• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How long does rep last?

leodavin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/15
Hey guys,
Was wondering how long does rep watch last?
As i bought the so called pam 390 noob from our TD here in late September but now it stopped.
I was under assumption that rep has evolved into somewhat stable timepiece that you can keep it gor at least several years, or maybe it's wishful thinking.
Anf i rarely wear it, maybe out of these 2 months, only 20 times or so.
Can you guys share some of ur insight and advice what to do with it?

Thanks
Leo

freanc

Horology Curious
21/2/11
My Noob 177 N V3, 2 years and 2 months. At the moment I'm busy trying to fix it myself.

DizzDozzy

Known Member
16/5/15
Hey guys,
Was wondering how long does rep watch last?
As i bought the so called pam 390 noob from our TD here in late September but now it stopped.
I was under assumption that rep has evolved into somewhat stable timepiece that you can keep it gor at least several years, or maybe it's wishful thinking.
Anf i rarely wear it, maybe out of these 2 months, only 20 times or so.
Can you guys share some of ur insight and advice what to do with it?

Thanks
Leo

I suggest you get it checked by your local watch-smith or someone you know who can repair watches. Have you dropped the Movement before? I've had my Noob PAM 390 3 Months Ago and it is still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotador

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/14
This kind of watches can last a long time if they are properly serviced and oiled.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
A 390 uses a China built copy of the venerable 6497 hand wind and thus should be almost bullet proof, I have never had one fail out of the 12 or so I have. What's it's problem mate?

Depending on the dealer it may be under warranty but TBH you may be better having it looked at closer to home than sending it back. Where are you located?

ortho

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/8/12
I have had several of my watches 7+ years, still runs strong!
My 390 is 2 years, no prob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leodavin

24/8/15
Thanks for the fast reply guys, my 390 just stopped working, try to wind it this morning and seems there's no movement and I didn't hear the movement either, I'm located in Taiwan Trailboss.
Didn't abuse it or golfing with it.

Leo

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Shipping it back from TW may not be that expensive, contact your dealer and ask. If not there are plenty of small watchmakers in TW and it's one of the easiest MVTs to repair there is.

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
when my reps stop working, i smash it to the ground and magically it works again!

leodavin

24/8/15
Shipping it back from TW may not be that expensive, contact your dealer and ask. If not there are plenty of small watchmakers in TW and it's one of the easiest MVTs to repair there is.
thanks Trailboss, I'll try both ways

458spider said:
when my reps stop working, i smash it to the ground and magically it works again!
errr..... not sure if I wanna try your way, a bit extreme to my taste LOL.

deOnn

21/3/08
first rep bought in 08, still works. got a local guy who will kindly service for me on the hush. these reps are essentially running on popular movements like 6497 and 7750 anyway.

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
I do not see a reason why these would not work as good and long as genuine watches. We are already past times like 2004 when you could find some pubes in your movement from chinese factory :)

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I've got a Yachtmaster beater bought in '06...21j. Never had it serviced, and it runs @ +3/5 sec per day! Never had a problem..

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I have a PAM 117 with a 6497 hand wind and it's going strong after 8 years. I have a POS Sub/GMT hybrid automatic (I need to post a pic) I bought in the Caribbean and it still runs after 24 years. I think it's really hit or miss unless you get them serviced.

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
As long as any other watches, if you service them.

riso1983

9/12/15
Slovakia
Hello guys, I know i'm a bit off-topic, but if you can give an advise... I'm from Slovakia. Any trusted watch-smith in the EU region (austria,germany) for PAM? thank you for any help