great things?

In fact, great ideas, decisions, inventions, innovations, improvements, discoveries and more...

have been acheived from a serious mental focus.

Laughter, humour and funny is appreciated at the appopriate time, place and with the right people. It takes an above average mind to know when to use humour.

LL

superwmnx

7/2/07
someone might as well just lock this one now, that's i'm sure how it will end up anyways...

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06
I cant get enough of this... :twisted:

Kittah!

ha-ha-ha2.jpg

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
There is a place and time for everything. I for one didn't see any humor in that "other" thread. Didn't even get a quiet chuckle from me. I also didn't see it as a serious thread either. Just think it was in the wrong section for jokes. That's all.

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
For Christ's sakes loosen up.....so far up your arses to see daylight

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
tootall said:
There is a place and time for everything. I for one didn't see any humor in that "other" thread. Didn't even get a quiet chuckle from me. I also didn't see it as a serious thread either. Just think it was in the wrong section for jokes. That's all.

you didn't see any humor in that thread? your shitting me right? you guys need to lighten up. this is a internet forum, nobody is curing cancer in here.

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
hk45ca said:
tootall said:

you didn't see any humor in that thread? your shitting me right? you guys need to lighten up. this is a internet forum, nobody is curing cancer in here.

I am being mis understood. I mean it didn't strike me as funny. I didn't think the joke was a funny one. Much like if someone asked you why the chicken crossed the road? It just wasn't funny to me.

I know it was a joke. And I am glad others got laughter out of it. But to me it was too corny. That's all.

I am just saying, I can understand if someone gets confused, if a Mod places such a thread in the replica discussion area. But if it starts in a humor or looney bin thread then there is no confusion. Know what I mean? :)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
totally said:
hk45ca said:
tootall said:

I am being mis understood. I mean it didn't strike me as funny. I didn't think the joke was a funny one. Much like if someone asked you why the chicken crossed the road? It just wasn't funny to me.

I know it was a joke. And I am glad others got laughter out of it. But to me it was too corny. That's all.

I am just saying, I can understand if someone gets confused, if a Mod places such a thread in the replica discussion area. But if it starts in a humor or looney bin thread then there is no confusion. Know what I mean? :)

yes, i know exactly what you mean but i am totally dumfounded as to how there was any confusion to begine with.

Hambone

Banned
24/11/06
Your point is heard young lady, now take that pointy head and get it anointed, for a pointy head is pointy pointy, and should duly be anointed, anointy nointy.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
pugwash said:
hk45ca said:
yes, i know exactly what you mean but i am totally dumfounded as to how there was any confusion to begine with.
Because humour isn't universal across cultures.

like i said pugs, nobody is curing cancer here so just lighten up.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i am having a very hard time here in the US because Americans do not get sarcasm at all

i just recently told my psychologist: Doch, you need to help me ! i am having such a hard time making friends in this country, you cocksucker !

is that funny ?

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
horologie_unitas said:
i am having a very hard time here in the US because Americans do not get sarcasm at all

i just recently told my psychologist: Doch, you need to help me ! i am having such a hard time making friends in this country, you cocksucker !

is that funny ?

I don't get it.

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
pugwash said:
hk45ca said:
like i said pugs, nobody is curing cancer here so just lighten up.
On the internet, no-one can see you laughing. I think the reason that some stuff isn't seen as humour is because it is simply not well enough written.

ps. This is humour. I find it funny, at least. :D

good point

There is much more to humour than just a joke in the written form.

One can read a joke and not react the same way when you hear that joke and you even react more differently when you hear it and see it (the comedian) in a certain setting with a few drinks maybe or in a good mood type of mind set?

What one writes will not always be read the same way you wrote it.

Anyways, nuff said, just figure it out. THINK all this up, IF YOU CAN.

And here is this:

GOOD humour is an ART, not a FART.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I thought it was funny. Seanf is pretty well written BTW. I'm just siding with him because we have the same name. I'm pretty shallow like that. Seriously though is making light of that subject like yelling bomb inside an airplane? Because thats the way some people reacted. Of all the people that frequent here on a regular basis was there anyone who thought he wasn't being sarcastic. Have you read anything by Seanf before? My God I'll say it, though its been said before, LIGHTEN UP.

@PUGS I agreed humor isn't universal across cultures. The English and Irish have distinctly different humor than us Yanks but I still get it. Not to mention alot of us kinda know each other a little by now. Believe me I know you're a humorous fellow yourself Pugs.

Sean K