• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

adhya

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/12
tried the 3rd party delivery 3 times its ok and safe but now TAOBAO is offering official intl shipping service (target customer is oversea Chinese) which i guess would be better than 3rd party.

Thanks for the news. I will try it after CNY. There are some interesting items.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I owe few replies for the prada oxford

The leather is WAY better (softer and also feels better) than the $60 brogues I bought on asos which were labeled as genuine leather.
As for welting, i'm not sure since the sole is quite thick and made of rubber..the insole is welted to the sole, that i can tell.

They look and feel great to me, now if you ask me whether $94 is a fair price I'd say there is a good 20% markup for the logo. But I believe this applies to ALL branded items.

I want to pull the trigger also on this pair of Hugo Boss, but they clearly told me to wait at least until 15/02 before checking stock again

As for world.taobao.com , this is how I'm greeted

RsgGtf9.png

Use google translate they said, it'll be fun they said

dmxzor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/4/15

The leather is WAY better (softer and also feels better) than the $60 brogues I bought on asos which were labeled as genuine leather.
As for welting, i'm not sure since the sole is quite thick and made of rubber..the insole is welted to the sole, that i can tell.

They look and feel great to me, now if you ask me whether $94 is a fair price I'd say there is a good 20% markup for the logo. But I believe this applies to ALL branded items.

I want to pull the trigger also on this pair of Hugo Boss, but they clearly told me to wait at least until 15/02 before checking stock again

RsgGtf9.png

Link us with the oxfords ;)

SmqSub

I'm Pretty Popular
29/12/10

RsgGtf9.png

Lol!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abog

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/13
One question. Can we expect some good discounts after chinese new year?
I am thinking of ordering some products but will wait if discounts will be.

Good news that taobao offer shipping

For prada shoes- are they true size?

dmxzor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/4/15
Bought Balmain Jeans for bike, those are fuc***** PERFECT! Paid around 65$ and it is just epic. ;)

Look for: Balm Jeans on ali and pick whatever you want ;)

D

d4m.test

So after a long wait, my new glasses arrived today. I suffer badly with an eye defect where my eyes let in too much light, however it's not practical to walk around in dark glasses all the time, nor do I need that level of light correction. Just enough to take the edge off. When I was I kid, I used to wear yellow lenses. Yes, I got bullied! I've been looking for some decent glasses for a while and finally found what I wanted. Good price too and the quality is great. Cost about £27 with free shipping to UK. Well boxed and protected. Only downside is the label on the cloth pouch is not straight. Overall, I'm really pleased.

a408855739758b717bc8a321f75d6d67.jpg

03eaf7545d539865e4cd963795dfdc8c.jpg

2c268b7f78062e98b3fea0498db61104.jpg

28187c74e8ea6071f65aa47704d26742.jpg

00fb540ac21680777107cf8af919a872.jpg

6e112bf86c529629ad7798b9af0a0c02.jpg

d8ce2bd17d3ac14523974f586df6b2cb.jpg

16ee02bba9a63d3a8be13c80988457a8.jpg

fb41ed82d3d2aee352875bf1493c68eb.jpg

dorsen

Known Member
28/9/15
So after a long wait, my new glasses arrived today. I suffer badly with an eye defect where my eyes let in too much light, however it's not practical to walk around in dark glasses all the time, nor do I need that level of light correction. Just enough to take the edge off. When I was I kid, I used to wear yellow lenses. Yes, I got bullied! I've been looking for some decent glasses for a while and finally found what I wanted. Good price too and the quality is great. Cost about £27 with free shipping to UK. Well boxed and protected. Only downside is the label on the cloth pouch is not straight. Overall, I'm really pleased.

00fb540ac21680777107cf8af919a872.jpg
Oh wow... If you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all? Haha

I got oliver peoples riley k prescription lenses, oliver people sir o'malley's with polarized and rayban clubmasters with prescription polarized lenses.

Ali is really good for glasses I'm finding.

Discigerous

Renowned Member
29/9/15
Any suggestions from anywhere for nice branded briefcases/laptop messenger bags? Old Cobbler doesn't seem to carry any...

Appreciate any recommendations :)

I'd suggest the Porte-Documents Voyage GM from Old Cobbler which we've been discussing the last couple pages. They only have pictures of the regular one on Yupoo and not the GM version.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Hey guys, so I've been looking for months for some RM Williams and they just never come up. I'm trying to find something very similar, any ideas? Any favourite boots stores?

Ferragamo?

2015 new men fashion first class cow leather quality boots classic brand noble male all match boot men's black leather shoes
http://s.aliexpress.com/3eI7jEbQ
(from AliExpress Android)

Sent from my SM-T325

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC

They work well?? I have to wear yellow or similar tinted lenses at night and super dark glasses during the day. I aswell suffer from an eye injury, but mine was self inflicted.. All I wanted to do was have an even tan as an ocean lifeguard on my face.. Girls don't like funky tan lines! (So I thought...) As silly as it is looking back, I will forever stress sunglasses and polarized sunglasses. Nothing is worth your eyes.

Moral: wear sunglasses!! Haha

D

d4m.test

They work well?? I have to wear yellow or similar tinted lenses at night and super dark glasses during the day. I aswell suffer from an eye injury, but mine was self inflicted.. All I wanted to do was have an even tan as an ocean lifeguard on my face.. Girls don't like funky tan lines! (So I thought...) As silly as it is looking back, I will forever stress sunglasses and polarized sunglasses. Nothing is worth your eyes.

Moral: wear sunglasses!! Haha

Ha ha ha, reminds me of that awful Baz Lurhman 'wear sunscreen' tune from a couple of decades ago. No substitute for decent eye wear when out in the sun.

As for these ones, I've only worn them for a short while on a short drive so far, and typical British weather prevails, so not the best judge. I'll let you know how I get on. They seem to be good enough for taking out the daytime over brightness and hopefully good at enhanced vision for night time driving to, or so they're supposed to be. Watch this space!

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Ha ha ha, reminds me of that awful Baz Lurhman 'wear sunscreen' tune from a couple of decades ago. No substitute for decent eye wear when out in the sun.

As for these ones, I've only worn them for a short while on a short drive so far, and typical British weather prevails, so not the best judge. I'll let you know how I get on. They seem to be good enough for taking out the daytime over brightness and hopefully good at enhanced vision for night time driving to, or so they're supposed to be. Watch this space!

Haha no there isn't.. Mine luckily has slowly become better as the years go on, but I wasn't able to drive at night, or be out in any sunlight without glasses.. But now I can be out with sunlight for a little (not that I push my luck anymore haha)

alright thanks man! If you wouldn't mind sending me the link! And I'll order then after CNY

asdfghj

Looking Around
7/8/15
I think RWI should start a mini sub-forum for this activities man... it's hard reading through 773 pages of posts! >.< BUT awesome information here everyone! Can't wait to start ordering after CNY.

Cheers!