• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need to vent...

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
I found this forum after being annoyed at the quality of a Omega PO I got from Ali.

Main issue with the watch was the Omega Logo not been stuck on the dial.

Found this forum, then ordered the watch from a TD which was very excited to receive today.

And then... I'm even more p*ssed off then I started. Grrrrrrr. Same f'in issue...

20160108_134506_zpsvddgeork.jpg

A logo is the main attraction in a watch and a part that most people will pay attention to. And for that not to be seated properly is a niggle I couldn't live with in my first watch.

Seriously thinking of ditching this hobby...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DodgeP

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/6/15
Did you get QC pics prior to delivery? Just asking?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Maybe you could message the TD and get a new dial ???

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
I did, even rejected first watch. I've emailed the TD to see what they say.

But with a good light and straight angle you can't see this. In florescent light the logo retracts and for me sticks out a mile.

Just royally cheesed off right now.

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
Politely emailed biting my lip...

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
V6f

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
That's really annoying and not easy to spot on the QCs from full on as you say. I have had this happen to me where the logo has come out. Its attached by two little feet at the back of the logo that go through the dial. Its not a difficult job to put it back but you need to know what you are doing as its easy to ruin the dial, hands, markers etc if you go about it the wrong way and without the proper tools, believe me I know this from bitter experience. Also never try to glue it back on from the front, push the logo/marker through the dial holes and apply the glue to the feet from the rear of the dial where they poke through, glue on the dial is a real pita. Hope you get it sorted.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
You bought a rep, not saying it's a bad thing, but things like this are to be expected. You can't nitpick these minuscule details that absolutely no one can see without magnification.

Plus I can't even see what you are talking about based on the picture posted. Maybe you could post a better picture of what you are talking about?

However, if you are really worried about such minor details like this, you should source a gen dial, and have a modder install it for you, then you will have no worries and will still be well south of what a gen piece would cost you. Or you could start searching for a franken piece M2M, as there have been quite a few PO frankens in the past few months.

Good luck!

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
You bought a rep, not saying it's a bad thing, but things like this are to be expected. You can't nitpick these minuscule details that absolutely no one can see without magnification.

Plus I can't even see what you are talking about based on the picture posted. Maybe you could post a better picture of what you are talking about?

However, if you are really worried about such minor details like this, you should source a gen dial, and have a modder install it for you, then you will have no worries and will still be well south of what a gen piece would cost you. Or you could start searching for a franken piece M2M, as there have been quite a few PO frankens in the past few months.

Good luck!

Ralph, don't appreciate this comment. $300 for a watch you expect the logo to be seated on the dial. A minor issue is say the clasp sticking or a misalignment in a tiny lume. This sticks out a mile. On a $60 fake from ALi this is acceptable.

The pic shows how the O is lifted from the dial. Look at the pic you can see a shadow underneath. It's the first thing you notice when you look at the watch and a complete giveaway that it is a replica to anyone.

Andy, yes I totally messed up my Ali dial trying to fix the same thing so don't want to mess with this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
Why do you buy a rep? Do you buy one and put a sticker on it saying its a rep?

Right now it's a piece of junk cos I can't wear it.

Ralphy

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Ralph, don't appreciate this comment. $300 for a watch you expect the logo to be seated on the dial. A minor issue is say the clasp sticking or a misalignment in a tiny lume. This sticks out a mile. On a $60 fake from ALi this is acceptable.

The pic shows how the O is lifted from the dial. Look at the pic you can see a shadow underneath. It's the first thing you notice when you look at the watch and a complete giveaway that it is a replica to anyone.

Andy, yes I totally messed up my Ali dial trying to fix the same thing so don't want to mess with this one.

I'm sorry you don't appreciate my comment. But I think if you took some time to read through the forum a bit more, you would find we are not here to "fool" people in to thinking we are wearing gen watches. We are here because we love and appreciate these watches and don't want to or can't afford to drop that much cash on gens. Most threads you will find members stating that they own up to the fact they wear reps. I don't tell people I wear reps unless they ask me about my watches, because I wear them for me, not them, because I enjoy them.

But again, for $300, it isn't a huge deal, and is a simple fix. If it is something you don't feel you can fix yourself, contact a modder, and get a quote for them to fix it for you. While they are at it you could have the dial super-lumed as well.

