• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone Planning To Buy A Gen In 2007?

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
i am thinking Omega PO or SMP. leaning towards the PO.

jfreeman420

Known Member
28/7/06
I am looking for the right deal on a gold yachtmaster with mop serti dial. My gen purchase for this year.

raijor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/11/06
Never going to purchase another Gen again. Complete wasted of money IMO. Reps have gotten good enough to satisfy my simple tastes.

I was wondering over the holiday period whether or not I would buy a gen this year, and if so, which one.

The fact is that I am satisfied with my replica collection at the moment, and don't see the need to buy a gen, especially given that I intend to add a few more reps.

Anyone planning or saving up to buy a gen?

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
I have the ok to get a gen on our cruise next month, but at this point I don't know what I want.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
birdman said:
Tissot Seastar
Coo, I picked one of them up recently ...

seastar-01.jpg

JoJo35

Known Member
10/3/07
I'm actually thinking of a few.. Either a Ebel two-tone 1911, or a Movado museum rose gold mechanical (only 125 being made so my chances of that are nil! lol) or... something I was drooling over about a week ago..

a gold PAM carbon fiber dial (if Tourneau watches in NYC still has it)

I think I might take a trip to 5th Ave tomorrow and check out Wempe and Tourneau! :lol:

Rob1

Horology Curious
16/12/06
I really love the Tag Monaco and there don't seem to be any decent reps around, so perhaps I might weaken my resolve and buy a gen version. I wish I had a friend who was in the trade and could offer big discounts; it would make it much easier to justify the expense... :lol:

magick1

23/11/06
I'll be in St. Thomas this November if not also in May. I'v been looking real hard at some Zeniths and the Planet Oceans at Little Switzerland. Now that the PO is such a fine rep.....Zenith is looking like the choice.

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
I'm going to Sinn (U2) a little this year, hopefully February or March then I will be back to thinking about a gen black seamaster... maybe a Ti Zeno chronograph in there too for fun...

gjermund123

Known Member
22/5/06
I didn't plan on buying any gens in 06..ended up with 8 (none of them new though). Didn't plan on buying any reps in 06 either..ended up with 10.

So I see no reason to plan anything for 07 :)

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Last night at Barnes and Noble I picked up the Dec Watch Times (Holiday Gift Edition) for a few ideas... Wow that was a bad idea. I have at least 20 gens I want to try on while I'm on vaca.

Suprisingly one of the top ones on my list is the TiSSOT T-Touch

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
I was thinking Navitimer 402 black dial... I've been dreaming about being in bed with gen PAM 177H and Navitimer 402... at the same time!

Don't tell my wife!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Quarks said:
takashi said:
Perhaps a Jaeger LeCoultre (YAY-gur luh-kool-tray).

Hehehe... I should say the hidden hint is within the word kangaroo. That's all I would give. :) Takashi, I am in SG now, Have u met up with azgjav yet? We should all meet up for a small GTG... if time permits.

Sure thing Quarks! Haven't meet azgjav but I'm glad if we can have small gathering :p A few people has actually sent me PM asking about the gathering... In any ways, I am in.

amadeus

Known Member
24/12/06
I'm thinking of gettting the Damasko DC57 and the new Archimede Pilot Chronograph.

SHOTAM

5/12/06
A polar or a garmin forerunner with gps it's good wathes for running