• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order with Toro - Omega Planet Ocean Chrono. (getting a little moist).

triker

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/12
UK
Well, bit the bullet and ordered a Noob Omega Planet Ocean Chrono, black face with triple dials from Toro - communication to date has been fast and emails flying back and fore.

Looking forward to the order going smoothly on the Omega (I hope) as I have a Noob Black faced, silver/gold in the cart, ready to buy once I have received the Omega - if all is well with the Omega of course.

I will update as order progresses and put photos up once it gets in to my sweaty hands.
:thumbup:

Just down to finger tapping and retreating to the bunker for a while now.

triker.

John John

17/12/15
I hope your hands will not getting moist, if the A7750 stops after a few days... (the reason I ordered a ordinary CRPO) But hey, you are a long time member and you know what your doing. I wish you the best and never play with the stop watch. :) Joking apart, there are so many chrono's I would like to buy, but after reading all that stuff about the A7750 I'm too anxious.

triker

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/12
UK
Thanks for this John John.

I have a couple now with this movement and to be honest with you I have never really had a problem with them (other than I once pulled a winder crown clean out).
:laugh:

triker.

triker

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/12
UK
Update.....

Wow, this Torro is fast - received email confirmation of order straight away and today have received the watch confirmation photos,,,,, expected a good few days, maybe a week, but the day after order - excellent.

Have confirmed with Toro - just awaiting delivery now.

Will keep updating as things progress.

triker.

triker

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/12
UK
Update......

Ten days on from placing order, confirmation of QC photos and an email that the watch had been sent, not heard anything since - not received any tracking details either, though have requested them.

Gone very quiet after the flurry of emails during order.

triker.

John John

17/12/15
Gone very quiet after the flurry of emails during order.

That's true, but this doesn't mean he is twiddle one's thumbs. I had to ask for my tracking number too. Does it help to ship my package faster? No, it doesn't. My watches are now 4 day's in customs...

I know he is not very communicative but I trust this guy.

triker

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/12
UK
That's true, but this doesn't mean he is twiddle one's thumbs. I had to ask for my tracking number too. Does it help to ship my package faster? No, it doesn't. My watches are now 4 day's in customs...

I know he is not very communicative but I trust this guy.

Oh dear, they are stuck in customs - good luck.

Not really a matter of trust, the tracking is important to me as nearest neighbours about 2 miles away and the nearest DHL about 30 miles - just want to ensure someone is in to receive/sign for delivery without taking a few weeks off just in case,,,,, if you know what I mean.

triker.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Oh dear, they are stuck in customs - good luck.

Not really a matter of trust, the tracking is important to me as nearest neighbours about 2 miles away and the nearest DHL about 30 miles - just want to ensure someone is in to receive/sign for delivery without taking a few weeks off just in case,,,,, if you know what I mean.

triker.

No worries on stuck in customs 99 times out of 100 it means nothing just handling procedure. Toro is super busy atm I presume as it is coming up to the New Year. I only purchased for the first time from him on Sunday. The watch was dispatched on Monday. So far so good, package has not left China yet though, that can take a while :(

triker

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/12
UK
Update......

Still no info or tracking number - though was promised it yesterday.

Hard to digest that 11 days after it being sent there's no tracking info/number forwarded - not had this before from any dealer. The Fedex/DHL 'Express delivery' (4-7 days) was an additional $45.00 too.

triker.

triker

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/12
UK
Update........

Just received a tracking number, crack open the Jack Daniels.:thumbup:

Watch currently residing somewhere in Hong Kong.:cryingbadly:

Looking forward to it arriving, hopefully it will be leaving HK before the Chinese New Year kicks in,,,, and more hopefully it lands in UK before the next New Year.
:laugh:

triker.

triker

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/12
UK
Update.......

WooHoo, just had an email from the guys at DHL "Your parcel has just cleared customs and will be delivered to your nearest hub for dispatch and delivery".
:thumbup:
Could be in my sweaty hands tomorrow. Photos will be uploaded of course.

triker.

triker

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/12
UK
Update.....

Well, it's here and what a fantastic watch for sure. Below is a photo of it (though a crap old iphone jobby) and below that is one of my original. Other than a slight depth difference in the date window it is a very good reproduction.

Well Done Torro - Da Man. (could buy about 16 of these for the price of my original - one fro work and one for play now):shuffle:

triker.

The one received from Torro just now.

My original.