However, frankens of this model are easily found M2M, get one of those and then you won't have to worry about this.

I don't want to minimize your disappointment in this, as I understand your frustration, but think about what you purchased. You bought a rep of a $4k-$6k watch for $300.00

You could always get a gen, joma has them on sale right now, http://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch-23230462101003.html

Again, good luck with this. I think you will find, in this hobby patience is needed, and it is most rewarding when you are in it for you, and not for what you think others will think of you based on what watches you wear. At the end of the day you will find most people don't care.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
This thread made me check all my POs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
[MENTION=115210]kiz1[/MENTION]
Unfortunately reps. do not have the QC procedures applicable to gens. I hear your disappointment, and yes it may not be the last time unfortunately. However this should be an easy fix for any good watchmaker, so do not give up on this. From that picture alone it looks like a beautiful watch so if you can move on from the disappointment and just get it fixed. My watchmaker must love me at this stage, I keep him busy lol. It seems that every where I turn there is a rep to work on or a gen or a clock to be fixed or brought back to life.

Good luck with it Kiz.

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
Ralph, I'm in this for me. And it's sticks out a mile for me.

And I've spent a few months on the forum before I started posting. If you look at my posts they are not bumps or other crap to up my count.

This post is what it is, a vent. Also any members buying a PO can double check this with there TD. I'm not flaming the TD or naming anyone. I've taken this up with them, let see what happens. What's really annoying is the robust QCs that the TDs do ain't great.

In fact I rejected the first QC, without posting members opinions. I didn't vent about the wait and I was patient. I understand the game. But getting a faulty dial wasn't expected.

I'm not comparing this to a gen and complaining about the tone of the colour or something trivial etc. The logo really sticks out in the light and looks faulty. Not what you expect when spending that money. And this isn't a cheap rep, it's supposed to be a high quality watch in it self. If it was something I could fix, believe me I'd have fixed it and would proudly be wearing the watch tonight.

Anyway, I'll see what the next steps are, patience is fine for a hobby, frustration isn't.

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
[MENTION=115210]kiz1[/MENTION]
Unfortunately reps. do not have the QC procedures applicable to gens. I hear your disappointment, and yes it may not be the last time unfortunately. However this should be an easy fix for any good watchmaker, so do not give up on this. From that picture alone it looks like a beautiful watch so if you can move on from the disappointment and just get it fixed. My watchmaker must love me at this stage, I keep him busy lol. It seems that every where I turn there is a rep to work on or a gen or a clock to be fixed or brought back to life.

Good luck with it Kiz.

It is a nice watch, I just wish i was wearing it! Yes I'll look for a watch maker in the area that's rep friendly!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
It is a nice watch, I just wish i was wearing it! Yes I'll look for a watch maker in the area that's rep friendly!

Most are and appreciate them for what they are, to quote my watchmaker "you would not believe the flaws I see on genuine watches"

Ralphy

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Ralph, I'm in this for me. And it's sticks out a mile for me.

And I've spent a few months on the forum before I started posting. If you look at my posts they are not bumps or other crap to up my count.

This post is what it is, a vent. Also any members buying a PO can double check this with there TD. I'm not flaming the TD or naming anyone. I've taken this up with them, let see what happens. What's really annoying is the robust QCs that the TDs do ain't great.

In fact I rejected the first QC, without posting members opinions. I didn't vent about the wait and I was patient. I understand the game. But getting a faulty dial wasn't expected.

I'm not comparing this to a gen and complaining about the tone of the colour or something trivial etc. The logo really sticks out in the light and looks faulty. Not what you expect when spending that money. And this isn't a cheap rep, it's supposed to be a high quality watch in it self. If it was something I could fix, believe me I'd have fixed it and would proudly be wearing the watch tonight.

Anyway, I'll see what the next steps are, patience is fine for a hobby, frustration isn't.

No worries man, I understand the disappointment. But I think the moral of the story is be prepared for things like this. That's all.

Good luck with the TD, but you are probably better off going to the tech section and finding an RWI modder to help you out, or posting to the general thread asking for GB friends to recommend a watchsmith.

I love my PO!!! So good luck with yours!!!

OZw5eswm.jpg

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
I love my PO!!!

Yeah yeah, rub it in! Your logo looks spot on!

Tech forum didn't seem to help me with the same issue on my cheap PO, so think I'm on my own devices with this.