• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig schumi

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
Hmmm. $6,500 for a rep peeeeeegay bumblebee or gen Pepsi. God. What was I thinking?

dY9yOqPh.jpg

I'd go for the Pepsi personally, but I don't think that gives me the right to bash others who wouldn't.

Everyone has their own personal tastes and comfort level when it comes to pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Grape, I know you weren't exactly speaking to me but I'm gonna somewhat respond to your bashing comment.

When I say something or anything really its not bashing its saying exactly what I think with no filter. Like this guys rep for over six thousand, yes I think it's Fing stupid to spend that much on any rep and I think anyone who spends that much on a rep is out of their Fing mind for doing so. Now see its not bashing its informing the members that doing so makes you idiot, you see again not bashing just giving information. I don't really give two Fs what anybody buys or spends their funds on, not really, but I will point out when someone is an idiot which is not bashing but is informing.

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
The other thing that occurred to me about a f*cking $6.5K replica watch is that you can only sell it on a forum like RWI to a small number of people, compared to a real vintage piece of the same price. And as often as we all flip watches, it makes no sense to dump so much money into a watch. Hell even the majority of people who build a franken bluesy end up dumping them for $5K just to go buy a gen for a couple of more thousand.

For f*ck's sake, you can buy a new sub for $6.5K off TRF, then once you're bored of it, sell it again for the same f*cking price.

The problem is, the buyer doesn't have the need to even think about selling it again. He's filthy well off and has been buying most franken APs that came up for sale so far. So yeah...

But I personally agree that there's a max price limit on reps, franken or not, rare or not, unique piece or not and $6.5k is over it and unreasonable. Heck, the piece isn't even an "ultimate franken" imo. I can even buy the gen I'm considering now with that money straightaway.

It's unfortunate that it ended this way for schumi. He could have just mentioned that he couldn't give the price breakdown because he bought it from another member and maybe refer the previous sales thread. No need to be defensive all of a sudden and started talking about himself, which is totally irrelevant. Gotta remember that not every member is an avid AP fan and they won't be familiar with the costs of a franken build and understand the high list price of it.
Although the first post by pietcornelisse asking the price breakdown wasn't appropriately worded too.

pimlico

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/4/15
The problem is, the buyer doesn't have the need to even think about selling it again. He's filthy well off and has been buying most franken APs that came up for sale so far. So yeah...

Who was the buyer? It was never disclosed. We all have reason to believe the watch was never sold, because HVS are slow.

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Who was the buyer? It was never disclosed. We all have reason to believe the watch was never sold, because HVS are slow.

It's [[redacted]]. Schumi has been hinting it all over the place. lol

pimlico

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/4/15
It's [[redacted]]. Schumi has been hinting it all over the place. lol

Did [[redacted]] confirm he bought it?

[[ADMIN]] FFS guys, have some respect for the buyer's privacy please!! :facepalm; [[/ADMIN]]

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Let the man speaks himself then and hopefully it'll lay one thing to rest.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
It's unfortunate that it ended this way for schumi. He could have just mentioned that he couldn't give the price breakdown because he bought it from another member and maybe refer the previous sales thread. No need to be defensive all of a sudden and started talking about himself, which is totally irrelevant.

Hey Jamz, You are a gentleman and a good man Sir, not to add a great asset for this community. You know how much i learned from you ;)

But this Dummy was another case: His attitude was inappropriate to say the least that is what got him here, and he deserves it !

I never like him in the first place and had some issues with him on RG, he actually is on my ignored list there... I am not surprised how all this turned out...

Anyway he will be quickly forgotten, Life goes on :lol:

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
Grape, I know you weren't exactly speaking to me but I'm gonna somewhat respond to your bashing comment.

When I say something or anything really its not bashing its saying exactly what I think with no filter. Like this guys rep for over six thousand, yes I think it's Fing stupid to spend that much on any rep and I think anyone who spends that much on a rep is out of their Fing mind for doing so. Now see its not bashing its informing the members that doing so makes you idiot, you see again not bashing just giving information. I don't really give two Fs what anybody buys or spends their funds on, not really, but I will point out when someone is an idiot which is not bashing but is informing.

I would also rather go for a gen Pepsi like Grape than any rep on the planet if I had $6500 to spare and I totally agree with you Sub that it is crazy. But we are expressing opinions, not information.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
You know what sub4me's problem is....he keeps things bottled up, and doesnt express his true feelings :( :p

Schmohr

Known Member
25/12/15
Well, Mr. Building Builder certainly had no problem building his own tomb. :D

Borz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/2/14
And that alleged legend of the rep world still hasn't posted a wrist shot.